Bodyweight Fitness: BWF Daily Discussion and Beginner/RR Questions Thread for 2020-05-18 |
- BWF Daily Discussion and Beginner/RR Questions Thread for 2020-05-18
- Anyone NOT going back to their gym when it re-opens after starting Bodyweight fitness
- At 42, it took a pandemic to get me going...but I’m about 8 weeks in and loving it
- Board game to help you workout at home!
- Increasing your perspective exercises
- Advice for a taller athlete
- Squat mobility
- Does doing pull ups on thick bar have any benefits?
- Gaining weight advice no equipment
- Murph Training Tips
- Body weight hamstring excercises (or GHR progressions for a beginner)
- Why do 360 pulls relieve muscles soreness?
- Sublexing Ulnar Nerve in the elbow means I can't do full reps - easier to manage with weights, tougher in the bodyweight world. Advice on exercises that I can do to avoid full reps/certain angles?
- A few questions regarding the recommended routine.
- The science behind daily planking?
- How do I kill the skinny fat?
- Weight plates alternatives for weighted calisthenics? (Noob question)
- Is this normal?
- Some Questions on SM's Intermediate PPL Routine
- Alternative foot placement for Pushups and Planks - Bunion issue
- Trying to figure out body type
- HIIT Workout at HOME - Get best version of yourself in QUARANTINE
- Table of Pregressive Elements - 8 ways to make any bodyweight exercise easier or harder and keep on progressing forever!
- Gloves for resistance bands?
- How to structure a planche workout for a beginner.
| BWF Daily Discussion and Beginner/RR Questions Thread for 2020-05-18 Posted: 17 May 2020 11:08 PM PDT Welcome to the /r/bodyweightfitness daily discussion thread!
Reminders:
For your reference we also have these weekly threads:
Join our live conversations on Discord! We're also on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter! If you'd like to look at previous Discussion threads, click here. [link] [comments] |
| Anyone NOT going back to their gym when it re-opens after starting Bodyweight fitness Posted: 18 May 2020 09:55 AM PDT I just got notice that my gym will be re-opening in 2 days time (with restrictions), the thing that actually got me thinking about not going back was twofold. 1) I've realized it is pretty easy to get exercise in at home. 2) They are doing a "new member" pricing thing again which is 2/3rds of what most people (myself included) are paying. I asked if they were doing anything for existing members and got a hard no. So I am thinking of just cancelling or if possible suspending my membership and getting on with bodyweight stuff at home for a while now. The other reason for me not wanting to go back right now, is my wifes job means that I also need to limit my potential exposure and for me, going back to the gym right now will not be doing that. Thoughts? [link] [comments] |
| At 42, it took a pandemic to get me going...but I’m about 8 weeks in and loving it Posted: 17 May 2020 01:16 PM PDT Long post alert So here I was, 42, and the Corona Virus gets real. The last 20ish years have been a bit abysmal in terms of fitness and really taking care of my health. After some self reflection I decided I'm going to come out of this thing a better person than I went into it. Gyms closed, no problem, I'm not really a big fan. Have always been more into sports than pushing weight. Even during the last decades I've always been quasi doing something, hockey, golf, baseball, squash, something. Just never consistently since I was around 20. So I dusted off the elliptical that had been doubling as a clothing rack since a month after I purchased it a little over 8 years ago. 30 mins a day about 5 days a week on interval training setting. After a couple weeks I had slowly increased the difficulty and was happy I was just doing something. I got cocky and followed my wife in a 5 exercise downward ladder. Starting at 10 each then 9 and down to 1. Pushups, lunges, crunches, planks and squats. I got down to 5 and I thought I was going to die. Did the pushups on my knees, and there was no going past the 5th set. The next 3 days were torture. But I kept on the elliptical and worked through the seemingly unrelenting soreness. The next week I started following a push up program another friend of mine was doing. 7 weeks to 100 pushups by Steve Speirs. 3 times a week, 15 mins a day, 1 min rest between sets. No way I can do this. The thought of doing 1 pushup at that point was almost as daunting as 100. At about 275lbs I just couldn't imagine it. Day 1 saw me do a total of 7 pushups over 5 sets, and push up 2 on set 5 was like getting to the top of Everest. And from that day on it's been akin to a bit of an addiction. Fast forward 5 weeks and 2 days of failed attempts then repeating those days to completion and I just finished my first 7 set day 6 6 10 10 6 6 20 About 2 weeks in I started adding...now day 1 3 and 5 is pushups, body squats and bicycle crunches. All at the same rep and set counts. Day 2 4 and 6 is not off days anymore and I'm into reverse planks, lunges (these have been a real bitch) and bicycle crunches again. Starting at lower numbers on the lunges and doing 5 x 30 second reverse planks. Along with this I do a stretching routine after the daily workout, which is a hodgepodge of yoga stretches and some other stuff I've found for my lower back. I also can't help myself and usually push out an extra few sets of 10 pushups every day. The elliptical is just not keeping my attention but I've been doing a ton of walking. Looking to buy a bike to get the cardio going more. The next big step is diet, I haven't really touched it at all as I was focused on the activity routine first. I'm down around 8 lbs currently. But a lot of weight shifting so the number doesn't concern me as much. Looking forward to following the posts and seeing how far this can take me. To all of my chubby, old brethren out there, it's tough, but you can likely do more than you think....just start doing it!! [link] [comments] |
| Board game to help you workout at home! Posted: 18 May 2020 08:22 AM PDT Give it a look over and maybe even a try! Due to the current crisis going on and all the gyms being closed, I had to find a new way to workout. I began to do some workouts at home and some at a nearby park, but it was hard to stay motivated after a couple of weeks. I decided to make this board game to help keep myself active, motivated, and help some of my friends to workout during these times! I wanted to post here in hopes of it being useful to others. The first page is the rules and guidelines, and the second is the game board itself. It is a pretty straightforward game, following the idea of Chutes and Ladders. When it came to the exercises, I chose some of the more popular moves. Most people can do all of these exercises or some variation of them, which was my end goal if others did use this. The rep count is made based off of my ability and I know people are all over with their abilities, so the rep count should be adjusted to you when you play. I'd love to hear what you all think about this little game, how it could be improved, and how your quarantine workout journey has been going! [link] [comments] |
| Increasing your perspective exercises Posted: 18 May 2020 06:36 AM PDT As wonderful as this community is I feel like the bwf is very focused on gymnastic and the like skills and strengths. While I view that to be a vital part of health and fitness there is not much focus in our group upon the cardio part of body weight. I try and practice many different forms and styles of exercise to give my clients/patients the best tools I see fit for their goals. This also includes cardio skills such as running, swimming, climbing, biking and playful sports. Especially during this time these are great areas to improve your health and body functions. With it being a raining season so far and I'm preparing to do more outdoor cardio events this jump rope I made has significantly helped me and other achieve fitness being confined. What other activities do y'all do that is Bodyweight but hardly mentioned in this sub? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 May 2020 10:40 AM PDT Hello calisthenics and bodyweight gods. I'm here to ask a quick question. Can I achieve the advance movements like the planche, front lever, dragon flag at the height of around 2m (6'6). I got long massive legs and it's hard to keep them a float. I've heard calisthenics is harder the taller you are. Can i do it and how long will it take me? Thanks :) [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 May 2020 08:55 AM PDT This is something that's been bothering me a long time. I can do a full squat when taking a wide stance with my feet outwards, but can't do one in a neutral position. The reason that my feet are pointed outwards is because my knees are turned inwards (knee valgus) so this is not an issue perse, but the reason I can't squat ass to grass with a closer stance is because of my limited ankle/hip mobility. Is it bad for my quad development to squat in my current stance or it is okay to leave it like this and not work on my mobility? And, if I should work on my mobility, how? [link] [comments] |
| Does doing pull ups on thick bar have any benefits? Posted: 18 May 2020 12:14 PM PDT Found some kind of bar near my house and I noticed that it's thicker than normal gym pull up bar, since it's not even a pull up bar. It's maybe 2-3 times bigger than normal. Does it have any benefits? It's harder because I can't hold the bar easily, but works my grip better I think. If anybody knows about it, please tell me [link] [comments] |
| Gaining weight advice no equipment Posted: 18 May 2020 10:40 AM PDT I've always been a petite small girl and slim as well. I've always had skinny legs and an okay size bum but now I've gotten very insecure because I love the way bigger thighs look. So I decided I should try my best to gain weight on my thighs and bum. I have no equipment I only have resistance bands and I have no idea where to start?? I wanna see progress in at least a month. Do you think it's possible? I'm also vegetarian so there's only minimal things I could eat for protein. I don't know much about meal planning either or what I should eat before after workouts. Any advice? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 May 2020 08:10 AM PDT Me and some buddies are planning to do the Murph in about 1 month. It's been an awesome motivation to be getting some solid body weight workouts in during this quarantine season (I live in one of the worst states....) My biggest concern with finishing timely is pullups. A few weeks ago I was able to get 10-11 initially, and then lose steam. Now, after changing a diet to try to lose some LBs and also focusing on full range of motion, I'm able to rep out 5-6. WHat I'm doing now is repping the 5-6, then I'll do a hold as long as possible at the end (usually 10-15 seconds) Seeking advice for tips to best improve these reps over the next 3-4 weeks, aiming for a goal of completing Murph in under an hour. [link] [comments] |
| Body weight hamstring excercises (or GHR progressions for a beginner) Posted: 18 May 2020 03:56 AM PDT I've been going to the gym for about a year, now been doing body weight training for the last 8 weeks while on lockdown. I think I'm fairly strong (I can do pistol squats, 1 handed press-ups, weighted chin-ups etf) but I tried a GHR the other day and realised how weak my legs are. I've tried doing a controlled negative and I can literally lower myself a couple inches before completely losing control. All I can find online are hip bridges/glute thrusts which seem very easy. I've seen using bands to lower myself down for the GHR negative, is there anything else I could try because I don't have any bands or do I need to invest in a set? Or are there any hamstring excercises inbetween hip thrusts & GHR Thanks [link] [comments] |
| Why do 360 pulls relieve muscles soreness? Posted: 18 May 2020 12:18 PM PDT I've been doing the RR since the lockdown took over, and been finding I get a pretty crazy burn in the shoulders and arms. Just recently came across the 360 pull as another activity to throw in the mix and I've been finding it seems to relieve any soreness/tiredness I'd usually feel in my arms over the hours after completing a workout. I can't work out why - is it just the stretching aspect, or something I'm missing? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 May 2020 12:16 PM PDT As the title says I got diagnosed awhile back with a sublexing Ulnar Nerve, which essentially means there's a popping in my elbows past a certain point (halfway). I can usually get by this by moderating the angle with weights but without them, it's much tougher to get pretty much any bi/tricep workout. I was told to avoid the pop as much as possible as it can cause inflammation and eventually could require surgery. Does anyone have any advice on how to moderate the angle to avoid the pop, or how to get an effective workout with the ability to only do half a rep? I'm doing a 1-push up/sit up a day challenge (add one/day) and while I know it's not doing much, it's keeping consistency. Any ideas? [link] [comments] |
| A few questions regarding the recommended routine. Posted: 18 May 2020 11:59 AM PDT As someone who is just getting into strength training I have a few questions. I want to follow the recommended routine, but before I make that commitment I was wondering how effective it is in contrast to other workouts. My diet is already on point as I take 90-120 grams of protein a day while weighing 67kg at 1,84m. The main thing I want to know, from other people with experience, is if the recommended routine is effective if I want to increase strength and muscle mass. Any answers and/or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks. [link] [comments] |
| The science behind daily planking? Posted: 18 May 2020 11:49 AM PDT I see innumerate articles talking about the benefits of daily planking, but that seems to run against everything I've ever heard about rest days and muscle growth. I'd normally have dismissed it as pop-fitness advice, but considering that it's both consistently suggested, and is isometric, its possible you can do it daily? I'm currently alternating days, but I thought I'd ask. I should also mention, before the plank haters arrive, that it's the only ad workout I actually do, so relative to the workout I was doing (nothing) planks are the best ab workout (I get). [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 May 2020 11:41 AM PDT I'm a 21 year old male, 5'9, 146lbs. I'm naturally a pretty skinny guy, but a few years ago I was a fat ass, so I did a ton of HIIT cardio and dropped 20-30lbs. Now I'm left with a pretty skinny frame, but extra fat on my biceps and a soft chest/core. No real muscle definition. I've been doing a clean bulk for a bit now, while doing mostly bodyweight/calisthenics 3x a week (going to start adding weight to my dips, push ups variations, etc. soon). I gained 10-15lbs really fast, so I lowered my surplus down to 2700 calories from 3000. A couple of people have said they notice a difference in the broadness/hardness of my chest, arms, and back, but when I look in the mirror, I see nothing. I don't know if I should continue bulking as I am now (I'm eating 2700 calories a day), or if I should do a small caloric deficit to cut body fat and see what happens. I'm just super confused because I have a really small waist (like 28-30 inches), and I'm really a pretty low weight at 146lbs. I just feel and look like ass after eating so much food that it gets frustrating. [link] [comments] |
| Weight plates alternatives for weighted calisthenics? (Noob question) Posted: 18 May 2020 04:01 AM PDT Hey ya'll, I been considering getting weights (plates) to increase the intensity of my strength workouts now that just BW has become easy but weight plates where I live are ridiculously expensive lol. I don't get it coz they're literally just a piece of metal.. anyway, I tried using bands but it doesn't beat using actual weights..no constant tension throughout the ROM. My question is, are there any other GOOD alternatives to weight plates? any easy DIY? And people who have bought plates, how heavy was your first plate? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 May 2020 11:23 AM PDT I started doing the RR two days ago because I got rings, and noticed that I can't even do a pullup, but I everything in the squat progression before the beginner shrimp squat is way too easy. I've been doing some pushups, rows, and some leg exercises before I got rings and still, feels like my legs are much stronger than my upper body, and I have chicken legs! Isn't this probably a form issue, Like, my squats are not performed well? Or is this normal? [link] [comments] |
| Some Questions on SM's Intermediate PPL Routine Posted: 18 May 2020 11:23 AM PDT A few months ago, after a 3 month plateau, I finally decided to move on from the RR and after doing some reading, decided on SM's PPL routine. I've found some exercises I really like, but there are a few slots right now I can't decide how to fill. Currently I'm set on: Pushing primary: parallel ring dips Pushing secondary: parallel ring pushups Pushing assistance: (not sure what these are called but basically rings parallel, doing some vertical shrugging motions with arms straight and tucking my stomach to lift my legs as I drive my shoulders down) Pulling primary: pull-ups (standard shoulder width grip on a bar) Pulling secondary: horizontal ring rows Pulling assistance: ring face pulls Legs: deep step-ups with with a single leg deadlift at the top (works great on my desk, yay quarantine) I keep changing my mind on the core section, however. In the beginning, I just used the core triplet from the RR but found that to be a little too intense personally added on the volume of the overall routine. It's my feeling that if done correctly, every exercise is a core exercise, so adding lots of extra work as I'm still barely breaking into an intermediate routine could be counterproductive. I'm open to changing my mind on this though. (tl;dr) My questions are: 1) Does anyone have any critiques of the exercises I've chosen above? 2) How should I structure core work? Split up days for anti-rotation/extension/anti-extension? Pick one core category a month? Suck it up and do them all every time? Pick an exercise like windshield wipers that incorporates all 3? [link] [comments] |
| Alternative foot placement for Pushups and Planks - Bunion issue Posted: 18 May 2020 11:14 AM PDT Thanks in advance for any advice you can give. I suffer with bunions, especially on my left foot. Since quarantine I've been enjoying finally getting into a decent routine of exercising daily, and am finding incorporating some body weight stuff particularly rewarding. However I've noticed that my bunions actually seem a little more pronounced and sore and I think it's because of the positioning of my feet when doing press-ups and planks driving a weight through my toes which are already out of alignment. Obviously the bunions are a separate issue that I'll be seeing a doctor about but in the meantime I'd love some advice on how I can modify my planks/pushups so that it won't damage my feet because I don't want to have to cut them out of my workout if possible? [link] [comments] |
| Trying to figure out body type Posted: 18 May 2020 10:42 AM PDT Hey everybody, I'm trying to figure out my body type, mesomorph, endo, etc. I've read descriptions and I'm unsure. I'm a 5'7" male, stocky broad shoulders. I easily gain fat but I also easily lose it. If I'm lazy and eating like crap I can easily gain 30 lbs in a matter of like two months. But with a little intermittent fasting (16:8) and jogging and walking I can quickly lose it as well I'm pretty much the same span of time. [link] [comments] |
| HIIT Workout at HOME - Get best version of yourself in QUARANTINE Posted: 18 May 2020 10:41 AM PDT Here the HIIT Workout at home you can do it anywhere just get a warm-up and start the workout . Make sure you warmup atleast 10 minutes before the workout About the workout This workout is divided in 4 sets after each set you have to relax for 30 seconds . And the exersises are of 30 seconds . This workout is for full body HIIT for legs for abs for arms so you'll get a little sore or not also when you do it continue you'll get sore . SET 1 1.Forearms pushups A great exercise for your Triceps this exercise will help you for getting your triceps bigger and stronger with this exercises your core is too targeted so further you gonaa feel a bit sore your core . 2.Pike walk out This exercise is a two for one, targeting BOTH core and shoulder stabilizing muscles. It will primarily target the abdominal muscles, which include the Rectus Abdominis, Transverses Abdominis, External oblique , & Internal oblique. This is an advanced abdominal exercise. If this exercise is too difficult a regression is to place your knees on the sliders instead of your feet. Do it for 30 seconds 3.Plank ups A very effective exercise to workout your shoulder, chest, bicep, triceps, back, abs, obliques and lower back muscles and the best part is that this exercise works out all these body parts in one single repetition. Its a very simple exercise to perform and to do this exercise you don't need any equipment's not even dumbbell or barbell and yet this is a very effective exercise for fat loss and weight loss. Do it for 30 seconds 4.Pause pushup Pause pushup is one of the effective why? So when we do this push-up we hold couple of seconds at down ward and then come up this works as getting lean and pumping your arms and pop out the vens . Do it for 30 seconds . 5.Pike press up Pike press up are great as they can be adjusted to any skill level. Beginner all the way to advanced. The basics are what make you strong! Even though I can do handstand pushups I always find myself coming back to this movement which yields great strength gains . Do it for 30 seconds Stretch out Relax for 30 seconds SET 2 1.Superman's ( alternative ) Do it alternative shown in image doing this exercise will target you core link more and more and help you to build impressive and stronger core and abdomen muscles . Do it for 30 seconds 2.Lat pull forward This exercise is pretty simple and well this can be said as mobility exercise it will stretch you this exercise is best for relaxing a bit where you have to move front a bit and then come backward. Do it for 30 seconds 3.Elbow ground dips This exercise is simple and this exercise will also work for your back as you'll be a little exausted after doing the first set so here you have to relax and stretch a bit .
With the help of your tricep you have to lift yourself as much high as you can so that you'll strech your spine . Do it for 30 seconds 4.Lunge high knees Sit down on your knees and perform this exercise as it will help you for your legs to build up after doing all those upper body stuff Don't go much faster maintain your pace and your position get ready to be exausted a little by doing this exercise . Do it for 30 seconds 5.Double pump Squat Alright so here wo go for the another exersise . This one is pretty easy and effective exercise for building your thigh muscles and it will unlock your hip flexor muscles Here you have to do a normal squat the extra benifit here is you have to do a squat a little half and again do half squat and then come upward . Do it for 30 seconds Stretch out Relax for 30 seconds SET 3 1.Crusty lunges This exercise is generally for single leg but the another leg hamstring targets a little bit and the main thing here is while going from backside to front the split your whole leg muscles are working even the calves when you place your leg backward on your toes. Do it for 30 seconds 2.Two step jump The explosive one this exercise is really a good exersise for building your calves and thigs to be explosive . As you can see it literally feel like your are jumping jack while doing this exercise . Do a two step and jump off as much higher you can this will reasult you to be explosive and afterall by doing this continue you gonna feel a little exausted but don't quit . Do it for 30 seconds 3.Lying leg raises This exercise is basically for your overall abdominal muscles . But for getting a quite warm before going to the main this exercise is best to engage your whole core in single exercise. Bring your legs fast downward as much as you can so that your abs can withstand more weight. Do it for 30 seconds 4.Side crunches One of the best exercises for your ribs situated near obliques is this . This exercise is effective for squeezing your obliques more than any other. Do it for 30 seconds Stretch out Relax for 30 seconds [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 17 May 2020 03:37 PM PDT Because of the current corona virus pandemic many people are forced to stop weightlifting and are forced to train at home. Most of them think that bodyweight training is all about high repetition circuits of pushups and jumping jacks and won't build muscle. This is far from truth. I don't blame these people because most of the time they do not know how to make bodyweight exercises harder. Your muscles only understand 'tension' and for how long the tension is there (time under tention aka TUT). It doesn't matter where does this tension come from. As long as there is tension and progressive overload, you will build muscle. Building muscle and strength in the most efficient way requires you to stay roughly in 3-15 rep range just like you do in weightlifting. And if you know how to make bodyweight movements challenging, you can always stay in this rep range and keep on progressing. Most of the info presented in this post can already be found in the wiki, FAQ and the RR but there the information can be a little hard to find especially for people new to this sub or for people who are new to reddit. This post is an attempt to serve as a one stop solution for such people. I am sure this would be helpful to many of you. The Table of Progressive Calisthenics ElementsIn this video and this video, Matt from Red Delta Project explains 8 different ways to make any bodyweight exercise harder. I will try to explain each one of them as best as I can but if you do not want to read a big wall of text, here is a playlist that you can watch. Feel free to use any method you like or a combination of these methods to make your workouts more challenging in whatever rep range you want to train. 1. Centreline PrincipleTry to bring your hands and/or feet closer to each other towards the centre of your body. For example, close pushups or diamond pushups are harder than normal pushups, feet close together one arm pushups are harder than one arm pushups with feet wide apart, etc. 2. Angle to GravityYour body's position in relation to the angle of gravity can be used to make any movement easier or harder. The more you move against directly towards earth's gravity, harder the exercise is. More upright you are, the easier the exercise is. The more down you get, harder the exercise becomes. For example, decline pushups are harder than regular pushups which are harder than incline pushups, hill sprints are are harder than sprinting on a flat ground, etc. 3. Weight ShiftingThis is about unilateral exercises and assisted unilateral exercises. The more weight of your body you shift towards one side, the harder the movement becomes. For example, one arm pullups (all weight on single arm) are harder than assisted/archer variations (more weight is shifted on a single arm) which are harder than regular pullups (50% weight on each arm). Another application is bringing more weight forward or back. For example, pistol squats with hands stretched forward are easier than pistol squats with hands tucked close to your body. 4. Extension/LeverageDecreased leverage is the key to bodyweight strength." A famous quote from this article which I highly encourage you to read. When you extend your body, you make a movement harder as the center of mass is shifted further away from the joints. This applies to most of the famous static elements you see people doing on instagram. For example, tuck planche is easier than pull planche. This also applies to basic exercises like pushups, leg raises etc. Knee Pushups are easier than standard pushups, hanging knee raises are easier than hanging leg raises etc. 5. Speed/TempoManipulating the speed of your reps can also make a movement easier or harder. This is a little bit different because both increasing and decreasing speed can make a movement more challenging. Example where going fast makes a movement challenging is sprints or any explosive or plyometric exercise that you do. Running faster is harder than running slower, explosive/clapping pullups and pushups are harder than regular pullups and pushups. Example where going slow makes a movement more challenging is any basic bodyweight exercise. Banging out pullups, pushups and squats is easier than using a slow and controlled tempo. 6. Range of TensionFull range of motion are harder than half reps or partial reps. A good example is hands elevated deep pike pushups vs regular pike pushups. Just make sure you are able to maintain muscular tension throughout the range of motion. Dont just fall and let gravity do all the work. Its not about how big motion you can accomplish, its more about how big motion 'with tension' you can accomplish. 7. Weighted Calisthenics/External ResistanceSimple and straight forward. Add extra weight to your pushups, pullups and squats. Bands, chains, etc. can also be used. Just make sure you are using a weight that you can control in whatever rep range you want to train. 8. TimeBasically volume. More sets, more reps = more time under tension = more strength and muscle. Decreased rest times can also be considered here. 3 sets of 10 with 60 seconds rest are harder than 3 sets of 10 with 90 seconds rest between sets. You can also play around with things like rest pause, isometric pauses, timed sets, density training etc. to increase time under tension. So, these were 8 different ways to make any bodyweight exercise easier or harder. Note that all of these methods aim to achieve only one thing, i.e, manipulating tension in one way or the other. This is basically moving on to a harder/easier progression. Thoughts? Opinions? Questions? Comments? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 18 May 2020 09:51 AM PDT What do you guys who use resistance bands use for gloves? Any cheap ones that work well for resistance bands, or other options for protecting your hands? Buying high quality workout gloves seemed like overkill but I just know I'm gonna need something if I want to make any progress. [link] [comments] |
| How to structure a planche workout for a beginner. Posted: 18 May 2020 02:33 AM PDT I have a problem with how to make an effective planche workout to increase streight arm strenght. My level of pushing is kinda decent but my body is not use to this planche position, I do planche in floor so it is even harder. My level is i can hold for a pretty long time a handstand , i can do 3 wall assisted perfect form HSPU , i can even go from frogstand to handstand and I can do planche lean push-ups and holds , but when it comes to tuck planche I don't find balance and my wrists start to hurt before my shoulders , so I don't know what to do to progress I planche and hold a solid tuck and adv tucked planche. Any suggestions , tips or exercices to do in my planche workout ? [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from Reddit's Bodyweight Fitness Community . To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
No comments:
Post a Comment