Weight loss: Almost a year, and 115 lbs down. |
- Almost a year, and 115 lbs down.
- Shame on anyone that hated on Adele for losing weight
- So, I've lost a whole coyote. What item/animal from the list have you lost? What are you aiming to lose?
- Down 30 lbs
- [NSV] I finally fit into a dress I bought 5 years ago!!
- Starting All Over Again
- 30 Day Accountability Challenge - Day 14
- [Challenge] European Accountability Challenge: May 15th, 2020
- Uncomfortable with my body after weight loss
- Day One
- A small mental victory
- How do you know when to stop?
- Food Epiphany!
- I hit my goal weight today! 106 lbs down in 14 months.
- What was your wake-up call? In need of motivation.
- LOST 11 KG IN HALF A YEAR
- Did a full 360... literally. Today’s the day.
- Lost 110lbs in a year. I’ve been just stuck for the last 6 months.
- Waiting until after I lose weight to date or starting now?
- Haven’t lost any weight in 2+ weeks, please help
- Inverted triangle shape?
- Week 2 update
- 5 lbs away from 1st goal weight... Gonna try the Insanity challenge? Lol
- SV/NSV Feats of the Day - Friday, 15 May 2020: Today, I conquered!
| Almost a year, and 115 lbs down. Posted: 14 May 2020 07:20 PM PDT Progress photos above. I started 6/13/19 at 368.5 lbs. Calorie counting, high protein, weight lifting, cardio, and redefining my relationship with food all played a part. I'm still not done yet, but I'm almost done with losing the weight, and then comes gaining more muscle. Once I get down to about 225, or 20% body fat, I will focus on building muscle and eating in a surplus of calories to do so. I didn't stick to a specific number with my calories, but rather based it on what I burned that day according to Fitbit. The more I burned, the more I could eat. I didn't cut out anything (like cookies, soda, pizza) but limited it and earned it via exercise. Did a little intermittent fasting, but it wasn't for me. Drank a lot of water. But I think the most important thing was being flexible with my calories. If I went over one day, I would just catch up the next day or two. I counted more on a weekly basis than just daily. I was gonna wait until June 13th of this year to post this, but I saw it was my cake day and appreciated the irony of celebrating cake day with a weight loss success story. A lot of reading on this subreddit helped, and so I'll gladly offer some advice on what worked for me to anyone who wants it. Edit: I'm 6'2" [link] [comments] |
| Shame on anyone that hated on Adele for losing weight Posted: 14 May 2020 02:07 PM PDT I was watching Joe Rogan's podcast and saw that a multitude of people (mainly women) were hating on Adele for losing weight. I just don't get it. Why would you hide behind your screen and criticize anyone for bettering themselves? This is just ridiculous. I can assure you she did it for her health and she has a kid. She probably wants to be in her kid's life for a while... She looks really good, like unrecognizable. She was beautiful before, too. But she seems to be very proud and confident of herself and she should for how far she's come. It looks to me like she lost a good 50 plus pounds. It just really irks me. I know it's out of jealously why people are angry. Like people were really hating on her and being so harsh for no reason... I know there is a reason people are jealous, but c'mon. Let the woman live her life and flaunt her newfound confidence. Losing weight is very hard as is and healthy weight loss should be celebrated to the maximum. What do you all think? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 14 May 2020 10:10 AM PDT EDIT: I am a doofus. The animal weights on the website I listed are on the website in kilograms, which I wrote as lbs. Oops! Thank you to those who have pointed it out! I've now removed the ones I know for sure I got wrong, let me know if I missed any. The animal weight list is still linked below in kgs for anyone who wants to take a look. I've kept the ones I could find listed in lbs though. Sometimes it's hard to visualise or put into context how much weight you've lost. So, here's a list! See what you've lost! :) Feel free to pick and choose depending on how you like the maths. For example, 1lb - a guinea pig 2lb - a pineapple 3lb - average human brain 4lb - an ostrich egg 5lbs - a chihuahua 6lbs - a human's skin 7lbs - average newborn baby (technically 7.5lbs) 8lbs - a human head 10lbs - Average 3 month old baby. or a maltese dog, or a medium sized bowling ball, or 1.25 gallons of milk 11lbs - an average house cat 12lbs - a bald eagle 13lbs - 197 roses 14lbs - 2032 tea bags 17lbs - a 96 liter Mojito, or 13 pairs of court shoes, or 5 Darth Vader masks 18lbs - a sperm whale's brain 20lbs- an average car tyre 21lbs - 48 vinyl records of Thriller 25lbs - an average 2 year old child (human) 30lbs - the amount of cheese an average American eats in a year 32lbs - 290 darts 33lbs - a cinder block 36lbs - a mid-sized microwave 37lbs - a baby polar bear at the gravity of the moon 40lbs - an average human leg 43lbs - 390 darts 44lbs - an elephant's heart 48lbs - 1088 sushis, or 38 basketballs 51lbs - a 2550 hour long cinema reel 52lbs - 42 basketballs 59lbs - 134 vinyl records of thriller 60lbs - an elephant's penis 61lbs - 354672 excited bees 65lbs - 20 Darth Vader masks 70lbs - an Irish Setter 77lbs - a gold brick 90lbs - a newborn calf 100lbs - a two-month-old horse 117lbs - an average 5'11" female fashion model 118lbs - the entire Encyclopedia Brittanica 130lbs - a newborn baby giraffe 220lbs - Chris Hemsworth as fit Thor 400lbs - a blue whale's heart. (Just put it here because I found it interesting!) I appreciate the list is not entirely comprehensive/inclusive, so here are some of the links to sites I used: http://www.weightandthings.com/index.php Weight and Things! :) Compares your weight to see what you weigh the same as. https://thewebsiteofeverything.com/animals/mammals/adult-weight.html A list of mammals in weight order THIS IS IN KG! That's why my list was so off! https://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3421351 https://www.bluebulbprojects.com/MeasureOfThings/results.php?comp=weight&unit=lbs&amt=14&sort=pr&p=1 Enjoy! :) [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 14 May 2020 08:23 PM PDT Most of my life I've been small. I'm 5'4, 37M. Partied a bunch in my 20s, relished in traveling the world and enjoyed foreign cuisine and bar hopping in places I often couldn't speak the language. Then I became a father. Then separated, then went through an ugly divorce. Stress and anxiety replaced my happy go lucky lifestyle and the weight kept piling on. In 2018 I weighed 167. Now I wasn't sedentary. I worked out and did some running here and there but my love for good beer and being a foodie caught up with me. Then I threw my back out and stopped being active. I went to physical therapy and a chiropractor who basically told me the only way to keep the back pain at bay was to strengthen it. Along with that revelation came a lifestyle change. I stopped smoking altogether and drinking so much beer (replaced with red wine). It wasn't until I started just strictly strength training that I started to see results. I then met someone who motivated me to be a better version of myself; physically, mentally and spiritually. We started going to the gym as often as we could and in a year I lost 25 lbs. I looked and felt great. I could play with my daughter without getting winded. My SO turned me onto MFP and I've lost another 5 lbs in just a couple of weeks. I'm 137 with a goal weight of 130 which I haven't weighed since I was in my early 20s. I'm basically counting calories and with the lock down running a few miles a week and lifting weights in my garage (thank God I bought a weight set before all this went down). The biggest contributing factor was doing compound lifts like deadlifts, squats, barbell rows, bench presses and pull ups. I didn't get big, but I don't want to. I like the way I look, just want to tone out a bit more. Plan on doing a virtual run event soon with my SO. [link] [comments] |
| [NSV] I finally fit into a dress I bought 5 years ago!! Posted: 14 May 2020 08:35 AM PDT Let me start off by telling you guys a little bit about my journey: I've been in constant battle with my weight, always losing well for 3-6 months, and then an occasion comes around and i get off the wagon and regain the amount I've lost, hovering at a max of around 79-80 kgs for another 3-6 months. Usually I'd get hit by reality and realise how I have to lose weight and the cycle restarts itself all over again. This has been going on for as long as I remember since my teen years, I'm turning 27 this year, so you can imagine my frustration and my discouragement every time. The lowest I usually get is around 67kg, before something comes up and I screw my progress and revert back to my old ways. So since Nov of 2019, I've been trying to lose weight for my wedding, and I did manage to go from 79kgs down to 69kgs by the time I got married. But then the honeymoon came around and I lost my progress again, but i only regained like 2-3kgs. Only since March this year did I start focus on my weight loss again and it's obvious on the scale, there seems to be good progress. But lately, these past few days I have been feeling quite down and feel as though my progress is being screwed again, despite the scale showing that my weight has not risen. Plus my eating habits have been in check so there is no reason for me to believe that I'm losing control again, right? WRONG. My mind keeps telling me I'm gonna screw up, and I feel scared that I'm about to go back into the same cycle. So this morning, I decided to dig up some old dresses I bought 5 years ago that I never really wore. This dress in particular was a little tight around the belly, which I somehow still decided to buy it back then despite the tightness (maybe my self confidence was higher 5 years ago than it was today). And would you know, the tightness around the belly is no more!! The fabric around my wait was loose, and my rolls aren't poking out as they would when I first wore them. Now this made me even more pumped up and determined to get to my goal. And I'm just writing this to tell you guys that sometimes, you just need other methods to measure your progress, be it pictures, measurements or even just trying on some clothes to see how they fit. We can do this! Just don't give up and keep on going. Since my country has had me indoors due to lockdown, I am mostly doing home exercises with weights and resistance bands. Also since it's the fasting month for me, I've basically been doing OMAD for a month. But after I'll probably continue with 18:6 IF. I hope this post helps any of you out there who may need a little bit of inspiration, or just want a story to read in these trying times. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 14 May 2020 02:23 PM PDT Posting here before I make my husband and friends crazy with talking about my weight loss plans, goals and progress. 🤷🏻♀️ I decided to start my weight loss journey yet again on Monday, May 11. Somehow I lost 5.5 lbs since Monday, May 11. I think it's partly from increased water intake (80-100 oz), but primarily I think it was due to slashing my calories in half by counting calories BEFORE eating (big mistake for me to count afterward the first two days, that was eye opening!). I know that this rate will slow down drastically once my body gets use to the new normal...but here's to hoping my will power sticks around. Anyway, my first goal was to lose 26.6 pounds, only 21.1 to go. 🤞🏼 [link] [comments] |
| 30 Day Accountability Challenge - Day 14 Posted: 14 May 2020 05:26 PM PDT Hello losers, We're almost to Friday! Weight by end of month (200 lbs, preferably trend weight): 205.2 this morning. Fingers crossed for a whoosh. Stay within calorie range (1500 ish): 1565 planned. 1/1 weeks weekly calorie average, minus maintenance Mondays. Exercise 5 days a week: 30 minute lunch walk & 30 minute HIIT. 13/14 days. Self-care time (journaling, working on love journals, beauty treatments, drawing 0/14 days): Reviewing my personal budget & eyeing up more skin/hair care products. Try a new recipe once a week: I'm eyeballing a cowboy caviar recipe & will be making dry beans into ready to roll cooked beans this weekend. 15 bean soup with ham & sweet roasted chickpeas with nuts so far. 2/5 weeks. 50 pages of The Body Keeps the Score: Probably not tonight. 10/50 pages. No fast food, candy from the work dish or Starbucks: Check. 14 day streak no fast food, gift card only Starbucks, 2 candy related lapses in judgement. Listen to my effing body: I think whether I hit the weight goal I set or not that I'm going to start running next month. Body feels ready & I hate to ignore that kind of feedback. Be more mindful & express gratitude, avoid the hedonic treadmill: I've been thinking about the direction I would like my career to be moving toward. I've changed my mind on a couple things & have taken some baby steps in the direction I would like to go in. I'm grateful for the opportunity to think those over & the option to change course a bit. How are you all doing? [link] [comments] |
| [Challenge] European Accountability Challenge: May 15th, 2020 Posted: 14 May 2020 10:59 PM PDT Hi team Euro accountability, I hope you're all well! For anyone new who wants to join today, this is a daily post where you can track your goals, keep yourself accountable, get support and have a chat with friendly people at times that are convenient for European time zones. Check-in daily, weekly, or whatever works best for you. It's never the wrong time to join! Anyone and everyone are welcome! Tell us about yourself and let's continue supporting each other. Let us know how your day is going, or, if you're checking in early, how your yesterday went! Share your victories, rants, problems, NSVs, SVs, we are here! [link] [comments] |
| Uncomfortable with my body after weight loss Posted: 14 May 2020 07:52 AM PDT This isn't a post about stretch marks or anything like that. I'm about 25lbs now away from my ideal weight, I've lost about 126lbs now; on a 4'11 frame that's a lot. Now I can feel my bones in my wrists and my face looks really different and I don't like it anymore. I just feel uncomfortable. I know I'm healthier and I don't want my body to go back to the old way but it's still very psychologically shocking to me to notice some aspects of how my body is now and I don't know why I'm so disturbed by it. It feels like it happened overnight, too, even though it's been gradual. I'm just starting to notice it now. Anyone else had this experience? What is this?? What do I do? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 14 May 2020 01:26 PM PDT Day one for me. Pregnancy left me 35 pounds heavier than I was before, and I gained 10 pounds before that because I got married and comfortable and my husband lost his mother, so we ate all the comfort foods. Basically I'm 45 pounds heavier than my marriage weight and want to lose 60. Yesterday I cleaned out all the clothes that I have grown out of, and it was five trash bags full. Five. My wardrobe has been reduced by over half. I've only been married two years. Major wake up call. Something has to change. But this isn't about feeling pretty, or stretch marks, or bigger jeans, or my suddenly-reduced clothing options. This is about having energy to chase baby #1 and being healthier for baby #2 (whenever that happens) and whatever comes after that. This is about finally feeling healthy, and being comfortable in my own skin. This is about confidence that I can actually stick to something long term. So starting today, I'm counting calories to get a handle on how much I'm eating and focusing on nutrient-dense foods....using what my mom always calls "common sense". So— Starting weight: 210 Goal weight: 150 I just needed to tell someone. Maybe it will help me stick to it this time. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 14 May 2020 04:59 AM PDT I've been exercising daily and eating healthy with measured portion sizes for about a week now. When I stepped on the scale this morning, somehow it read another pound up rather than down. Instead of getting depressed about it and feeling angry with myself and letting it ruin my day, I got dressed and went to work, and instead of getting a sugary calorie bomb at Starbucks, I got an iced black coffee with almond milk. I was tempted to get a cheese danish and a sweet cream cold brew (what I usually get) because I knew it would make me feel better, that it would taste good. But then I thought, "if I want that number to actually go down, I can't think like that". I realized I needed to start thinking that eating in response to emotions like that would only give me temporary happiness. For long term health, I need to face myself and stop letting my emotions control my food choices. And so here I am on my way to work with my iced coffee, a little under 20 calories and absolutely delicious. I feel like a winner, and eventually the scale will reflect that too. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 14 May 2020 02:46 PM PDT Hey everyone. I started my weight loss journey 7 months ago at 233lbs. I'm 6'2" 20 year old male. I'm now down to 164lbs, which means I've lost 69lbs in that time period. My initial goal weight was 200, once I reached that mark and still wasn't happy with how I looked I set 185 as my next goal. As I reached 185 I was still not happy and set 170 as the next goal. I'm now at 164 lbs and still losing weight at a rate of 4 pounds a week. I'm still not happy with how I look, and over the last few months I've been overly obsessed with my appearance. People tell me I'm too skinny, but I don't feel much different from when I was 200 lbs. I barely eat. Some days I eat 600 calories a day, others I don't eat at all. I'm starting to acknowledge that I might have an eating disorder, but in the back of my mind I still feel like I have things under control and I'll stop losing once I'm happy with how I look. Should I see someone about this or is this a normal thing people go through while losing weight? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 14 May 2020 02:11 PM PDT TLDR: Feeling like certain foods are off-limits creates an artificial scarcity of them in your mind, causing you to binge on them when they're around, when in reality they're always available and there's no actual need to gorge your gob on 'em. So, been overweight forever, never had a normal relationship with food (which is still kind of a weird sentence to me, but I digress), etc etc. I've been living with 3 "naturally thin" housemates over the past two years and observing their food habits has been really interesting. Living with them combined with consuming certain types of media recently has led to me to some realizations. First of all, I think I sub-consciously resented my housemates for being able to "eat anything" and not get fat. I resented their ability to "control themselves" around certain foods. I resented their lack of guilt when they ate "junk" food. Essentially, my bad place with food made their behaviors completely alien and unintelligible to me, and I hated not understanding. I had not a feckin' clue how someone with such a chill attitude could maintain a thin weight. Those concepts were mutually exclusive in my mind. I recently realized that their chill attitude IS what allows them to maintain a thinner weight (among the obvious disclaimers, such as genetics, etc). Because they don't assign moral value (good/bad, guilt-free, etc) to different foods, the stakes aren't as high every time they sit down for a meal. Meals aren't anxiety-ridden. They don't think about how they have to "make up" for their "bad decisions." I realized that turning every single bite of food into a high-stakes moral judgement about my character and lack of discipline was emotionally exhausting, and honestly, STRAIGHT-UP impossible to abide by. No wonder people give up entirely, unable to stick to these extreme moral standards. It's that terrible, pervasive, unkind all-or-nothing attitude towards oneself that doesn't allow for imperfection or room for growth. Also, telling yourself you can't eat something causes an artificial scarcity of it in your mind, when it is in fact plentiful and easy to attain. When these concepts collide, it's a recipe for binging and feeling horrible about yourself. I was reading a blog post by this dietitian who had recently moved in with her aunt. Her aunt kept a metric fuckton of ice cream in the house at all times. The dietitian, who had been restricting herself from ice cream, could not cope with the massive quantities of ice cream around her and started binging on it. In her mind, ice cream was scarce, and she had to eat as much of it as possible before it went away. But lo and behold, the ice cream kept replenishing. Over time, she noticed that her trips to the freezer for ice cream started to diminish in frequency, because she realized..........there is no scarcity of ice cream! Eating all of it all the time is impossible! It was all in her mind. I've also been thinking a lot about how the diet industry encourages you to not trust yourself. They thrive and profit off of you needing external information, such as your weight, calorie counts, etc, to tell yourself what to do. They basically are telling you, you can't trust your own body! Your body will betray you and your mind will make you want to binge! While that is certainly true for people with food addiction, I can't help but feel like the diet industry is helping to perpetuate and internalize these ideas in people, when in reality, you CAN trust yourself to stop eating when you need to stop eating! It's okay! All of this to say, it may seem like you need to punish yourself for "being fat" and that you don't deserve to eat things that taste good or eat things that other people "can" eat. This is all a lie. Be kind to yourself! Allow yourself to "slip up"! You're a fuckin human being! Let yourself EAT SOME FUCKIN ICE CREAM, enjoy it without guilt, and then move on! [link] [comments] |
| I hit my goal weight today! 106 lbs down in 14 months. Posted: 15 May 2020 02:46 AM PDT Really sorry but I don't particularly want to share pics of myself on Reddit. Today I hit 80kg / 176lbs. That means I've now lost 48.4kg / 106lbs! I don't have a load to share about this unless people are really interested. I did CICO for the first 25kg, cutting as much sugar as possible, and cutting out beer and wine. Since new year, I added 5/6 days a week of intense exercise, and made conscious efforts to eat more protein and fewer carbs. I barely drink any more, and when I do it's a neat whisky. I also stopped smoking so much weed since I lose all self control around snacks when I smoke. There's not much more to say, but I'm proud as hell! [link] [comments] |
| What was your wake-up call? In need of motivation. Posted: 14 May 2020 06:44 PM PDT What was the one thing, the moment, or event, that made you finally say "enough is enough!" and you decided to start losing weight? I thought I had my moment a few weeks ago when I went in to the ER for chest pain. I started counting calories, and eating healthier. But after 3 weeks I hadn't really lost any weight, and I found out my chest pain was probably esophagus spasms, I quickly lost motivation. Now I am disheartened again and even heavier than when I started. I want to WANT to try, but I'm so tired of the battle. It doesn't seem fair. It seems like the more strict I am, the more I rebel. I know I need to do this to save my life, and I know i will, but it's just getting started and sticking to it that is hard. I feel so defeated, I have started a new "healthy lifestyle journey" like every month. I'm starting to not trust myself anymore with commitments. I need help. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 14 May 2020 01:12 PM PDT original weight: 70kg current weight: 59 kg height: 160cm lifestyle: business / engineering student so I have to sit a lot Not sure if it's an achievement or not coz 6 months is quite a long period of time. So basically I: -reduce my portion (not encouraging you to do it but just wanna let you know i'm on a 900 kcal diet, I'm pretty short and I dont move much, plus I dont have any headaches or faintness, I'm doing fine) -try to incorporate workout in my everyday life (see I wrote tried so I didn't do much I do like a Chloe Ting vid every month or so - yea just one workout a month lmao) -walk more : I'm now living in a small town so I like walking down the alleys and streets and I usually walk 15000 steps twice every week -force myself to go wash the dishes immediately after I finish eating so I would be standing up and that allows my body to digest food quicker (I think) -I adopted the habit of standing up while eating, with the aforementioned reason -eat cleaner (ate loads of sweet potatoes, bananas, apples) -drink cleaner (VERY IMPORTANT! I used to drink coffee / fraps / bubble tea like twice a day so this really helps cut down the sugar intake. I know since theres a quarantine everyone drinks that 1000 darunga ??? coffee??? sorry can't spell but nooo you wouldnt wanna do that on your diet) -sit up / stand up straight (use your back and core muscles) -get enough sleep (really important but I guess y'all know this) -on a diet and feel hungry: I try to drink a lot of tea / water with chia seeds first, if I'm really hungry I'll go eat some baby carrots, and if that still doesn't help, I will cook some chicken breast -try to move around more in the house -if I have to work while eating, I'll put my computer somewhere on my tall shelf and stand up (and eat) I'll update you if I remember anything else. But for now my journey still isnt over, it's just started. My goal is 47kg (oh don't worry I'm an asian so my bone structure is more petite(? it should be fine for me). Apart from sharing my experiences, could you guys tell me how I can continue to slim down and maintain the weight? Actually slimming down isn't that hard as long as I get the calories and diet right but maintaining the finished figure is a bit demanding. Could you perhaps share some tips? Thank you for reading. If you want me to continue to post updates about my weight loss journey, please comment down below. Thanks again:) Have a nice day [link] [comments] |
| Did a full 360... literally. Today’s the day. Posted: 15 May 2020 02:03 AM PDT This is just going to be me, writing out my history and my future plans so it's set in stone. If you don't care, you can stop reading. Also, typing this at 4:50 am with 0 hours of sleep on an iPhone so excuse the format/typos/grammar. I was fat my entire life. I was born a 10 lb baby, and lets just say the weight only ever added up. When I turned 15, I started dating a girl, and she truly made me want to become the best version of myself. I was at 220 pounds, probably 5'8. The ideal "best version" of myself at the time was being skinny, and so I started on that. I started doing this program on youtube, "Mil Hoy 90 Day Fitness Journey." It was basically a 90 high intensity interval training workout. After the first week, and seeing the difference I had gotten obsessed with the results. All i'd eat was whole wheat pasta, with somewhat seasoned chicken. I had a basic meal, so that I couldn't really break off from the normal. I made everything in a timely basis. Fast forward 3 months, i went from 220lb , to 140lbs. After the MilHoy workout, u decided to try p90x. As i progressed further into my journey, I became skinny, of course being 5'8" and being 140lbs. However I never felt skinny, until one day I needed to buy a suit, and the lady at Express said I would need an Extra Small shirt instead of a medium/large. I felt so excited! For the first time, I was fitting into extra small clothing! (I'm not really a shopper, I stick to the same clothes.) And I felt a little great about myself, and decided to try on a tank top for the first time ever. I snapped a picture and sent it to my gf at the time. And she made me truly realize how skinny I had gotten. I expected her to be happy for me, but instead she was genuinely worried. She said my arms and shoulders looked so skinny. I didn't get offended at all, but it made me realize what happened. I went too far. So instead of continuing with HIIT (atm i was doing p90x videos), I started researching gym workouts, and bulking. Somewhere in the future, my gf and I broke up. She ended up basically scarring me from emotional trauma from cheating on me with my ex best friend of 6 years. It seemed like I had lost all this weight, for nothing. Now, with no gf, and no bestfriend, I had nothing to do. So I got involved in the gym. My obsession was instant, and unhealthily. I didn't realize it at the time, but I was only inlove with the gym as it gave me time to not think of my gf/best friend. Two years went by, and I stayed single, and basically on my own. i was obsessed with powerlifting, and was at the best physique in my life. I had muscles, i had a chest, my thighs were really built. I loved seeing the striations in them whenever I flexed. At this point I was 17. Eventually I met another girl. She's great, really. She made me happy. And, as I became happy, my love for the gym started fading. I didn't want to admit it at first, but I had no desire anymore for the gym. I blamed it on getting a job, or being busy with schoolwork, but deep down I knew why. For the next three years, i kept going to the gym on and off. Until i just stopped going at all. And now, I'm 20. 5'11. I'm still dating my girlfriend from when I was 17, but I'm back at 220 lbs. I feel like shit. I don't know how I got myself to this point again. I knew I had gained weight, but I never realized I was back at 220lbs! My plan now is to start another HIIT workout series, maybe for 90 days. Once I start getting my cardiovascular system up from that, I'll join the gym again. I'm just astounded at how i started at 220 pounds, lost weight, gained muscle, lost muscle, gained fat and am now back at 220 pounds! All within 5 years! Time to take life back into my own hands. [link] [comments] |
| Lost 110lbs in a year. I’ve been just stuck for the last 6 months. Posted: 14 May 2020 10:11 PM PDT Last six months I have yo-yoed between 195lbs and 185lbs. My goal is 165lbs. I came this far. I lost 110lbs. Yet these last 20lbs are absolute torture!!! I'm finding I'm doing great during the week and then losing all progress over the "weekend" (usually letting the weekend overflow into Monday or Tuesday even). It's so much harder to lose weight when you get thinner, yes, but god damn I cant believe how hard it is to get below 180lbs and how easily I'm giving myself excuses because "at least I'm not gaining". I am currently 191lbs and I am going to be 165lb by the end of this summer. Enough putting it off. Enough giving myself excuses. Enough letting other people give me excuses. I gotta get it done. Through this whole journey I've tried to always look at why I'm failing/what's stopping me. In this case I truly think I'm scared to be done with weight loss. I'm scared I won't be satisfied not seeing the number go down anymore. I'm scared I'll still be unhappy with my body when I hit my goal(almost a guarantee on this one actually). I'm scared that when I hit that number, I'll somehow lose all focus and go back to being 300lbs. I think another factor is so many people have told me I don't need to lose more weight and I might look "too skinny if I do". I let this be an excuse. Sure, I'm fine the way I am. But I'm not meeting a goal I have. A goal that's a achievable and I really want to do it. Anyone else struggle at the tail end? Any mental tips to push through? [link] [comments] |
| Waiting until after I lose weight to date or starting now? Posted: 14 May 2020 08:57 PM PDT Idk if this is the right place for this, but it's where I feel most comfortable posting it lol. I'm 22 311 pounds and 5'7. I did very casual and immature teenager dating when I was like 16/17 and I've had a few minor "dates" during my freshman year of college and beyond that I have no experience dating. I'm super insecure about my body to the point I wear long sleeve clothing 99% of the time regardless of the weather. I've pretty much told myself I'll date and wear what I want when I am skinny. Unfortunately for me I didn't give a real shot at losing weight until now so I've basically been single forever and I'm not really living my life. My goal weight is 150 give or take 10lbs and I know I'll need loose skin surgery afterwards which I'm already saving for. However this entire process will likely take several years and I don't want to be 25/26 and just getting into dating and living my life. For what it's worth and at the risk of sounding like a dick I guess I have a pretty face and I've gotten matches on dating sites and asked out (not a ton but to a point I guess) however I've never went through with it because I'm just so insecure about them seeing my body. Any advice on what I should do? Should I wait a few months until more of the weight is off which I feel like will help maybe? I have a ton of stretch marks, loose skin, cellulite, etc so I just don't feel like I'd be comfortable with someone seeing me, but I don't want to wait years before I actually try to live my life?? [link] [comments] |
| Haven’t lost any weight in 2+ weeks, please help Posted: 14 May 2020 11:37 PM PDT Hello! I've been doing CICO for about 2.5 months now. I've been usually eating around 1200-1300 calories a day. I've lost around ~18 lbs. I was losing around 1-2 lbs steadily each week until the end of April. 😭 since I hit a definite plateau, I decided to start doing IF about 10 days ago (16:8) and I went from 158.8 (my stalling weight) to 157.2. My weight has been fluctuating a ton (4 lbs +-) since then. I've felt super bloated and weighed down for some reason. I'm hoping it's my period but I'm also late on that too 😪 I'm getting so frustrated and sad. My goal weight is 145-150 lbs! I started at 186 in October and I'm getting pretty miserable doing IF + CICO if I'm getting 0 results. I also do 3 apple cider vinegar drinks a day (just 1 tbsp of bragg's ACV and 10 oz of water). I like my diet and I don't feel bad overall but it really sucks meal prepping, counting calories, fasting, etc. if the scale is not budging. What should I do? ☹️ 23F 5' 10" SW: 186 CW: 157.2 GW: 145 [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 14 May 2020 11:24 PM PDT I'm (F21) wondering if any of you guys have the same problem I do—I'm basically shaped like Gru from Despicable Me, and I don't know how to fix it up. I'm 5'3, 119 pounds, and I have a thigh gap but my midsection area is HUGE. I'm talking 27in waist, 34in hips, and 18in thighs. I accumulate all my fat in my midsection, and can only seem to lose from my legs. Ten pounds ago, I was at a 27in waist and a 36in hips. I run 4x a week, and core exercises 2x a week. At this point i'm scared to lose more weight because I don't want to look like a chicken drumstick, you know? if anybody has recommendations on how to lose fat from my midsection (i know you can't target weight loss) please let me know! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 14 May 2020 04:17 PM PDT I have been trying to hold myself accountable on here in my journey to lose the last 10 pounds. This last week I was having my time of the month, and could feel how hungry and cravey I was, so I decided to let myself eat above 1200, and more than one of the day's, at maintenance but I maintained strict counting. Despite this I weighed in this morning at 132.8. A pound down from last week which is not what I was expecting to see at all. I have lost about 2 and 1/2 pounds in 2 weeks, which is the progress I was hoping to make. My goal is 125 and I was at about 134.8 to 135.6 when I started two weeks ago. Here's to hoping I see another pound lost next week!! If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!! I was 211 pounds when I started my journey originally and maintained for about a year at 135ish. [link] [comments] |
| 5 lbs away from 1st goal weight... Gonna try the Insanity challenge? Lol Posted: 14 May 2020 07:33 PM PDT F/22/5'3" SW:193 CW: 155 GW1: 150 UGW: 130 lbs So I'm very nearly to 40 lbs down, and I can smell my first goal weight. Only problem is... I'M BORED OF MY USUAL AT HOME WORK OUTS lol My boyfriend and I decided to try the Insanity series to ride out the quarantine (hopefully). We'll be starting Monday, and I'll be taking weekly measurements to see if we can manage to put on some muscle in this house. We'll be sticking with my same diet plan.... Because it's delicious and already high protein and low calorie. Let's see if this will get me closer to my ultimate goal of 130 lbs and 20-24% body fat. -Side Note: I don't think I've mentioned my boyfriend here before, but he's the best. As soon as I started getting serious about losing weight/getting fit, he was right on board with me. He loves letting me try new healthy recipes or work out plans. We even have a slight rivalry going on through Fitbit lol -Bonus Pic: Here's the motivation/accountability sheet I made for us (can you tell I'm bored stuck inside?) http://imgur.com/a/kjrr47O [link] [comments] |
| SV/NSV Feats of the Day - Friday, 15 May 2020: Today, I conquered! Posted: 15 May 2020 01:09 AM PDT The habit of persistence is the habit of victory!Celebrating something great? Scale Victory, Non-Scale Victory, Progress, Milestones -- this is the place! Big or small, long or short, please post here and help us focus all of today's awesomeness into an inspiring and informative mega-dose of greatness! (Details are appreciated!! How are you losing your weight?)
Post it here! This is the new, improved place for recording your acts of awesomeness! Due to space limitations, this may be an announcement (sticky) only occasionally. Please find it daily and keep it the hottest thing on /r/loseit! On reddit your vote means, "I found this interesting!" Help us make this daily post the most read, most used, most interesting post on /r/loseit by reading, commenting, and participating often! [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from loseit - Lose the Fat. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
No comments:
Post a Comment