• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 19, 2020

    Weight loss: Lost 110 lbs in 15 months after struggling with my weight for my entire childhood, teens, and young adulthood. If you’re close to giving up, please don’t.

    Weight loss: Lost 110 lbs in 15 months after struggling with my weight for my entire childhood, teens, and young adulthood. If you’re close to giving up, please don’t.


    Lost 110 lbs in 15 months after struggling with my weight for my entire childhood, teens, and young adulthood. If you’re close to giving up, please don’t.

    Posted: 18 May 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    Progress: https://m.imgur.com/a/pW6Nm06

    Throughout my childhood, I was the biggest kid in class. I got bullied constantly in school for my appearance, and that just made things worse over time. My shyness and lack of self esteem turned into full blown anxiety and depression in my teens, and my weight shot up to 345 pounds.

    I made many attempts to get healthy, following different diets and exercise routines. I would sometimes lose 10-15 pounds, only to slowly gain it back.

    Sometime in late 2018, I found this sub and began to lurk. (Just created this account to post this but I've been following here for years now.) Around New Year's 2019, I made my usual weight loss resolution, but decided to truly commit this time around. I weighed 304.6 pounds at this point. I downloaded myFitnessPal, and started counting calories and exercising every day.

    I don't need to tell you guys that it was hard. This took more discipline and patience than anything I've ever done. I calculated that it would take over a year to lose 100 pounds, and it did. There were many, many plateaus, and there were moments when the quest seemed hopeless.

    Eventually, the weight started coming off with more consistency. I noticed only subtle changes in the bathroom mirror over time, but I found that clothes were getting big on me... and I could actually fit in shirts I last wore when I was 12 years old. I felt more confident and free, able to actually leave the house without the impulse to constantly adjust my clothes and feel self-conscious about how I looked. It became a totally different world.

    This past month, I finally hit the 100's. (Went from 304.6 lbs on Jan. 1, 2019, to 194.2 lbs on Apr. 8, 2020.) My grandma once told me that once you go over 200 pounds, you can never come back. I love her, but she was incredibly wrong. Limiting beliefs seem so real until you shatter them.

    I want to say thank you to everyone who posts and comments here. You have changed my life, and the lives of people you'll never meet. Your advice and experience has provided a pathway for so many who felt like it couldn't happen for them. I'm indebted to you guys forever. And to everyone out there on your own journey, keep going! Power through the slowdowns and stay focused. Pay less attention to the weekly fluctuations, and know that the math is on your side. It's tempting to just assume that the weight will never come off, but realize that it's possible. And if you follow the advice here, it's probable.

    Thank you guys again for everything!

    submitted by /u/SeanRoberto
    [link] [comments]

    I stopped eating when I was full and turned a impromptu cheat day into a deficit.

    Posted: 18 May 2020 09:24 PM PDT

    I've been doing CICO but today at dinner I lost my cool for no reason and went for a higher calorie food and didn't measure anything. I was just eating unencumbered, and was just going to consider the day a wash. But for some reason as I ate, I got full, and decided to stop. I actually stopped eating a delicious meal because I was satiated. I was feeling really proud, but still afraid of the damage I had done. I asked my partner to count the calories cause I was too scared. My daily goal is 1300 and before dinner I had already had a big lunch at 660.

    My dinner was 550. 90 calories under!!! I was gobsmacked. I was completely within limit. I think this was the first time I have ever put down my fork with a food I love so much and I am someone who struggles to stop eating. I know this is such a small achievement, but I really hoping it's the start of something new! And secretly hoping I catch someone scrolling through the sub with a bag a chips (like I so often have 😂) and give them some inspiration (like so many of you often do 😊).

    submitted by /u/ItsFudgeStripes
    [link] [comments]

    10 months later and I’m 30 pounds down!!!

    Posted: 18 May 2020 04:36 PM PDT

    hi there !!

    my epic weight loss progress pic

    I've struggled sooooooo much with this. after my brother and mother died while I was in high school, I struggled a lot with suicidal thoughts. I attempted and was given the advice to eat every time I felt like I wanted to die... hence the massive weight gain lol.

    I also went whack with bulimia, different fad diets, etc . I didn't always lose the weight in a healthy way- but these last few months I've been working out and doing OMAD on and off.

    I'm happy to say I've found a lot of peace in my life. I understand that true beauty could never come from the outside. Our bodies are merely a vessel for our soul, personality, or whatever you feel you are.

    Beep beep meditation saved my life and really helped me throughout this journey.

    Okay anyways (: Here are my results!

    submitted by /u/minkmar
    [link] [comments]

    My dad noticed my weight loss FINALLY.

    Posted: 18 May 2020 04:26 PM PDT

    I don't know if it's cause I'm wearing my baggy a see thru (with a sports bra) hogwarts shirt, and shorts, but he pointed at my stomach today and was like "you've lost weight. I like that shit." (sn: my dad says I like that shit about a LOT of things. 😂) my dad also never thought I'd put in the work to lose weight, and he's not big into compliments and shit so this was a big step for him. His side of the family struggles with being overweight +. It made me pretty happy. Just wanted to share. He's noticed my progress. I mean I lost the weight in February - March and have sat here kinda. But I've not weighed this much since I was 21. ❤️

    submitted by /u/ShesCrafty7249
    [link] [comments]

    Track Everything, it will be okay.

    Posted: 18 May 2020 02:29 PM PDT

    Last week, I had a "perfect week" with my Apple Watch. I closed all three rings! I lost 2lbs. I was feeling amazing.

    Today, I felt like I was beginning to self sabotage, as I normally do and started snacking.... I had a few chips, 3 sour patch kids, a piece of beef jerky. Then I realized what I was doing. I logged everything I ate into MFP.

    Yes, my snacks today tallied at about 500 calories. But I am still going to be at a deficit after adjusting my dinner plans.

    Point is, when you feel like you are about to fall off the wagon or maybe you binged - track it. It will be okay. It's not too late to turn it around.

    Hoping for another "perfect" week!

    submitted by /u/sarah449
    [link] [comments]

    I’m an obese teen and I really need help.

    Posted: 18 May 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    I already know I'm probably going to sound stupid, but this is something I desperately need to get off my chest. I'm 5'9 and I weigh somewhere around 265 lbs. I'm only 16. I need help, I don't know what to do.

    I've felt terrible about myself since age 9. People used to bully me A LOT. I got the typical names, like whale and fatty. These insults caused me to stress eat. Ever since then, I've had the awful habit of eating whenever I'm stressed. The thing is, I'm stressed almost all the time. I hate myself so much, which makes me stress eat, which makes me hate myself even more. Every diet I try fails. Every time I exercise I feel so stupid and pathetic. I feel like I'm wasting my few years that I'm supposed to have fun!

    I'm sick of this. I'm finally admitting it, I need help. I don't want to continue in this cycle forever. I want to be beautiful! If anybody has any sort of advice or motivation, please leave it down below. Anything is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/sugarykraft
    [link] [comments]

    Couch Potato to Marathon in 1-Year - is it possible? ****** 5-month Update

    Posted: 18 May 2020 10:00 AM PDT

    Here is an update to my original post from 1/9

    https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/em9dtf/couch_potato_to_marathon_in_1year_is_it_possible/

    ​

    I took the advice of pretty much everyone and started the Couch to 5K program and ran a 5K on March 8th, and finished it in 33:36. I was trying to get in under 30 minutes, but I had a mild ankle sprain that slowed me down for a few weeks before the race. I had another race (5 miles) scheduled at the end of March but it was canceled due to Covid. I have continued training and am now running between 16-22 miles each week. My longest run so far has been 9-miles, and I have had several in the 8-9 mile range. I have maintained my 1500 calorie diet and currently my weight is bordering on 290lbs, which puts me at 120lbs lost since October.

    ​

    I signed up for 1/2 Marathon at the end of July, and a full Marathon in the middle of October. I am feeling great, and feel that I am way ahead of my training schedule. It was my goal to lose as much weight in the winter/spring as possible because getting miles in the heat of the summer is very difficult when you are severely overweight. I am planning on losing another 50lbs or so before tailoring back my diet and moving into a more of a maintenance diet.

    ​

    I have literally gone from wearing 4-5XL shirts to XLT in this timeframe. I am not sure if my frame will support going down further, but I was shocked when the XLTs fit! I still have a bit of loose skin, but its not as bad as I thought it would be. Overall I am feeling really good about my decision to get back in shape and believe I have set myself pretty well to get these Marathons under my belt and maintain my progress going forward!

    submitted by /u/jpeterson1
    [link] [comments]

    Don't comment on ny food choices people. (Rant)

    Posted: 18 May 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    Ok, so I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember.

    I hit 400 lbs, and lost 200 to get down to my goal weight (I'm 6 3).

    I hear non stop how unhealthy it is to restrict calories and lower food intake.

    Is it less healthy than staying 400 lbs?

    "Just exercise" they would say.

    Funny thing is, everyone that told me that is either rail thin or have always been morbidly obese and have no idea how weight loss occurs.

    It's math people, flat out. Daily intake - daily burn = net calories for the day, and if its negative, you lost for the day. 3500 calories per pound. Thats it.

    Exercise helps, but not as much as people think. A solid hour of walking burns about 200. Thats fine, but I'm cutting about 500 per day with my diet.

    Also, we'd go out to do something, and everyone would eyeball me and judge what I ordered. If I got something healthy I'd hear "come on, splurge a little" if I felt self conscious and ordered whatever greasy fatty cheese covered Americanized heart attack they ordered I'd hear "is that part of your diet?" or "are you sure that's healthy?"

    Fuck. I can't win.

    Here's an idea, let me take care of myself and don't comment on my weight or food choices, unless I'm in need of medical intervention.

    submitted by /u/PoopyMcpants
    [link] [comments]

    FINALLY HIT MY GOAL (140lbs lost) - After 11 months of hard work and Velveeta Fat Free Cheese

    Posted: 18 May 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    I did it!

    11 months of dedication and sticking to something that I KNEW was the right thing for me. It was hard, hard work, but I'm so glad that I took this into my own hands and didn't give up.

    June 15th of 2019 was the turning point for my life. I was miserable, depressed, angry at everything, and unhappy with my body. My wife and I had just gone through a terrible loss, and it devastated me to the point of peaking at 340lbs.

    I knew that I couldn't risk losing out on seeing my first born son grow up, and see how miserable I was and how miserable I was making my wife, I knew things had to change.

    So, I broke out MFP, found my TDEE, and dug in.

    Things started pretty quick. When you're 340lb, you have a lot to lose, and your body is glad to be rid of it. My BMI was over 42. Unreal.

    I was steadily losing weight just counting my calories. By the end of October, I knew that if I didn't want to alter my calories due to a lowering BMR, I'd have to start lifting and working out. I also knew that increasing my protein consumption was KEY, because it would keep my body from metabolizing my muscles.

    So, I upped my protein intake to 140gr a day and started lifting 3 days a week.

    The weight kept coming off. Holidays and cheat days came and went, but I kept my eye on the goal: 200lbs. I knew I could do it. I saw other people do it.

    I didn't let anything derail me. I refused to give up. Things were looking better. Clothes were falling off of me, belts were getting new holes, and my clothes budget was getting more and more lax.

    My wife and I became more intimate. I was able to actually move my body and play on the ground with my son. I was getting noticed more in public with more people actively being attracted to me.

    but more importantly, I was becoming more attracted to myself. This time last year, I hated myself. I hated my body, I had ZERO confidence, and I started to hate fat people, because I began to project my own inadequacies onto them. I didn't like who I became.

    But now... I actually like myself. Being able to wear clothes that fit my body in public has drastically changed my posture and my attitude toward myself.

    All that aside, I managed to hit my goal. A goal I would never have thought possible 4 years ago.

    I am now, officially under 200lbs.

    From 340lb to 199.3lb - June 15th 2019 to May 18th.

    Not only is that the lowest I have every weighed in my adult life (legit, from 18 to now, I have NEVER weighed less.), but it's the first time in my life I have ever been at a "Normal weight".

    My entire life I have either been severely overweight or obese. To the point of chest pains, back pain, sleeping issues, etc....

    No more. I'm done. I will never let myself get there again, and for the first time in a year.... I'm actually proud of myself.

    Sorry, for the really long ramble, I'm just really, really fucking proud.

    EDIT: I'm legit crying now, I can't handle it... Finally in ONEderland...

    I love you all, and the CONSTANT support and encouragement you've given me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    submitted by /u/Artist_X
    [link] [comments]

    The thought of changing my lifestyle terrifies me (but I'm ready to give this my best shot).

    Posted: 18 May 2020 09:15 PM PDT

    I'm a 36-year-old father of 2 (soon to be 3) who has been overweight basically since my freshman year of college. I eat too much, is the long and the short of it. I don't feel right unless I'm very full after a meal. I don't feel right if I don't get a snack before bed. I like to drink beer. I exercise fairly regularly and am in decent enough shape. I'm just heavy. I have high blood pressure. I have high cholesterol.

    I have about 45 extra lbs on my body, which I know is not close to what people on here have lost or gained or anything, but I'm at a point where I simply need to permanently lose some weight. I know that this means I need to change my relationship with food. I need to maintain a calorie deficit throughout the day. I need to eat less at meals. I need to stop thinking of food as a way to satisfy myself.

    This is scary for all the regular reasons; namely, I've tried this before and failed, I've given up, I always relapse, and I'm used to not really thinking I can do it. But the more I think about it, the more I think that, the person I need to be to be successful, the person who eats right and has a healthy relationship with food and stays active and thoughtful and intentional - I don't recognize that person. That's not me. I'm scared to change so much.

    That being said, so many people on this subreddit are so inspiring, and the method is so sound, that I know if I stick with it I can get where I need to be. I just need some guts and determination.

    This post doesn't have much of a point, other than for me to get some thoughts down that I've been thinking a lot. I'm starting to track tomorrow, and plan on following all of you people who have done so well and worked so hard and show myself and my wife that this is something I can do. Thanks everyone for making this such a welcoming, inspirational place.

    submitted by /u/chuckles84
    [link] [comments]

    I lost 5lbs and got into size 6 jeans... I am shocked!

    Posted: 18 May 2020 02:28 PM PDT

    I can't believe a 5lb loss makes a difference in me now.

    I bought these jeans a couple of months ago but only tried them on for the first time on 26th April, so 3 weeks ago. At the time they fit me in the sense that they buttoned up, but they were uncomfortable around the waist area. Uncomfortable to the point that I wouldn't be able to sit in them for long periods. Also created that dreaded overlap of fat as they pushed into my skin. So basically fit but didn't fit lol.

    So today I thought I would try them on again and... they fit perfectly!!! I have only lost 5lbs from the last time I tried them on (doubt I gained muscle as I am currently not strength training). I can wear them comfortably and idk I am just shocked that such a small loss makes that big of a difference on me now.

    FYI I am 5'4 and I started out at 250lbs and I am now 148lbs. Honestly, at the beginning it took a solid 20lbs for noticeable a difference in how my clothing fit. It's just super exciting to be at the stage when I can feel a difference with a smaller loss :)

    submitted by /u/Mia-F92
    [link] [comments]

    30 Day Accountability Challenge - Day 18

    Posted: 18 May 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    Hello losers,

    Monday gonna yarg.

    Weight by end of month (200 lbs, preferably trend weight): 206 this morning. Unnnngggg.

    Stay within calorie range (1500 ish): 1500 on the nose because a second slice of cheese needed to happen. 2/2 weeks weekly calorie average, minus maintenance Mondays.

    Exercise 5 days a week: 30 minute lunch walk is all she wrote today. 16/18 days.

    Self-care time (journaling, working on love journals, beauty treatments, drawing 0/18 days): I should try to be in bed early, we'll see.

    Try a new recipe once a week: Cowboy caviar, dry navy & black beans into plump & ready to cook beans in the freezer, 15 bean soup with ham & sweet roasted chickpeas with nuts so far. 3.5/5 weeks.

    50 pages of The Body Keeps the Score: Probably not tonight. 26/50 pages.

    No fast food, candy from the work dish or Starbucks: Check. 18 day streak no fast food, gift card only Starbucks, 3 candy related lapses in judgement. Used up the last of my Starbucks gift card & the urge to buy a chocolate croissant & cheese Danish then smash them together & eat them like a sandwich was immense. And this is why I'm careful around Starbucks kids.

    Listen to my effing body: Tired today.

    Be more mindful & express gratitude, avoid the hedonic treadmill: I'm disappointed by the scale even though I know better. I'm pushing through some real fuck it feelings because I too know better. We're in it to win it friends.

    Your turn!

    submitted by /u/Mountainlioness404d
    [link] [comments]

    My driver's license is no longer a lie!

    Posted: 18 May 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    I've always been overweight - when I was younger, my uncle even offered me $100 for every 10 pounds I lost - like a fool I didn't take him up. I should see if that's still valid... even though I'm a grown working woman now. (Sidenote- this was a one time mention, no one in my family ever fixated on my weight or tried to shame me into losing weight. They just tried to set good/better examples.)

    I don't know how much I weighed exactly at the age of 16 when filling out my license form, but I have the distinct recollection of "Oh, that's a high number... I should make it lower. No one will actually weigh me at the DMV."

    As usual, the photo turned out horrible and became part of the "guys - you won't believe how bad my photo is", or the "hey let's compare license photos while in line to get into the bar" game in college. I would normally hold my license out strategically, covering my weight- knowing that I was higher than the already high (but faked) number etched on the card.

    In the midst of the stay at home order- I decided (after 2 weeks of unabashed baking and carb cooking)- I have no social obligations, no friend dinners/ potlucks with amazing carb heavy, deep fried food, no excuse to go out and buy lunch because I'm working remote. There is no better time for me to take complete control of my food intake, which has always my weak spot.

    • I used my food scale to meticulously track all my calories and would play the game of "how much do I think this weighs" before placing it on my scale - both for boredom and as a way to really understand how much "100 grams" is - before I start having meals where I can't track everything via food scale.
    • I cut out all added sugar from my main meals, and began messing around in the kitchen with the challenge of "no sugar- what can I use to flavor instead?"
    • I purchased more naturally sweet items, such as dates and honey process coffee beans, which tend to be more "sweet" than normal coffee beans because of the roasting process.
    • I drink flavored water with lemon, mint and some frozen berries, OR mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with some cold sparkling water for a psuedo- kombucha. Takes some getting used to, but it kind of works.
    • I stopped watching Netflix/shows while eating, and will eat either with only music, or with nothing distracting me. It keeps me from simply shoving food down without recognizing that I'm eating a full meal. It also has lessened my desire to snack on something when watching shows / movies later on in the day.
    • I try to spend a bit of time plating my food in an appealing way. It makes me happy and keeps me from just diving in as well.

    I also established a daily Zoom work out with a friend - which sucked but has really given me more of a sense of routine now.

    I broke down and bought a (non food) scale (my first one ever- I normally would just weigh myself at my parents' house, or my friends' places - the last time I weighed myself was mid February, where I was in the mid 170s).

    My scale came and for the first time in over 10 years, I weigh LESS than the 160 pounds on my driver's license! It's not much less- I'm currently 158 but still! My license is no longer a lie! (Okay- the height may be a bit of a lie. I wrote I'm 5'2", but I MIGHT be 5'2.5" on a good day? Jury's still out on that...)

    Even though I still have a ways to go, I'm actually excited to have to change over to the RealID (thankfully the deadline has been extended) so I can update my information with a new (true) weight, and a new photo (hopefully one where I don't win every "who has the worst photo?" contest)

    Thanks, LoseIt- I've been on this subreddit almost every day to get motivated, just appreciating everyone's rants, joys, and tips. I know a lot of what I've accomplished so far is really because of my fortunate situation as a single, employed individual at this time, but hopefully this brings a bit of encouragement to whoever needs it as well.

    submitted by /u/notobsessedjustafan
    [link] [comments]

    I gained back 25lb in six months. Today is my reset day!

    Posted: 19 May 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    I finally built up the courage to weigh in for the first time in six months-ish (since around Christmas anyway). 240lb at 5'9". That's not good. My starting weight in January 2019 was 253lb though, so I'm really glad I checked in before I let myself get back to that point. I've noticed I'm becoming more breathless, more tired, my blood pressure is creeping back up (and I had managed to get it to a really good stage!)...

    My lowest weight was 215lb in December last year. Since then I've gone through a lot of stress (school, work, dating, seasonal depression, you name it...) and have put 25lb back on. I'd like to say that I'm shocked, but I can't. Nobody would be surprised to hear that baking two sugary cakes every single day leads to pretty rapid weight gain, especially when there's nobody else around to eat said cakes.

    I am obviously disappointed, but I don't feel disappointed in myself. I'm really relieved that I've managed to hit the brakes before reaching (or surpassing) my highest weight. So today is my reset day! I lost all the weight doing keto last time, so I think I'll try it again, or else the blood sugar diet. Walking (mostly uphill) for half an hour a day until the gyms reopen, and lots of yoga.

    In some ways, I'm quite grateful for this wake-up call. Who knows how I could have ended up without it.

    submitted by /u/AquaticDramatic
    [link] [comments]

    [Challenge] European Accountability Challenge: May 19th, 2020

    Posted: 18 May 2020 10:19 PM PDT

    Hi team Euro accountability, I hope you're all well!

    For anyone new who wants to join today, this is a daily post where you can track your goals, keep yourself accountable, get support and have a chat with friendly people at times that are convenient for European time zones. Check-in daily, weekly, or whatever works best for you. It's never the wrong time to join! Anyone and everyone are welcome! Tell us about yourself and let's continue supporting each other.

    Let us know how your day is going, or, if you're checking in early, how your yesterday went!

    Share your victories, rants, problems, NSVs, SVs, we are here!

    submitted by /u/visilliis
    [link] [comments]

    Need help dropping weight for boxing, any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Posted: 18 May 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    Okay so hey my name is Byron and I'm 15, and I've done boxing for around 4-5 months and now my coach said if I wanted to have my first amateur match I would have to drop to 140-145 lbs and I am currently 159 and I wanna make that happen. I currently hit the bag for 10 rounds a day (30 mins) and that's mainly it right now, due to the quarantine closing my gym down, but also I don't eat very healthy due to not really knowing what to eat other than the basic fruits and veggie stuff but also I sometimes eat out of pure boredom if quarantine which is something I don't even notice until it's too late. Also I'm trying to slim down my tummy as well so I could feel a lot more confident in my body and be able to feel proud of it! If anyone has any tips or advice or anything really to help me be able too loose the weight and get in shape again. I want to be able to comeback to the gym at 140 lbs. Any exercises, diets or anything really would be helpful! Also Thank you for taking the time to read this and help me in anyway, have a wonderful day!

    submitted by /u/LpbByron
    [link] [comments]

    I finally weigh less than my Husband!

    Posted: 18 May 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    Sometime in 2010 when my Husband and I began dating, we were visiting a friend and noticed they owned a scale. Because we didn't have one at home, we thought it'd be interesting to check our weights. By some random chance, we both weighed exactly 137.5 pounds. We even had our friend check their weight to make sure it wasn't just stuck (it wasn't). I'm 5'4, he's 5'10, so I had felt a little embarrassed. I said I've been trying to lose weight for years, he said he'd been trying to gain weight for years, we laughed about it and moved on.

    Fast forward 10 years, I had slowly gained more weight until I hit 150 (He happily hit 156). I unsuccessfully tried every diet/exercise plan out there, gaining and losing the same 10 pounds, never once going below 140. I always said jokingly to my Husband "When I weigh 137.4, I'll know the weight loss is finally working!". After my birthday in February, I decided I would just try being consistent, not perfect. This morning I weighed in at 137.4! I have a long way to go, but I finally feel like it could really happen for me.

    submitted by /u/CosmicJazzie
    [link] [comments]

    Onederland! It took me 20 years!

    Posted: 18 May 2020 06:26 AM PDT

    I cannot freaking believe I did it. Never in my adult life have I been here, not even in high school (when I was actually my heaviest at over 300 pounds). I'm especially giddy because I was a pound away from here when I was in my late twenties, but then grad school started and I gained a little weight, and then I moved and gained a little more, and then I had two kids and gained a LOT more. I've always been regretful about not hitting this goal back then just so I could say I was here once, even if for a single moment. And now I finally, finally have! This feels amazing!

    Next goal: getting down 10 pounds so I'm closer to being a healthy weight than to being obese, and goal after that: getting down another 10 pounds so I'm at a healthy weight :) It will probably take me another year (or three) at the rate I'm going, but I'm determined.

    submitted by /u/granolatarian0317
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking accountability partner for losing weight! (30f, CW/SW: 190, GW: 140)

    Posted: 18 May 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    Is anyone open to being my accountability partner where we check in with each other every day (or at least a couple times a week) to share our weigh-in updates and anything else on our minds as it relates to weight loss and fitness? I feel the unhealthiest I've ever been after this stay-at-home period the last few months and some rough personal stuff I've gone through in the last year. I would really like to disrupt the poor habits I've fallen into and get my life back on track. Having someone to check in with will force me to get in the habit of weighing myself, paying more attention to what I eat and how much I'm moving, and get me back on track. I'd love to support you too and reach our goal weights together. Please PM me if interested!

    submitted by /u/lolwhatismylifelol
    [link] [comments]

    Need help loosing weight as a young boxer, any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Posted: 18 May 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    Okay so hey my name is Byron and I'm 15, and I've done boxing for around 4-5 months and now my coach said if I wanted to have my first amateur match I would have to drop to 140-145 lbs and I am currently 159 and I wanna make that happen. I currently hit the bag for 10 rounds a day (30 mins) and that's mainly it right now, due to the quarantine closing my gym down, but also I don't eat very healthy due to not really knowing what to eat other than the basic fruits and veggie stuff but also I sometimes eat out of pure boredom if quarantine which is something I don't even notice until it's too late. Also I'm trying to slim down my tummy as well so I could feel a lot more confident in my body and be able to feel proud of it! If anyone has any tips or advice or anything really to help me be able too loose the weight and get in shape again. I want to be able to comeback to the gym at 140 lbs. Any exercises, diets or anything really would be helpful! Also Thank you for taking the time to read this and help me in anyway, have a wonderful day!

    submitted by /u/LpbByron
    [link] [comments]

    My journey so far - 20lbs gone, 30 to go.

    Posted: 18 May 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    I've been meaning to make a short post on my weight loss, so far. To give a bit of background though... I'm 5'10, male, and I'm in my late thirties. Until I was 30 I weighed 145-150lbs, pretty steady. I'm the guy who could eat anything and not gain a pound. Fast forward to age 30, I was having my first kid, working nights in a IT career, and eating all the time. Spaghetti 3 days a week, McDonald's breakfast, pizza... rinse and repeat. Within the year, I went from 150ish to 210lbs where I topped out, and I felt horrible. I went from a size 32 pant up to size 38 at one point.

    So over the years I've tried to lose it, but as we all know it's not simple. Many times I tried the 1000-1200 calorie diet, and I would lose 5-10lbs fast, but I could never stick with that diet. I don't think many can, I was just setting myself up for failure.
    Within the last 2 years, I've managed to hover around 190-195, but back in February got back up to 200. Then Covid happened, and feelings of anxiety kicked in huge, and my appetite died. I was at the time wearing size 36 chinos which I had just bought. Within weeks they were becoming loose, and within a month I needed a belt to hold them up. When I clued into the weight loss associated with the anxiety, I thought, ok, let's keep things going. This time however, I wanted to do things right, and the advice I truly believe in is, you need to stick with the diet you can follow for life.

    I know that's been my problem, and that's where I've failed so many times. I can't expect to crash diet and stick with it, it's too easy to fail, and too easy to give in to the hunger and temptations when giving up everything. What I needed to do was change what I was eating, but at the same time make sure I ate enough so that I wouldn't fall off.
    I also now recognize that giving up everything I enjoy eating is setting myself up for failure. I can still to eat what I love, but in very small moderation and more as a treat. Instead of eating a chocolate bar, as an example, I would be fine just having 1/4 to fill that sweet tooth.

    I was also huge Coke addict... no, not the powder, that sugar laced liquid dentists love so much. I could crush 2-3 cans a day, easy. But, I'm happy to report that I've given Coke up 100%. All pop for that matter. For the last 3 months I've stuck to water only, with the odd Diet Coke to fill the cravings which suffices just fine. Not even juice. Just water and the odd Diet Coke.

    So as of this morning, I am 179lbs, which feels great. I've been sticking to a 1500-1700 calorie diet as I feel it's an amount that I can stick with.

    So what do I eat?

    In the mornings I usually have Toast, the slices are 50 calories each. I use the "Its not really butter" and stick to the 2tbs=40c. I then add 1tbps of Kraft PB spread between both slices. It's 90c. It doesn't sound like much but it's more than enough and I haven't craved for more. I will also either have 2 hard boiled eggs or Maple Oatmeal with a about 100ml of milk. I've given up eating cereal for now although in the past I could also eat 2-4 bowls day.

    For lunch, or dinner I'll have plain breaded haddock, and for lunch or dinner I'll make something within a 250c meal, be it a Lean Cuisine dinner or something similar.

    With some healthy snacks, I'm either above or under my calorie goal. I also try to eat an apple every day, usually towards the night so that it keeps me fuller.

    I haven't starved myself from junk, once a week I may have a bowl of ice cream, I'll sneak in a few chocolates in every other day to fill the sweet tooth, and enjoy some salsa and tortillas. The key for me has been if I know I may be eating something unhealthy later, I'll make sure I leave room for it during the day.

    I'm still tweaking my diet, figuring out what I should and shouldn't eat. Besides the weight loss of now 20lbs in 3 months, I'm feeling so much better having given up Coke and most sugars.

    My end goal is 145-150, but this time I know I will and can get there. It's just figuring out what works and what is sustainable long term in terms of what I eat. If relatives come over and suggest burgers, or pizza etc, I'll skimp on the toppings, no cheese, and I still enjoy it. It's just compromising in the different areas in the diet.

    I don't really exercise, with kids and working full time in IT, 99% of my weight loss and focus has been on dieting and eating better.

    Also, I'm now in a size 34 chino (yes I love chinos) and even size 34 without a belt will slip right off my waste. Frustrating part though is the size 32 I bought are still too snug, so I guess that's something to really look forward to, getting back down to 32 pants again.

    Anyways, just wanted to share my experience so far. Excuse any typos, it's the keyboards fault.

    submitted by /u/darkmatter343
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling

    Posted: 18 May 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    I (22 F) have been obese my whole life. Currently am pushing 300lbs ( after gaining approx 30 pounds due to quarantine) at 5'2. I feel as if I sometimes have body dysmorphia. I know I'm far, but I'll think " ehh I could be fatter." I know this is totally unhealthy, and I do want to lose weight because I can actually feel my body struggling under this weight. I need help getting started. I slip up so much. I'll " due good" for a few days, but then emotionally eat which turns right back into my viscous cycle. What motivates you to stay on track? How do you cope with cravings? I want to lose weight in order to be healthy enough to have children.

    submitted by /u/kittycatastrophe16
    [link] [comments]

    Two Exciting Milestones

    Posted: 18 May 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    Today is incredibly special for multiple reasons for me.

    1. It's my and my husband's first wedding anniversary, which is incredible!
    2. More pertinent to this group, I've now lost just over 45 pounds since Jan 1 2020!

    I've struggled with my weight and my relationship with food for as long as I can remember. I was raised to never ever throw away food, and that I couldn't leave the table until my plate was clear. From a young age this gave me an incredible amount of food related anxiety. There's more to it than that but I want to focus on growth.

    This isn't the first time I've lost weight- I did so once in high school, and twice in college. But eventually I just gave up and tricked myself into blaming any number of reasons as to why my weight had climbed, and continued to climb.

    I weighed about 200 pounds when I got married last year. After our honeymoon I decided I wanted to look totally different by our first anniversary. Due to a sedentary but highly demanding job, I let my weight climb to 213 by Christmas 2019. This wasn't the different I had in mind! I left my job to pursue a different career, and my husband and I joined a gym.

    After a few weeks of discomfort I became familiar with the gym and developed a routine. I started making acquaintances and casual work out buddies. The weight started to come off. I found that working out inspired me to eat better, I didn't want to ruin my work out! I stopped going out to eat and started cooking more. I got a job working at the gym!

    When the gym closed I was terrified that the weight would come back, but it hasn't! The new habits and dedication I had developed have carried into quarantine. I walk at least 3 miles most days, and I do intermittent fasting and eat balanced meals. I'm now down to 167.4 lbs after many years of not being able to break below 200. I plan to keep going! My next goal is 140 lbs. I'm just so happy that it can be done!

    I still don't have a super model body, but I do look totally different than I did today last year. My husband has been a champion partner to me through this! I'm glad I was able to follow through.

    submitted by /u/jaxattax518
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble eating enough

    Posted: 19 May 2020 02:17 AM PDT

    So far, I've been on a diet for a week. I'm not trying specific diet since I want to maintain my goal weight once I've gotten there; all I've been doing is eating healthy meals and eating 1,200-1,500 calories a day. The problem is that I'm struggling to even eat more than 600 calories a day. My appetite is completely gone, and I can't even think about eating food, even if it is my favorite. I also don't want to lose rapidly so I can avoid extra skin, and I'm afraid that eating enough to maintain a lower weight without losing or gaining will be an issue. Anyone have suggestions on avoiding loose skin and dealing with a bad appetite?

    submitted by /u/Carabeech
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment