• Breaking News

    Monday, May 18, 2020

    Weight loss: I lost 200 lbs and inspired my wife to lose 100 lbs along the way. Now, she's inspiring me to get back on track after I messed up for a month. And, despite me being a neurotic asshat 99% of the time, she's currently making me and the kids healthy food for dinner to keep our transformations going!

    Weight loss: I lost 200 lbs and inspired my wife to lose 100 lbs along the way. Now, she's inspiring me to get back on track after I messed up for a month. And, despite me being a neurotic asshat 99% of the time, she's currently making me and the kids healthy food for dinner to keep our transformations going!


    I lost 200 lbs and inspired my wife to lose 100 lbs along the way. Now, she's inspiring me to get back on track after I messed up for a month. And, despite me being a neurotic asshat 99% of the time, she's currently making me and the kids healthy food for dinner to keep our transformations going!

    Posted: 17 May 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    Truth be told, I got a little liberal with what I eat over quarantine life, and suffered some health set backs and a little weight gain ( only about 15 pounds) as a result. Well I'm back on track, and while I usually use my own progress pics to help steady me in uneasy times. Today, I shall be using her progress as my strength and guiding light.

    This battle is difficult, especially for a 5 foot, mother of two with one hell of a neurotic husband. Right now she's making me and the kids a healthy casserole despite my doing at least 5 horrendously annoying things today that less patient women ( luckily she was born on all saint's day, so I assume that's where her patience of a Saint to stay with me comes from) would have left better men over.

    So if ya'll could let her know she's doing great and that maybe her progress is inspiring more than just me these days, you wonderful LOSEIT people, that would be great.

    Stay safe, stay healthy, and wash your hands.

    https://imgur.com/a/sDp3Ao8

    submitted by /u/3995346
    [link] [comments]

    60lbs Lost during College, Grad School and a Pandemic

    Posted: 17 May 2020 11:02 AM PDT

    Finally lost 60lbs! A year ago, I was celebrating losing 23lbs in time for my college graduation. It definitely gets harder to lose weight once you're in a healthy weight range so I'm really proud of this milestone. Still doing the same 2 things I did when I was heavier - eating at a caloric deficit and working out. I've just added 16:8 intermittent fasting to help keep my calories down. Last time I was 115lbs, I was a sophomore in high school😁

    I learned to stop making excuses. I was in the middle of my college senior year when I started this journey. I had always used school as an excuse but then I decided to cook my own meals instead of going to the dining hall and take advantage of the college gym. Once I was meal prepping and working out, I started to feel my clothes get looser and lost 23lbs in time for my college graduation.

    I took a maintenance break over summer since I was at my parents' place and wasn't in charge of buying groceries. I think I also wanted a mental break from losing weight for a little bit but I still counted calories because I wasn't planning on gaining weight either. Managed to lose 4lbs thanks to an active restaurant job though.

    Started school as a grad student with a part-time graduate assistantship in the fall so I knew I wouldn't have time to work out. However, I was done making excuses. I went low-carb to help limit my calories to 1200 a day and was able to lose 19lbs by the end of the semester.

    Left the grad program since it wasn't a good fit and went back to my parents' place where I wasn't in charge of buying groceries. It was an adjustment to not fully be in control of my food but I've counted calories, used 16:8 IF and walked or run outside to keep losing weight.

    If you want to make a lifestyle change, know that it will never be the "right time" because there will always be something going on in life. I've been able to lose these 60lbs through college, grad school and a pandemic by holding myself accountable and counting calories.

    https://imgur.com/a/8TXyB82

    submitted by /u/KittyMinty
    [link] [comments]

    What falling off the wagon looks like.

    Posted: 17 May 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    I lost 200 lbs. Everything was on track to be the best ever, then it seemed piece by piece, everything fell apart at the last second. I gave up. I gained 15 pounds and suffered some health consequences of binging for a month after 2 years of being on point.

    Now I'm back at it, I still have another 60 pounds, plus that 15 I gained, so 75 to go, but I'm reminding myself that I've come a long way, and life circumstances, bad luck, and even a global f#&n% pan-damnit can't stop what I've started. Now, maybe moreso than ever we all suffer alone, but are brought together through our shared experiences. This is true of currentbevents just like issues with weight and wellness.

    To quote the late great Micheal Larson, " Everybody's lonely so at least I know I'm not alone".

    Don't beat yourself up over the small or large setbacks, just hop back on that hoarse and ride off into the sunset you beautiful people of all shapes, sizes, and dietary preferences.

    https://imgur.com/a/MGnMlFT

    submitted by /u/3995346
    [link] [comments]

    If you are thinking about starting a diet I want to remind you of something that’s been said a million times...the “right diet plan” is the plan you can stick with for life...that is, truly, the only real secret to weight loss.

    Posted: 17 May 2020 06:05 AM PDT

    *there's a picture in my profile if you want to see my progress.

    Over the past 10 years I've followed low carb (lost 80 pounds in 6 months/gained 50 back in a year) and keto (10 pounds in 2 weeks/gained back a month later).

    They both worked.

    And they both worked well.

    And I hated every minute of it.

    About 2 years ago I started CICO. The weight loss was slow...so painfully slow. But very day I enjoyed what I ate. And that made it easier for me.

    I'm gonna be real with you here...I have good days and I have bad days...but that is how life works...it has nothing to do with my diet.

    With CICO I've been able to lose about 88 pounds (120 from my highest weight when I started low carb) in a year and a half. And although these last 10 pounds have been a struggle for the last 6 months, I'm fine with it. I'll get there.

    And it's not that CICO was a better plan, it's that CICo was a better plan for ME. That's it. That's the secret that everyone that sees my progress asks me to share. I followed a plan I liked following.

    Find what works for you and follow that...because they all work. All of them.

    But losing weight is hard....following a plan that you hate only makes it a million times harder. And it's going to lead to a world of feeling bad about yourself when you fail. And you will, fail. It's been proven. I'm legit my own source!

    We have so little control over our lives as it is...the diet you choose to follow is something you have choice over. Be happy with your choice.

    Mystery solved.

    But whatever plan you choose, stick with it because it's worth it, you are worth it...I promise.

    EDIT: the obvious "thanks for the gold" comment. And I mean it. Because the thing is, if this post helped just one person then that's one person who will be living a happier life. And I'm happy to have contributed.

    submitted by /u/ChemicalBlonde13
    [link] [comments]

    Finally staying on the “saying no” bandwagon!

    Posted: 17 May 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    This weekend I've had 3 NSV!

    The first was Friday night which also happens to be pizza night in my house.

    Made home made pizza, my favorite. Turned out SO good, had two slices which I logged and had accounted for. Then for the next 30 minutes I went back and forth in my mind, do I have more? What's one more slice?

    I got up from my couch and put my plate in the sink and called it a day.

    THEN

    Yesterday was my sisters socially distant college graduation lunch. My dad has ordered falafel/lamb/chicken wraps that were cut in half and on a tray.

    Normally I'd use this an an excuse to eat 2 (you know, since they're cut in half that's still one serving, right?) even though clearly 1 would be enough. I ate one half with falafel, a TINY piece of cake, and a few cucumber slices when there was god knows how much food lying around.

    LAST NIGHT

    My husband wanted sushi for dinner which I don't like so we just figured we'd fend for ourselves. I had roughly 500 calories left (thanks to the cake) for dinner and the world was my oyster. McDonald's? My favorite drive in? WHY NOT treat myself after making some good choices recently?

    Instead, I had a leftover piece of pizza and an apple.

    I'm almost in tears as I write this because the old me would have eaten way more than enough all three of those times and then regretted it and promised to start my diet on Monday. I've tried SO hard to make the most of this quarantine/ WFH time and I can finally feel the changes I've made start to become more habits than trying to summon up a life's worth of willpower every meal that comes around! I never thought I would be capable of this, and here I am.

    submitted by /u/srams123
    [link] [comments]

    Let's talk about "losing weight for dating" and why I don't think it's a bad idea

    Posted: 17 May 2020 01:59 PM PDT

    My highest recorded weight was 308lbs when I was 18 years old. Right now I'm about ~178lbs at 19 years old. I didn't have much of a dating life growing because I was so insecure about myself I never actually put myself out there. I started dating this year and gave me an entirely new perspective on my self-worth and confidence.

    Now I want to be clear. My motivations for weight loss are primarily health and fitness, those are incredibly important to me. No amount of validation from others can match the satisafaction that health and fitness gives. However the more weight I lose, the more I can feel my motivation shifting towards my appearance and wanting to be desired.

    Personally I don't think this is such a bad thing. I will always be motivated by health and fitness but do you know what else is great? Looking in the mirror and liking what you see or touching your arm and feeling muscle instead getting a fist full of fat. Now I know that not everybody has an issue with visible fat, some people even prefer it however the less fat I become and the more muscular and "attractive" I become in my own eyes, the more confident and happy I feel.

    submitted by /u/chrisd848
    [link] [comments]

    I didn't eat the smarties!!

    Posted: 17 May 2020 10:54 PM PDT

    This may seem like a tiny thing, but I am so proud of myself.

    I compulsively have to follow my evening meal with something sweet. Always have. Even when dieting I will save the calories to cover this treat.

    Last night I had already logged the chocolate (a tube of Smarties), and had a healthy deficit for the day including those smarties.

    Well, I decided to hold off for a bit and test my patience. Then I started thinking about the fact that I wasn't actually hungry, I just wanted the taste. Then I reminded myself of what a strong woman I am and have been in other aspects of my life, and I had a moment of clarity where I scoffed at this craving. It doesn't hurt, I could go without.

    And I did! I woke up this morning and deleted the entry for the smarties which I'd already logged. I can't explain how good it felt! 100 times better than the pleasure I would have derived from that chocolate.

    Anyway, just had to share as I'd sound mental sharing this with anyone in my real life 😂 and I think if I write this down it will help solidify this feeling for me moving forward 🙂

    submitted by /u/HideousTits
    [link] [comments]

    Short women struggles? 10lbs seems like a mountain.

    Posted: 17 May 2020 08:17 PM PDT

    I've been working hard at weight loss lately and managed to come down by 10lbs over the past 2 months, but I would be lying if I said it didn't feel like a mountain to climb over. It's hard trying to lose weight as a very short person because I can only eat so many calories without starving myself in order to create a deficit. I'm trying to get back to 100lbs, but it's been quite the challenge. Since I'm shorter, every 5lbs looks like a 15 -pound difference. I have 25lbs left to lose, but I've been stuck at 125lbs for 2 weeks and I'm starting to feel so helpless and hopeless. I fell off the wagon with my exercise and it's been harder for me to get back on it. Any other short women have any tips or can relate?

    submitted by /u/ilurkXXipostXX
    [link] [comments]

    Ladies, be kind to yourself during shark week

    Posted: 17 May 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    This is not an excuse to gorge yourself on bad foods. However, if you notice you've gained 1 or 2lbs when you should be losing, because you are still meeting your calorie goals, make sure to realize it may have something to do with Aunt Flo. You retain water weight, up to 5lbs, RIGHT before your period begins. You may even think "am I plateauing?" But no, you're not. You just need to give it a few days and get on the scale again. This is something I didn't realize the pattern for until I was 3 months into CICO. Also, if you want to have that Reese's miniature cup because chocolate helps you through your cramps? Do it. They're 40 calories. Just don't have 5 of them. Don't be hard on yourself, but don't use it as an excuse.

    submitted by /u/chevycaMARA
    [link] [comments]

    A "Dummy's Guide" to Estimating Caloric Needs -- How to Learn What Your Body's Caloric Needs Actually Are

    Posted: 17 May 2020 06:11 PM PDT

    I've been working this year to lose weight - to get healthier. My goal for this year is to get to "one-derland;" that is, to have my weight drop below 200 pounds and then my weight will start with a 1. And a big part of this journey has been learning what my body ACTUALLY needs in terms of calories.

    It's pretty common knowledge that weight loss science says 3,500 calories is a pound. If you eat an extra 3,500 calories, then you'll gain a pound. And conversely if you eat 3,500 less than you need, then you'll lose a pound.

    I knew this I guess. I learned this years ago, but I never really applied this information in a useful way.

    It was sort of shocking to think about the fact that, being 100 pounds overweight, then I had to have eaten a shocking 350,000 calories MORE than what my body needed!! THAT'S A HUGE NUMBER. Facing that was quite a wake-up call.

    I didn't really think that I was overeating that much. I didn't just eat all day long. I mean, how much do I actually need then? The serving sizes of the food seemed to indicate that I'm eating "normally" in terms of American standards. But then, why was I so obese if that was truly the case?

    What did my body need then? What does it need? What's appropriate portion sizes? So I set out to find out how this was calculated, and it opened my eyes to a critical piece of weight loss!

    I started using MFP (My Fitness Pal), but I'm VERY sedentary even outside of the COVID situation (desk job), so MFP tended to overestimate my caloric needs. I found this out, because when I put in my details, and then I put in my goal of losing 1 pound a week, the number that MFP came back with seemed off - as in, it came back and seemed quite high. I didn't know enough to argue, so I decided to do some digging on where that number comes from, and now I'm gonna "learn" you some of what I found so that you can do your own verification if you so choose.

    Basically, you need to find your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure). This is the total number of calories that your body burns each day. It's made up of calories just for bodily functioning and additional physical activity. But to estimate this, you need to know your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) first.

    In simple terms, your BMR is the number of calories that your body needs to function - all by itself, doing absolutely nothing. The number is based on your age, gender and current weight. There are various equations and calculators on-line, but the number that come back are usually pretty close to each other.

    I found my BMR for my current weight. Right now, I'm in the 230's, so I ran the calculations for my next 10 pound goal - 230. My BMR came back as about 1,900.

    From there, you can add a standard cushion of calories based on your lifestyle in order to get your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure). The calculator that I used showed different tiers of total daily calorie needs for that BMR based on "lifestyle." I chose sedentary. It was the "lowest" tier that was offered. It added calories on to my BMR to account for that, thus giving me my daily calorie needs. My TDEE was calculated at 2,200.

    I was a little wary, because 300 calories of activity seemed like a lot for my current lifestyle. This is QUITE a large standard cushion to pad each day. And I think that this is where MFP overestimated my needs. Because this daily cushion is so ambitious, I therefore don't account for my activity day to day, because I've already accounted for it as part of my standard TDEE calculation.

    With my new knowledge of my current TDEE of 2,200 calories and where that value comes from, I was then ready to move on to the application of the "3,500 per pound" information.

    In order to lose 1 pound per week (a safe and standard rate of weight loss for most people), there needs to be a caloric deficit of 3,500 calories during the course of that week. If you take 3,500 and divide by 7, then you get 500 calories. You need a daily deficit of 500 calories to lose 1 pound per week.

    Applying that information to my new TDEE gets us this critical equation:

    TDEE - 500 = Daily Caloric Intake Limit

    So then using my numbers you get --> 2,200 - 500 = 1,700

    So I needed to be eating about 1,700 calories per day.

    If I did this, then I would lose about 1 pound a week. If I faithfully and accurately tracked all incoming calories, and I was NOT losing that amount, then it would tell me that I had STILL overestimated my TDEE and it would need to be adjusted.

    I was so excited! I now understood what my body's needs ACTUALLY were! I had a better picture of where the numbers came from. I was unstoppable!

    But wait, there's more!

    An essential piece of this whole deal is the fact that your daily caloric needs (TDEE) is based on your BMR which in turn is based on an equation that uses your age, gender AND WEIGHT.

    However, your weight keeps changing as you lose / gain, so as your weight changes, so does your BMR, and in turn so does your TDEE.

    So I think that at least each 10 pound mark, you should be recalculating your BMR / TDEE.

    Right now, I'm between 230 and 240, so I calculated my TDEE for 230 pounds. Once I hit 230, then I'll recalculate for 220 pounds.

    This regular checking in with your TDEE is essential to help to prevent the dreaded PLATEAU.

    Note: I am not a doctor or a scientist. This may not be 100% accurate information, but everything was written with good intention only. I wrote this post based on my current understanding of the information that I have found so far regarding calculating caloric needs as a VERY SIMPLIFIED overview of a complex scientific process in order to help my fellow humans better understand how to figure out what their body needs, but each human is different and their needs vary.

    submitted by /u/Michigangster917
    [link] [comments]

    Have a lot more to lose than I thought...

    Posted: 17 May 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    As I lose weight, I realize I have really miscalculated my goals. I thought I would need to lose 8 kg to reach my goal weight, but after a lot of hard work and 5 kgs gone I am understanding that I was living in denial and have not seen my real size. My clothes fit me now-before, they must have been too small and I just didn't notice.

    This proves why it's good to have small step-by-step goals in between the big goals, because if I had not had a few small milestones under my belt on this weight loss journey, I would have been so deflated at the thought that I will need to lose at least 50% more weight than I thought, which will add several months of being in a deficit (which is tough for me, ugh).

    So moral of the story - make small goals! Make sure you feel good about the progress you do on this long-ass journey!

    submitted by /u/hghfdrtggv
    [link] [comments]

    [Challenge] European Accountability Challenge: May 18th, 2020

    Posted: 17 May 2020 11:17 PM PDT

    Hi team Euro accountability, I hope you're all well!

    For anyone new who wants to join today, this is a daily post where you can track your goals, keep yourself accountable, get support and have a chat with friendly people at times that are convenient for European time zones. Check-in daily, weekly, or whatever works best for you. It's never the wrong time to join! Anyone and everyone are welcome! Tell us about yourself and let's continue supporting each other.

    Let us know how your day is going, or, if you're checking in early, how your yesterday went!

    Share your victories, rants, problems, NSVs, SVs, we are here!

    submitted by /u/visilliis
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve lost over 100lbs in the last five years and I want to share my journey with all of you.

    Posted: 17 May 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    This is a long read. If you're interested in my current weight loss plan it will be the last paragraph.

    I [ F, 5'8", 25, sw 278 , cw 164] was always the bigger kid growing up. Growing up, my family always had unlimited soda and snacks. We were taught that the outside world was scary and that it was better to just stay inside and play video games because that was seen as safer. I never focused on my weight since I had a lot more going on at home but weighing about 200lbs in 8th grade was definitely not normal. I gained about 78lbs by the time high school was finished and I entered my 20's weighing around 283-278lbs.

    https://imgur.com/a/Gw6RMu3

    The month I turned 20 I went for a physical and found out how much I weighed. My jaw almost hit the floor. I'm almost at 300lbs? With no end in sight? This ignited a lot a change in myself and within three months of that appointment I moved out of my mom's house, broke off a toxic relationship and I started focusing on my health. Since I didn't have any idea what I was doing I turned to reddit for guidance. I went a bit extreme and immediately cut my calories down to 1,200 a day. The room I was renting didn't have full kitchen access so I just ate microwave meals and logged them into MyFitnessPal. I worked retail and was getting about 10,000 steps a day so I figured that was my exercise for the day. From May-December 2015 I lost around 80lbs putting me just below 200lbs for the first time since grade school. I thought I was unstoppable!

    https://imgur.com/a/FAhdqYV

    In Feb of 2016 I started dating a chef (now husband) and I was so excited to date someone who loves food as much as I do! He would cook meals for us, we went out to each others favorite places and we'd discover new restaurants together. We went and ate our way through vacations or even just days off. During that time I stopped counting calories and just went with it. By our first dating anniversary I gained back over 25lbs!

    https://imgur.com/a/9d2YGpV

    I was not happy but I didn't really make any changes until 2018. He proposed to me on our second dating anniversary. We had an engagement photo shoot and I was devastated by how I looked in them (Side note- I was never hard on my looks until I started losing weight) I wanted to get down to 170 by the wedding. We started meal prepping but I only lost about 5lbs and maintained my weight until we picked our venue in Dec2018 and a wedding date of Oct2019. This is when I started to understand weight loss or so I thought.

    I started doing DDPYoga in Dec2018. I had read about intermittent fasting and decided to try it out. I love breakfast food but I didn't like eating in the morning so I started at 16:8 (1pm-9pm) and I mixed that with working out. When I went dress shopping I was so confident that I could lose weight by the wedding so I got my dress in a size too small! That whole year was weight loss and wedding planning. I started drinking 90oz of water daily and things were going smoothly. I kept up my workouts and intermittent fasting and I ended up losing around 25lbs by the time the wedding came. I fit into my dress! We went on our honeymoon and we just went crazy! We ate our way through New Orleans and Japan and by Dec2019 I was back to 180lbs. I keep losing and gaining! I work so hard and can blow it in a month. Some other things went on in my life that pushed me to start therapy and I am very thankful I did.

    Once I started getting help about moving on from my past and looking forward to the life I've been building my perspective started to change. My relationship with food has been great. I work as a caregiver and between the bodily fluids I have to clean and how active I am during my shift I don't really eat at work. I've never been a morning eater (just black coffee) so I usually break my fast when I get off of work around 3-5pm. I feel better about myself so I am feeding my body better things. I have started counting calories again and I really focus on what I think is "worth it" through the day. I have been working out with my yoga app for 5 days a week and I take our dog out almost daily. I have a fitness monitor and that has been helping me reach some daily fitness goals. But all of that would mean nothing if I didn't get some mental health help. I am a lot kinder to myself. I use to "forgive" myself a lot but to forgive yourself means that you're doing something wrong. Is it wrong to want a sweet after dinner? Or to go out and get my favorite bowl of chowder? I can do so much more with moderation and being kinder to myself than sulking over what I can and can't have. I can have anything I want but I just have to build my day around it and make it worth it. I have found that above all of the dieting and exercise it has been the self acceptance that has really fueled my next step of weight loss. I hit my first goal of 165 that I set up all those years ago and now I want to go down another 20lbs to 145. I have never seen my body like this before and I just want to see where it goes. Between therapy, Cico, IF and DDPY I am so much more confident in myself and where I can go.

    Thanks for taking the time to read all of this. I can't really share it anywhere else. I am extremely lucky that I am where I am today and I couldn't do it without all the loving support in my life. I hope you have or can find that too. Please PM me if you need some of that in your life. I'll be your support!

    https://imgur.com/a/pFvUVcX

    submitted by /u/katonkat
    [link] [comments]

    Finally found a good substitute for candy

    Posted: 17 May 2020 05:54 PM PDT

    I'm in a foreign country right now with a very strict quarantine. Grocery stores have very limited hours and are frequently out of fruits and veggies so it's been a struggle for me to eat as clean as id like. My downfall has always been candy. I have a hardcore sugar addiction and I am working on cutting back, but it's hard for me right now due to stress and circumstances.

    Anyway I was surveying what I had left in the apartment and I concluded that the closest thing to candy I could find was green apple slices and strawberry jello powder and holy Jesus it's incredible. It honestly tastes just like candy.

    You don't need much of the powder either, just a tablespoon for a full apple. I tried putting it on grapes too and that is also really good! I think I'm going to keep doing this even when I go back to the United States.

    I hope this can help someone who's as sugar addicted as I am.

    submitted by /u/junegloom23
    [link] [comments]

    It’s crazy how one day everything clicks

    Posted: 17 May 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    Hello! (M/20/5'11") SW: 280lbs CW: 258lbs GW: 180ish lbs

    Hello everyone. For as long as I can remember I've been overweight. I remember watching the biggest loser when I was 10 and telling my mom I wanted to lose weight. But as everyone knows that is much more challenging than one might think.

    Throughout my teens I would lose weight, and then lose motivation just to gain it back. It was a negative cycle that never worked. But ever since quarantine something just clicked. I started cico on April 10th (280lbs), eating 1500 calories and weighing myself everyday. It was very hard at first. Counting and restricting. But now 5 weeks later I've lost 20lbs and it's finally working. It's just crazy that this was always there inside of me.

    When you are overweight, you have thoughts to yourself you'll never be able to do it. To lose the weight. And even though I have so far to go. I'm optimistic about my continuous weight loss. I can't weight to go back to university in the fall and to see the surprising look on everyone's face!

    submitted by /u/mat3064
    [link] [comments]

    Day One of "Actually Taking This Seriously" is off to a good start (23F, 250lbs)

    Posted: 18 May 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    So I've started this journey yet again. After many years of crash diets and hating mirrors I'm going to summon all of my willpower and say this starts TODAY, not tomorrow. Exercise wise I did the first day of Pamela Reif's beginners workout plan (week 1) - I was struggling which sadly I think means I'm even less fit than I thought. I'm also going to do some skipping/jump rope in the garden while the weather holds. Calories wise my goal is staying in the 1200-1400 region today. Any tips or support greatly appreciated!! I want this time to be THE time, I'm going to drop this weight once and for all 💖

    submitted by /u/ProsperousWitch
    [link] [comments]

    Changed my goal today

    Posted: 17 May 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    So after two months of plateauing at 160 after a 15 pound loss from diet changes alone, I've decided to change my strategy.

    Previously, my goal was 130. Ish. And it seemed like I was never going to make it because I have been stuck at 160 for so long now. Now, I'm aiming for 145. Because that's just losing 15 more pounds. I've already done that. I can do it again.

    I'm always trying to commit myself to implementing some workouts to help boost my weight loss. I've upped my calorie goals from 1200 to 1500 a day and I'm hoping that can get me out of my slump.

    I'm proud of myself for deciding to adapt instead of giving up though. In the past I would get defeated as soon as things stopped showing progress. I'm looking at the maintained 160 and telling myself that at least I haven't gained. So I'm doing something right.

    submitted by /u/momsthegame
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Q&A Post for Monday, 18 May 2020 - No question too small!

    Posted: 18 May 2020 03:00 AM PDT

    Got a question? We've got answers!

    Do you have question but don't want to make a whole post? that's fine. Ask right here! What is on your mind? Everyone is welcome to ask questions or provide answers. No question is too minor or small.

    TIPS:

    • Include your stats if appropriate/relevant (or better yet, update your flair!)
    • Check the FAQ and other resources in the sidebar!
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Went from 74 kilo (about 163 pounds) to 58 kilo (about 127 pounds) now back to 60 kilo. I'm feeling a bit down and anxious. Somebody in to give some moral support?

    Posted: 18 May 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    Hi!

    So like I said, went from 74 to 58, now back at 60 (I'm 4"11'). I was doing really well, but then had this awful tendonitis, which makes it impossible for me to exercise like before, then this pandemic, then some personal stuff. Anyway it has been a shit show last couple of months.

    I started in December 2019. I lost the weight by doing resistance training and counting my macro's. I'm just really afraid that because I stopped training now I lost a whole bunch of muscles and I will keep gaining the weight. I know it's an irrational thought. I've been walking a lot last week and started counting calories and macro's again to get some control. But it has not helped.

    I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. Walking and counting.

    submitted by /u/annaluciana
    [link] [comments]

    [SV] and Milestone - down 13kg in the last 4months, first time since 18 years that I'm under 80kg again.

    Posted: 18 May 2020 02:11 AM PDT

    So this is my 4th day weighing in under 80kg in a row and enough for me to share this milestone with you here.

    The Basics
    Male 42, 170cm
    Basically I put on my kilos when I stopped doing sports after starting work after university. I was in pretty good shape at this point, having played American Football and competing in the nationals Cheerleading competition with my team. All that stopped once we moved for my job and got our first baby in 2006.
    Together with that came co-pregnancy with the second child and I ate a ton more as did my wife with the difference that I did not simply drop my pounds again once the baby was out. I hit around 83kg in 2008 and basically hovered around that since then. My highest was 97.5kg two years ago and I promised myself never to go over 100kg at this point.

    The Journey that did nothing
    I tried to lose weight again since around 2009. But whatever I did was not succesful.

    • C25K in 2009 started fine, but as I got around the 3km mark I developed periostitis that I couldn't get rid of, regardless of how slow I tried to get on with it. So no running. I tried to pick up football and cheerleading again, but with the kids and the job there was no realistic way to fit that into my life.
    • I went through deep depression from 2010-2012 as my father died and my job was miserable at this point, and generally everything turned out different to how it was supposed to be. I went up in weight to around 90 at this point. Suicidal thoughts were on the menu and after I crashed my car into a tree, I decided to seek help. I went into therapy for my depression and started moderate training as part of that. Both helped in its own way.
    • 2012 I joined the gym again and focused on heavy lifts. I progressed from 3x8 80kg squats to 3x8 140kg over the next 2 years, and got overall a lot stronger. I tried IF at this time as well and my lowest weight at this point was 86kg. Despite my strength I remained fat and the muscles were nowhere to be seen. I stopped working out.
    • 2014 I finally switched jobs. Lots of sweets and near daily schnitzel propelled me soon to 90+ kg. One collegue there recently lost 35kgs and went from 105kg to 70kg in about a year. I asked him what he did and he told me he just decided it was too much and ate less. Oof.
    • 2015 I rejoined the gym with another collegue and joined after work gymnastics with a personal trainer, as we decided that we wanted to take part in a tough mudder run. Again my periostitis showed up and on top of that I developed an intervertebral disc bulge. No running and no lifting for a while. More sweets to cope with increased stress at the job though.
    • January of 2017 I was let go and went back into depression. In April I got diagnosed with ADD, which explained a lot about my irrational behaviour, my impulse food cravings and trouble at work. At this time I had hit 97,5kg and was on the way to 100kg. I got medicated 2 months later and went to therapy again. I picked up a new job at the end of 2017. Weight was then around 94kg.
    • Food at the new job was quite healthy, but no sports and all day sitting around still did nothing good to my weight. Job was okish and I switched departements internally to work on more innovative things. I bought a bike and started to ride the 32kms one way once a week with my colleague. He wanted to lose weight as well and I got down to 89kg. I also switched ADD Medication around this time that seemed to work better. At this point I started tracking my weight with libra, to have some kind of documentation.
    • In summer 2019 I broke my neck in a pool accident, but due to being incredible lucky I got away with no permanent harm, but had to stay at home and basically lay only around with a stiffneck for around 3 months. I basically only watched netflix and ate chips at that point and jumped back up to 95kg. When I went back to my job and discussed how I wanted to get back into it I was told that the job no longer existed and I either could leave or switch departments again. I chose the latter and depression hit once again - not surprising at this point. Suicidal thoughts were back on the menu in December 2019.

    The breakthrough

    • I immediately searched help this time and got lucky to get an appointment on January 4th. I had weekly sessions from then on and think I've reached a breakthrough this time. I also got on medication for depression. Both the antidepressant and the ADD supress appetite. But as I took the ADD already for some years at this point I mainly attribute the change in the following months to a change in my mindset.
    • Medication for depression started mid January, my new Job started in February. I got a ton of support at work, as I went into the offensive and discussed my problems straight up with my managers. They provide guidance and structure were I need it and trust me in every other way, so I can work in my own odd ADD ways. Both the trust and the effects of the medication made me more productive and efficient than I've ever been to this point and they've been really surprised so far with my performance that exceeded their expectations by a mile. And so have I. I'm finally feeling like I'm getting into a position to reach my fully potential that until now only bareley got scratched.
    • I went from 93 to 90 at the start of February just by eating less. I remembered my ex-colleague and just decided to keep going.
    • From mid march on I've been working from home, due to lockdown and still keep up with eating less.

    Diet
    I made no real changes in what I ate, I just ate less of it.

    • No breakfeast - I've skipped this since I first tried out IF in 2012/13.
    • One meal a day and a salad or snack for the other. Did not matter if lunch or dinner was the normal one.
    • Still the casual sweets, like chocolate, cookies and chips. But really only 1-2 pieces. No more whole chocolates or bags of chips for me.
    • Awareness of what and how much I ate each day and for each meal.
    • Ocassional cheat days - not planned, basically when we visist my parents in law. They just cook so much and the beer is obligatory there.
    • Alcohol only about twice a months. (Has been this way forever anyway)

    Routine

    • I weigh myself twice a day. Once before bed, and once after getting up and peeing in the morning. I record the morning weight religiously into libra, even if I gained weight.
    • I go out for a ride with my bike once or twice a week for 1-3h total.

    That's it basically.

    80kg is my Milestone as the last time I had that was before I entered university 18 years ago.
    This morning I sat at 79,9. 2 days ago at 79,5 but that also was the last cheat day, so I'm fine with that.

    Goals
    The next milestone is 77kg for my birthday next months (born in '77).
    After that I want to hit my goal weight of 70kg.

    Libra currently says I will reach it around August, but I'm in no rush. If I get there by the end of the year that is a huge success in my book. I've come further than I thought I would be anyway so far, everything is a bonus at this point.

    I took a picture at around 95kg in 2015 when I started going to the gym again. I might to a transformation post once I hit my GW.

    Here is a pic of my libra progress instead.
    https://i.imgur.com/Jq6RTLo.png

    submitted by /u/Mazeracer
    [link] [comments]

    Progress with 7 weeks of Chloe Ting workout videos

    Posted: 17 May 2020 12:55 PM PDT

    Hi everybody,

    I posted about 5 weeks ago after doing 2 weeks of consistent exercise using Chloe Ting workout videos. I decided to follow it up with doing her 35 day 2019 Summer Shred Challenge. Here is my progress in photos.

    The left 2 photos are from the very beginning, the middle is after 2 weeks of exercise, and the right is after an additional 35 days of the summer shred challenge.

    (https://imgur.com/gallery/5pW3Vt5)

    Overall I noticed that:

    1) I have gotten so much stronger! My endurance for planks went from 25 seconds to over a minute and a half!

    2) There is some muscle definition now and I am down 1-2 pant sizes!

    3) My mood has been generally pretty good since I started regular exercise.

    And a note about diet, I have not changed it drastically. At most, I have become more aware of when I am full and probably eat 100-200 calories less per day than previously.

    submitted by /u/lavendermd
    [link] [comments]

    What did you all eat today? I ate a ton of delicious food, kept under my calorie goals, and am absolutely stuffed. The power of low calorie/high volume eating (no salad required).

    Posted: 17 May 2020 06:46 PM PDT

    I have really searched for a way of eating that I can maintain for the rest of my life, not just to lose weight. I have settled on high protein, lower carb (but not keto), and CICO calorie plan that seems to work for me with a target of 2200-2500 calories / day. What did you guys eat today to loseit/maintain it?

    Breakfast

    Giant Breakfast Wrap on a Joseph Lavish Wrap (the lower carb ones) with a runny egg, avocado, broccoli, +an egg white omelet. This thing was massive. - 300 Calories

    Lunch

    Calorie Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla on a low carb tortilla - 400 Calories

    1/6 (2 Servings) of a Swerve Cake with Low Carb Frosting - 450 Calories (My one non-low cal/high density "cheat" food)

    Dinner

    1/4 or 1/3 of a Chicken Crust Pizza - 1800 Calories for the whole pizza, so 600 for what I ate. This thing is entirely protein and fat so it's super filling. I doubt even the hungriest binge eater could eat more than half of it. The whole Pizza was the size of a Domino medium.

    ​

    An entire batch of Avocado fudge Cookies - 400 Calories - The fat in avocado replaces the butter for a whole lot less calories.

    ​

    Grand Total - 2,150 Calories plus 10% overhead I always add on (for things like cooking sprays, etc) = 2,365. Right at my range. I ended up right at my calorie goals, had one healthier desert and one big cheat desert but felt like I spent the afternoon at a buffet in terms of fullness.

    ​

    I think I can keep this up forever. I found most of the recipes online and can provide links if there is interest, I didn't in the OP so this doesn't get marked as spam.

    submitted by /u/venk
    [link] [comments]

    24-Hour Pledge - Monday, 18 May 2020 - The Plan for Today!

    Posted: 17 May 2020 09:08 PM PDT

    Wake up with determination; go to bed with satisfaction!

    This is our daily check-in, to help keep us accountable over the long haul. Feel free to post whatever goals will help keep you on track.

    Here's the regular text on behalf of this thread's originator, kingoftheeyesores, taken with his blessing

    > I'll be posting a daily, 24 hour pledge to stick to my plan, or whichever small piece of my plan I am currently working on. Whatever your dietary goals may be, I hope you stick to them for the next 24 hours (and then worry about the following 24!). Who's with me?

    Thanks to /u/nofollowthrough who made the 24-Hour Pledge an ongoing /r/loseit institution.

    Due to space limitations, this may be a sticky only occasionally. Please find it daily using the sidebar or top message.


    On reddit, your vote means, "I found this interesting" (...read more about voting on reddit)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I lost 2lbs in a couple of weeks - I’m already so proud!

    Posted: 17 May 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    I'm a long-time lurker of loseit - 27F, 5'4, SW 160, GW is 130 - and I've lost 2lbs since starting 2 weeks ago. I know it's not a lot, but I'm already so proud of myself.

    I usually start my fitness journeys thinking of getting results fast (so a lot of failed crash diets and yo-yo weight) but I feel like this time I'm in it for the long run. I'm not gonna say I feel much better, since I still grumble before workouts, but I'm at least sticking to a sustainable lifestyle.

    Here's a small list of what I've been doing: - Tracking my food intake honestly - Less carb. I tried to limit myself to 1 cup of rice a day - Working out 4x a week. Simple cardio like dance fitness workouts/zumba - Attempts at 16:8 fasting (sometimes ends up being 14:10)

    I wish I could lose more weekly, but for now I'll just do my best to stay on track! I'd love to hear suggestions for improvement. Hope everyone is staying safe during this trying period!

    submitted by /u/amy_930309
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment