• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 19, 2020

    Bodyweight Fitness: BWF Daily Discussion and Beginner/RR Questions Thread for 2020-05-19

    Bodyweight Fitness: BWF Daily Discussion and Beginner/RR Questions Thread for 2020-05-19


    BWF Daily Discussion and Beginner/RR Questions Thread for 2020-05-19

    Posted: 18 May 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    Welcome to the /r/bodyweightfitness daily discussion thread!

    • Feel free to post beginner questions or just about anything that's on your mind related to fitness!

    Reminders:

    • Read the FAQ as your question may be answered there already.
    • If you're unsure how to start training, check out our Recommended Routine, or our more skills based routine: Move.
    • Even though the rules are relaxed here, asking for medical advice is still not allowed.

    For your reference we also have these weekly threads:

    Join our live conversations on Discord! We're also on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

    If you'd like to look at previous Discussion threads, click here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Iron cross pressure on joint

    Posted: 19 May 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    So when i doing iron cross with false grip sometimes ill feel pressure on my joint but sometimes it doesnt .is my arm bending slightly thats why i cant feel it? i cant really check it, so im asking is anyone here have or does not have pressure on joint when doing iron cross?

    submitted by /u/KhaiYuen69
    [link] [comments]

    Overtimeathletes Athletic Calisthenics

    Posted: 19 May 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    What equipment would I need for this program?

    submitted by /u/gwcoop72
    [link] [comments]

    6 day rings split?

    Posted: 19 May 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    I have transitioned from powerlifting about a month ago and now am running a six day split - push/pull/legs/rest/push/pull/legs. Eating clean. So far I am feeling great - rings are the best! - and making steady progress, but as at least some of this progress can be attributed to me just perfecting the form and getting accustomed to the instability, I am somewhat worried that I might be overburdening my muscles.

    Anyone else who has done similar split? What's your experience?

    submitted by /u/tiganibabangnida
    [link] [comments]

    Is alcohol really that bad for gains as people make it out to be?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    i knew quite a few party people in college that are pretty much athletes, but i knew a few of them that were pretty fit and still had six pack abs despite on some days of the week they would be drinking tons and tons of alcohol, maybe a few of them everyday at one point for like a week or two. now i know it's could probably be bad for your health drinking a lot, especially everyday, but is it that bad in terms of gaining muscle mass or even losing fat? as long as you're still training and getting your calories in (bulking or cutting wise). btw these arent people that just drink to get a buzz or whatnot, some of them actually go all out and just drink til they get fucked up. what's the take on this?

    submitted by /u/kalphah
    [link] [comments]

    Training Tuesday - Post Your Routine for 2020-05-19

    Posted: 18 May 2020 11:05 PM PDT

    Training Tuesday! Post the full details of your routine and the progress you've made over the past week. Include as much detail as possible.

    All the past Training Tuesdays

    If you are posting an update from last week's thread (please do!), please link your old post.

    Copy the comment's address by right clicking the "Permalink" under your comment and clicking "Copy Link Address/Location" or similar, depending on your browser.

    Then include this in your post:

    [Last week's post](http://link.goes/here) 

    Include these sorts of details:

    (Gender, Age, Height, Weight [kg/lbs please])

    Goal: Vague or specific (get bigger? Or master a planche by December?)

    Routine: Include what progress you've made this week. Extra reps? Longer hold? New progression?

    Diet/Mood/Energy/Anything else relevant to your training:

    Questions: Request any feedback you'd like on your routine.

    Highlight the improvements you have made in your routine, since last week and include any videos or photos that are relevant.

    All top comments must be routine posts.

    Join our live chatroom on Discord! We're also on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ring routines/complexes

    Posted: 18 May 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    Hi all. I've been training with rings for just under a year now, and I'm considering moving from a 4-day push/pull split to a 3-day routine primarily focused on ring complexes. I realize you can pair almost anything together, and I'm curious to hear other people's experiences with them or what ones they've done in the past. Here's one of my ideas:

    Muscle up to RTO support -> Advanced Tuck Ice cream maker x3 -> Adv Tuck FL 5sec hold -> Inverted Pull Up x3 -> German hang 5s -> Advanced Tuck BL 5s -> pullout to hang

    I'd do 3-5 sets with 2-3 minutes of rest in between each complex, in addition to legs and core. Does anyone have experience with similar workouts? Did you see strength or hypertrophy improvements? Any recommendations or pointers are helpful.

    submitted by /u/conchetler
    [link] [comments]

    Does the size of your hands afect in your performance?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    I been practicing calisthenics for like, almost 3 years and i would consider that grip (ironically) is not one of my strenghts. Also recently i watched a vídeo where they talk about this in deathlifting and i wondered if it was the same in calisthenics. Often people says that my hands look like woman's hands, so i think my hands are not that big. Do anyone has a tip or recomendation?

    submitted by /u/-Acolhua-
    [link] [comments]

    Should you be doing warmups for simple bodyweight exercises?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 04:12 AM PDT

    So I've been using alot of different videos for my bodyweight exercises but none of them actually had warmups. But they do start with simple exercises like crunches and squats

    But the thing is i had to write about me doing these exercises for school, and i wrote that i didnt need to do a proper warmup but instead did simpler exercises. But then my teacher said that i should actually should be doing warmups and then i got an E grade

    I dont know, is he actually right? I was just following every single video on yt and then he came to me and was like "youre wrong". What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/_ThankU-next
    [link] [comments]

    Motivation Monday for 2020-05-18

    Posted: 17 May 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to Motivation Monday, your weekly thread for motivational videos, pictures, and stories!

    Anything goes in this thread, as long as it's motivating. Let's get started!


    Feeling inspired and want to pass the time with other badass videos? Check out our collection of YouTube videos through our official channel!

    Join our live chatroom on Discord! You can find the web client by clicking this link, here.

    We're also on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Front Lever Plateau

    Posted: 18 May 2020 05:36 AM PDT

    Part 1 ==> (Tuck Front Lever to Advance Tuck), part one of osvaldo's step 2 front lever workout.

    Hi guys, I have been training for the front lever for about 6 months and I my progress have been plateauing for three months which honestly is really demotivating. The routine I am following is by osvaldo lugones, I am currently at step 2 of his routine but I have been stuck at part 1 (Tuck Front Lever to Advance Tuck) of the routine, here is the timestamp where he list out all the parts.

    I am able to perform most of the other parts of the routine but I cannot specifically get part 1 down. As I try to extend from the tuck front lever to advance tuck, I am only able to do it for a quick push and my hips will start to sag downwards. When I pull my legs back I will start to swing uncontrollably losing any stabilization.

    I am not able to control this motion so I am wondering if it is my lack of strength or stabilization in the tuck front lever which results in the inability to perform the move. To build strength and stabilization, what I did was perform 12 sec * 6 holds of tuck front and I performed rest of the routine parts 2 - 6 for 8 weeks.

    To my surprise, I still cannot perform part 1 which at this point I am questioning my strength or that the routine that his posted does not work at least for me. I feel like giving up but I am too far in to do so any advice or tips or routine that I can follow to move pass this plateau?

    EDIT: I had to edit this because I prematurely submitted it.

    submitted by /u/Potatoman50
    [link] [comments]

    twice a week routine suggestion?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 01:30 AM PDT

    hey there,

    when i used to life weights, i like AlphaDestiny's naturally enhanced routine schedule.

    it consisted of one Intensity day followed by a GPP or "recovery" day , and one Volume day followed by another GPP or "recovery" day.

    would you say this could work for calisthenics? lets say on the Intensity day working with high weights or advanced progressions and low reps, and on the volume day working with lower weights/progressions for alot of volume. and the GPP/recovery day being skills & mobility/flexibility day with cardio maybe? (i mostly jump rope and sprint).

    ​

    thanks in advance! and stay safe.

    submitted by /u/lordorca94
    [link] [comments]

    Gluteus medius exercises

    Posted: 17 May 2020 11:37 PM PDT

    I want to build my gluteus medius!!! Tell me some really great body weight exercises to target my gluteus medius :) i own a resistance band. No heavy weights unfortunately

    Ive done clamshells, hip abductions, lateral step ups, lateral lunge, gliding lunge, and dont love anything ive done so far. With no access to the gym or weights, im struggling to get an effective work out for my side booty

    Any glute isolation workouts in general are good though. Currently i do a lot of bridges and frog bridges, those are the most effective for me

    submitted by /u/nipple_goddess
    [link] [comments]

    Need more hamstring work? Try Single-leg Floor Slides

    Posted: 16 May 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    Just posting because I never see these mentioned on this sub (maybe I'm blind). Most people find floor slides to be easy, and then move on. Give single leg slides a chance!

    Great exercise for anyone who wants to work their hamstrings without weight. All you need is a floor and something that slides! I use a tupperware lid on a wood floor. Rags, furniture sliders, or even thick socks are also good options.

    I was taught to do these in physical therapy for a knee injury. Here is a good example, though I was not taught to perform as explosively as this guy. I like this video because he keeps his butt off the ground for the entire movement, which many do not. This will seriously increase the difficulty.

    submitted by /u/SuspiciousLeek4
    [link] [comments]

    Road to 30 Pullups

    Posted: 17 May 2020 04:48 AM PDT

    Currently I can do 20 pullups. So I know that weighted training is effective for reaching higher reps. However I won't be having access to weights for 5 days a week, so I will have to rely on bodyweight.

    Currently I do isometric and high rep training. Will using methods like the '50 Pullup program' or GTG techniques (I believe they are similar) be better?

    submitted by /u/eggkkb-01
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to completely master progressions for every set before moving on to the next?

    Posted: 17 May 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    I was wondering if you can only do a progression for some of your sets whether you should split it up or move back a progression. For example, in the 5x5 horizontal push part of my workout, I can do 5 wall assisted handstand push-ups for the first 3 sets, but maybe the last 2 sets I can only do 3 handstand push-ups before having to finish off with pike pushups. Should I change the entire thing to 5x5 pike pushups? Or do I continue doing what I'm doing.

    submitted by /u/ImASmolGryffindor
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment