Weight loss: Today is my birthday and I hit my goal weight! |
- Today is my birthday and I hit my goal weight!
- I got turned down and I feel great
- The Reason Why..
- Don‘t exercise
- I broke my plateau and now at my lowest weight
- Not overweight, for the first time ever!
- I'm getting rid of my "fat" clothes
- I feel like crying everytime I see my body in the mirror.
- I don't know if this is the place to talk about this, but I don't really know where else to vent.
- Sorry guys, I straight up just need a little support
- Any motivational weight loss/fitness gain movie or documentary recs?
- Not happy now that I’ve surpassed my goal weight...
- No issues working out, but when it comes to eating...
- 10/70 pounds down. Something feels different this time
- I’ve gained 60 pounds over the last four years and I’m ready for a change.
- Finally got over my plateau
- My obese mom isn't supporting my weight loss
- [Challenge] European Accountability Challenge: May 17th, 2020
- 30 Day Accountability Challenge - Day 16
- ONEDERLAND
- Extemely slow weight loss??
- Thanks to Reddit I've already lost more than I hoped. Progress and some tips that really helped me. 32F/5'7"/SW 86.1kg/ CW 82.1kg/ GW1 (healthy) 73kg / GW2 66kg
- Backsliding...and over it. Help wanted!
| Today is my birthday and I hit my goal weight! Posted: 16 May 2020 09:46 AM PDT A couple months ago I posted here when I hit 26 pounds lost. I've kept it up and I've now lost around 50 pounds! I started my journey at 286 on January 1st. My goal was to hit 235 by today. I usually weigh myself in on Monday mornings, this week I was at 237. I was happy even if it isn't 235 on the dot. I had to weigh myself in today just to see if anything's budged, it showed me at 233! I know weight fluctuates throughout the days & weeks but even if that's not my true weight I'll still be very happy with where I am at. Now I push forward to my next goal weight of 220! Anyways, have a good day or night wherever you are! [link] [comments] |
| I got turned down and I feel great Posted: 16 May 2020 05:58 AM PDT Hey all you beautiful people, hope you're doing good! I just wanted to share this little story with you all. A few months ago I decided to be serious about getting healthier (if anyone wants info on how I got myself to actually do that I can make a post about that too!) and it's actually been going really well. I'm almost down 40 pounds which is huge to me. Anyway, with that loss of weight comes an unexpected side affect, a big ole boosted self confidence. I've been chatting with this girl that I thought was just really awesome and so I decided to shoot my shot. Unfortunately, it didn't work out, but I feel great. This is something I could've never imagined myself doing before I lost the weight and gained that self confidence. I hope this can inspire some of you, and show you one of the many great side effects to losing weight/getting healthier. Stay safe and healthy! ❤️ Edit : wow reading all of these kind responses has made me so happy. I love the lose it community so much. You've been so instrumental in helping with the weight loss. Also, thank you to the kind person for the gold. You're all too sweet ðŸ˜❤️ [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 16 May 2020 05:41 PM PDT One day I went to a local healthy food place to support local businesses and pretend I was eating well. I got off a hard day of work and arrived about 30 minutes before they closed, so I didn't plan on dinning in. I ordered two things: a protein smoothie bowl and a gourmet turkey sandwich with pita chips. I knew I wouldn't beat my late night cravings, but at least I'd have a "healthy" binge right? I waited a while and realized I forgot to mention I wanted to get my food to-go, because I knew they were closing, and didn't want them to think I'm that A*hole. So I walk back up to the counter and say "Sorry, I meant to ask for my food to go." The girl at the counter said, "Oh yeah, I figured because one person isn't going to order two meals" .... I cried the whole way home. .... I never ate the sandwich. That's the reason why I'm here. Why are you here? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 17 May 2020 12:14 AM PDT I hate exercise for the sake of exercise. I don't know if it's the selfserving purpose of it or some psychological blockage because of some bad experiences from PE class back in the days. Whatever it is, when I go climbing with friends, I'm not exercising, I'm socialising. When I do yoga, I'm not exercising, I'm relaxing. When I go hiking, I'm not exercising, I'm enjoying nature. When I go boxing, I'm not exercising, I'm letting off steam. When I do pullups at home, it's so I can have more fun with my friends in the bouldering hall. When I do some squats, it's so I can eventually do that hiking trip my friends babble about since last august. I now life a much healthier and more active lifestyle than a few years ago. But I still don't exercise. Fuck that. [link] [comments] |
| I broke my plateau and now at my lowest weight Posted: 16 May 2020 01:29 PM PDT Finally - I finally broke it. I might be celebrating too early since I normally count the second week as consistent than it being a fluke but I'm just so happy right now. For 15 years, I lose weight, stall at 178lbs, get frustrated and then gain it back again. This happened four times that it became a point that when I made the decision to lose weight now that I'm in a better mental and financial space, I knew I would have to overcome the mental block that I will stall again at 178 lbs And I did. For the past 6 weeks, I kept bouncing between 181 and 178 lbs before I went down to 177 lbs and stayed there for two weeks and today, I am at 174 lbs. this is the lowest weight I can remember since starting my fitness journey when I was 17 years old. So what did I do differently? I kept a bullet journal for my progress. I ditched MFP to write my food log, my meal plan, my workouts and my thoughts surrounded by food. The journal allowed me to look back in one glance to see the holes and the changes I could make. I was able to lose a pound a week even when I didn't track over the weekends. The more I lost, the less my deficit became so, I had to make adjustments. I became stricter with my counting, I calculated a weekly deficit to see where I still have a day without counting (I am more than happy to take a day where I eat whatever but fast the next day) I stopped relying on the scale as much. I actually weighed myself multiple times a day to humble myself - it's just a snapshot at that particular moment with no discrimination. When I started working out, I knew that it would take time for the weight to fall off again. So, I took measurements as well. In April, it looked like I only lost a pound but I lost 3" off my bust and waist and 1" off my chest. I also looked leaner with and I could see pants falling. The scale showed little change but my body did. The weight gain to me was a huge indicator that I needed to up my water intake. I figured that i could give my body no reason to hold on to water. Lastly, remain patient. Or post here to get it off your chest so that it's out of your system. I felt like my venting on here was enough for me to not hold on to the bitterness and disappointment I've felt so that I can move on and continue tracking. It also allowed other people to comment or come up with other strategies to work. So yea, I'm really happy that I finally overcame a huge obstacle that stopped me from progressing further. I hope to see y'all when I break into the 60s range [link] [comments] |
| Not overweight, for the first time ever! Posted: 16 May 2020 05:07 AM PDT Yea, that's pretty much it. I weighed in at 140.6lbs at 5'3.5 with a bmi of 24.9 today. I know a lot of people say BMI is B.S. but, for me, it's important to acknowledge the fact that ever since I got to know what BMI is and started calculating it, this is the first time that I've fallen under the "healthy weight" category. I'm very happy about it even though I'm no where close to my goal weight. It's all about celebrating milestones, right? All of this was just by changing the way I eat and portion control. I haven't been counting calories but I've done that in the past and I'd say I'm averaging between 1200-1500 daily. I intend to count calories and keep proper track of how much protein I'm consuming from June. Also, this is the lightest that I've been in literal years and honestly, it wouldn't have been possible without this community! [link] [comments] |
| I'm getting rid of my "fat" clothes Posted: 16 May 2020 10:35 AM PDT My weight has fluctuated a lot over the past 5 years, I lose 20 pounds and gain 30, lose 30 and gain 10, lose 5 and gain 15, and so on. Each time I lost weight I would never get rid of my bigger clothes "just in case" I needed them again. I'm doing away with that mentality this time. I am getting rid of my bigger clothes that way if I do start to gain weight again, I can't just easily put on a pair of my bigger pants and pretend not to notice. As someone who loves fashion I'm hoping that this serves as a good motivator. Every time I lose a few sizes, I can get a few new pieces of clothing and donate or sell the bigger ones until I reach a sustainable maintenance weight. I've lost ~35 pounds this year since the end of January through just diet (CICO) and minimal low impact exercise (walking 2-3 miles most days). Once I get down to about 195 pounds I plan on adjusting my exercise program to be more intense (HIIT and weight lifting) but right now I want to just focus on my diet. [link] [comments] |
| I feel like crying everytime I see my body in the mirror. Posted: 16 May 2020 12:29 PM PDT I dont know really where else to post this and thought maybe some people could help me here, hopefully. I'm 19f, around 5'7 feet tall and weigh around 282 pounds. I don't know how it happen but suddenly some clothes didn't fit, I ate more and then suddenly I got a lot of stretch marks. I have tried many things over the span of 3 years, tried shakes, going to the gym, tried eating healthy but then just went back to buying snacks, candy and sugary drinks (energy drinks most of the time). I lose motivation all the time. This year, I told myself I wanted to get better. I was fighting depression and anxiety and finally feeling better, but I'm still at the same spot. Yesterday I was organising my wardrobe, and tried clothes on. A shirt that usually sat loose, was tight. I'm sorry for rambling but I feel like I'm desperate. How can I keep being motivated? How can I do this? Where do I begin? If you have any advice or something, please share with me, cause I don't know what to do. [link] [comments] |
| I don't know if this is the place to talk about this, but I don't really know where else to vent. Posted: 17 May 2020 12:26 AM PDT I'm a 34 year old male who is a week away from graduating college with my BS. I've posted that I got a job that starts in a month on Facebook and it's a really great first job out of college that pays well. So I'm proud of myself for the amount of effort I put in looking for work and finding a good job. But here's the thing, I'm 380 pounds. College was super stressful for me. It took me 5 years to complete going full time. I gained a significant amount of weight over the last 10 years because I was poor, didn't feel adequate in life, and struggle with feelings of unworthiness. I've desired love for so long and I always blame my weight for never finding anyone. I met someone last year, had a 10 month relationship with someone that I loved, but she broke up with me. It made me gain more weight. Recently, within the last 2 days, since my post on FB, I've had three people that know me address their concern with my weight. They are all telling me I need to work on my health and heart. But I know this already and I just don't know why I can't kick the habit of eating. Some days I do okay and some days are garbage with my eating. I live by myself, so I have no one to really hold me accountable when they see me start to make something to eat. Living alone sucks sometimes, but I just don't see myself living with someone else unless I have a larger space. The point is, I want to lose weight. The best shape of my life was when I was 25 and about to go into the Navy. I weighed 210 pounds then at 5'10" and was about 10% body fat. But I made some mistakes, didn't go in last minute, and life started to take a downward spin. I got my life back in order when I entered college 5 years ago. As I said earlier, I'm graduating, starting a new job, and really am looking forward to the gym opening back up so I can swim again. I need to find some strength to moderate my food intake. Right now, it's out of control. So much that it has given me gout or plantars fantiitis. This makes doing a simple walk around the neighborhood hard. Swimming was starting to make me feel good about myself again and it is low impact. I guess I just really needed to say all this. And I don't like everyone coming to me all at once telling me how much I need to know I need to work on my health. It is something that runs through my mind every single day. EVERY SINGLE DAY FOREVER. I never go a day without thinking about my weight, without thinking about if this is the day I'll have a heart attack and die. That's it. Thanks for listening. [link] [comments] |
| Sorry guys, I straight up just need a little support Posted: 16 May 2020 05:55 PM PDT For starters- 25F 5'4 Down 40 lbs (50 from my heaviest) after struggling my entire life with my weight. Usually feel pretty proud of how I'm doing, and I notice that clothes fit differently and that I'm more athletic than ever before. Most of the time I'm good at reasoning with myself 'slow progress is sustainable' 'you're building life long habits' 'this isn't a race' etc... Lately I'm a little down- I keep seeing progress pics of people with stats similar to mine and I just feel like I don't look As good/as thin/as noticeably different as other people do. My goal weight has changed to 120 because I really thought by 135/130 I'd look much different than I do... I really wanted to buckle down during quarantine (overall I'm strict about 1200/1300 cal a day- have only gone over significantly 2 times and both I still stayed under 2000) and was going down a pound a week, adding in more exercise and overall doing well- but the past 4 weeks I'm jumping up and down the same 2 pounds, I know that's not a long time but it's still been getting to me Sorry for the explosion of feelings- I just feel like I'm annoying my bf/ sister/mom/and BFF obsessing over this all the time and needed to get out my frustration!! [link] [comments] |
| Any motivational weight loss/fitness gain movie or documentary recs? Posted: 16 May 2020 04:39 PM PDT I'm not sure if this is allowed today or ever, as I haven't seen rules directly addressing it, so here it goes, sorry if it's not the time/place. I'm restarting my weight loss journey, and I've been watching a lot of youtube videos, but most of them are the same montage of pictures with some dubstep in the background, and it works, but it gets old really quick. So I wondered if maybe there's some more quality film or documentary about someone organically losing weight by taking on a mission. Something like I decided to trek the Andes, or I decided to build a house, or I did the pilgrimage of Compostela. Something, you know? A mission, where they start very out of shape, and it's hard, and little by little the person starts getting fit and it all becomes easier. I'm sure there must be something like that, but I have no idea where and how to look for it. [link] [comments] |
| Not happy now that I’ve surpassed my goal weight... Posted: 16 May 2020 09:40 PM PDT I reached my goal weight a couple of months ago, but I wasn't as happy with my physique as I thought I'd be. I lost an additional 5 pounds and now I'm down to 103 lbs (I'm 5'0" so that's in the healthy weight range for my height). I think I'll need to lose about 5 more pounds to look exactly as I want to look, but I'm not positive. Has anyone else experienced this when they finally reached their goal weight? Also, if there are other short women on here, would you mind commenting with your height and goal weight? I would like to compare to see if my goal is realistic or not. Even though I technically weigh less than I did in high school, I don't feel like I look as slender as I did back then. I'm hoping someone can provide some insight behind that, otherwise I'll have to consider that I might have a slight case of body dysmorphia. Thanks in advance for any/all responses :) [link] [comments] |
| No issues working out, but when it comes to eating... Posted: 16 May 2020 10:39 PM PDT I am new to this thread and feel a bit embarrassed that I have come to the point where I need to lose weight and have realized I need help with some of my eating habits. I am 20 years old, 5'5, and I currently weigh 170 pounds which is the heaviest I have ever been. I have always been an athlete, and so I genuinely enjoy working out and pushing my body hard. When it comes to food, however, my habits completely overwhelm me and I feel like I can never win. A year ago I was 140 pounds, which is the weight I had sustained for quite a long time and I felt good about, but still knew I could shed a few pounds. Forward to this past year, which has been very difficult for me mentally. I have struggled with depression for many years, and with the stress of college, I gained quite a bit of weight because I often turned to food. Since I've been back home because of the pandemic, I've had some time to see my psychiatrist and have been able to work on getting myself out of that dark place. One of the many things that came up in our discussion were my issues with comfort/binge eating. I've also gotten back into a steady and challenging workout schedule, but the comfort/binge eating can ruin all of that. Here's how a day typically goes: in the morning I have steel cut outs with a bit of brown sugar and strawberries. I usually snack around lunch, on some nuts or a bar, and other times I have a full on meal but it is typically healthy. When it comes to dinner and dessert, that's where it all goes down hill. I'll have one plate, and then another, and then a little more. I then proceed to shove my face with dessert afterwards. I could even feel uncomfortably full and still continue to eat. I get so incredibly frustrated with myself afterwards...and I continue to stay at 170 and essentially nothing changes. Every morning I vow not to indulge, but then I find myself succumbing again and again. I know I have what it takes to lose this weight, and I know I am capable of eating healthy and staying disciplined because I have done it before. But this is an issue that always finds its way back in, and I want to eradicate it once and for all. I was hoping if anyone has had similar experiences...I'm really trying to nip this in the butt now, so I don't have to deal with it 10 years down the road. I have considered going to see a nutritionist as well. I have also been recently keeping a journal about my eating habits. Any feedback is so appreciated and welcome, I look forward to anyone's perspective! Thank you (-: [link] [comments] |
| 10/70 pounds down. Something feels different this time Posted: 16 May 2020 11:28 PM PDT I was always quiet thin until i turned 25. I lived with a toxic housemate with an eating disorder who would make snide remarks any time I ate anything even remotley high in calories. This lead me to eat in secret. Like food was now a game and I was winning because she didn't know. Then alot of shitty things happened in close succesion and I turned to food. I slowly put on 3 stone, but in the last year ive gained another 3. My face doesnt look like me anymore and my stomach now sits on my legs. I've tried so many times over the last few years to loose weight but always quit after loosing 10 - 14 pounds. Last october I even managed 20. Two weeks ago I looked in the mirror and something clicked inside me. That I needed to loose weight for my health, not because it will look better. I want to run again. I want the freedom of going for a run or lunging and squating without feeling like im carrying a child on my back. I want to be happy and confident again. Over the last 3 years Ive refused to speak to men as Im terrified they will reject me because of my weight, I'm embarressed around my friends because i know they think im lazy. I want to loose this weight so badly and have lost 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks. (1500- 1700 kcals a day and more movement). I havent forced any grueling excercise routines just tryed to improve. My question for people who have lost over 50 pounds is: how did you stop yourself from quitting? What happened that was different to before? On one hand I really feel like I'm going to do it this time, but on the other I know I'm aproaching the point I normally quit. I'd really love to hear your tips. [link] [comments] |
| I’ve gained 60 pounds over the last four years and I’m ready for a change. Posted: 16 May 2020 11:37 AM PDT I'm 25/F 5'9 and started out at 222.2lbs as of three weeks ago. I am down 7.3 and currently weigh in at 214.8 this morning. Ive always worked out but I never really watched what I ate. Somehow I've still managed to gain so much weight. I am being conscious of what I eat and making cleaner choices, and I am drinking a replacement meal protein shake everyday for lunch (protein powder, banana, PB, chia, flax, almond milk). I also have been letting up for probably two meals on the weekends (and then feeling guilty for it). I am nervous for my progress or that it "won't work" for me. I think 7 pounds is pretty slow for the first month considering how overweight I am (BMI in the obese category). I've been reading this forum for tips and appreciate this group so much! Does anyone whose further along in their journey have any basic tips or experiences similar to mine? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 16 May 2020 10:18 PM PDT Hello everyone, It' an update to my previous weight loss plateau post . I was very much affected by not seeing any difference despite the effort I put . I was on the verge of giving up and went through a few tough days where I didn't feel like working out and counting calories had become annoying. Recently I m much into self-development, it really helped me get motivated and over the depressing phase I hated. I began working out and eating healthy and felt a lot better . I have total control over what I eat and I have lost the appetite for junk and ice-cream. This morning I got on my scale and was dumbfounded to see that I lost 3lbs . This is all I worked so hard far. Weight loss isn't about fad diets , it' s a change of lifestyle. Consistency is key . This is the beginning for me , am awaiting for the day when I ll be able to get into my favourite sweater which I ve been saving for years . [link] [comments] |
| My obese mom isn't supporting my weight loss Posted: 16 May 2020 06:01 AM PDT So yeah, this is pretty much the problem. I'm 16 yo now and I used to be very fat, around 100 kgs. My mom is around 120 kgs. I've lost 24 kgs since October. At first, my mom said she's proud of me and supported me but when I reached like 83 kgs, it has started to change. She started baking more pies and encouraged me to eat it, or encouraged me to take a break. So I did and I let myself go a bit... and I gained 2 kilograms back (from 75 to 77). Then I said enough and hopped back on the train. She wasn't happy about it and we had several fights over food. The problem is that she isn't eating very unhealthy but very big portions. I of course control my portions which led to my rye bread being too old, or rotten fruits, ham, cheese etc because I don't consume 200grams of pasta with a lot of meat and meat sauce like her. I decided we need to have a serious talk, it was very long and it seemed like she finally understood my feelings about my weight. She agreed on supporting me. But that didn't last long. I actually feel really good now, I have more self esteem, I'm much more fitter. We started having fights over my eating again, she says that my veggies and fruits are too expensive, so I say "then don't buy that much of them?" So she says that if she wouldn't I'd eat it all and there wouldn't be anything left for her. On the other hand, when I don't eat it, it rotts because she doesn't eat it anyway. She tells me I look much worse, that I don't have any boobs and that's ugly, that my belly and thighs are still big, that I look unhealthy etc but I think I look better compared to when I was so fat. I had a double chin etc... It ended up with me doing my school things which takes me about 5 hours every day, 2 hours of walking and jogging, an hour of work out, cooking my own lunch, my own breakfast and my own dinner, cleaning up my room etc. So every day I'm very busy, almost with no time to just sit for a few minutes and read or watch something like the other kids that are in quarantine. She basically things that she's a pro nutritionist since she watched some program on tv about losing weight, and I, who actually lost it with plenty of veggies, protein and sport, am doing it all wrong. She also used to say that she will start losing weight with me, but it was like: "since I won't be able to eat this and this when I'll eat healthy, I need to eat it one last time, so I'll start next week. Guess what, she didn't. Sometimes I think that she's jealous because I was able to lose weight but she thinks she isn't. Also, she still buys chips and unhealthy snacks which makes it even harder for me to stick to my diet. [link] [comments] |
| [Challenge] European Accountability Challenge: May 17th, 2020 Posted: 16 May 2020 10:48 PM PDT Hi team Euro accountability, I hope you're all well! For anyone new who wants to join today, this is a daily post where you can track your goals, keep yourself accountable, get support and have a chat with friendly people at times that are convenient for European time zones. Check-in daily, weekly, or whatever works best for you. It's never the wrong time to join! Anyone and everyone are welcome! Tell us about yourself and let's continue supporting each other. Let us know how your day is going, or, if you're checking in early, how your yesterday went! Share your victories, rants, problems, NSVs, SVs, we are here! [link] [comments] |
| 30 Day Accountability Challenge - Day 16 Posted: 16 May 2020 03:02 PM PDT Hello losers, I hope you're enjoying the weekend my fluffy monsters! Weight by end of month (200 lbs, preferably trend weight): 204.6 this morning. Stay within calorie range (1500 ish): 1550 planned. 2/2 weekly calorie average in goal, minus maintenance Mondays. Exercise 5 days a week: I would like a rest day but I also need to get after some cleaning, so, ehhh? 14/16 days. Self-care time (journaling, working on love journals, beauty treatments, drawing 0/15 days): Down time today. Time to plug into my introvert battery. Reading, writing, working on some job skills, super hobbit mode activated. I'm also working on transitioning to full on unsweetened almond milk because it means more pudding & coffee. I'm going to make sugar free cheesecake pudding with cherries tonight & damn if that doesn't feel super indulgent. Try a new recipe once a week: Cowboy caviar, dry navy & black beans to plump ready to cook/freeze beans (cheaper & easier to store than canned beans YMMV), 15 bean soup with ham & sweet roasted chickpeas with nuts so far. 3.5/5 weeks. 50 pages of The Body Keeps the Score: Sitting down with this right meow, goal is at least 10 pages tonight. 10/50 pages. No fast food, candy from the work dish or Starbucks: Check. 16 day streak no fast food, gift card only Starbucks, 3 candy related lapses in judgement. Listen to my effing body: Feeling a wee bit of fatigue. Gonna let myself have a rest day. Be more mindful & express gratitude, avoid the hedonic treadmill: I have spent time being productive, care taking for me & mine & being an utter bum today. Sometimes life is that tasty balance. I wrote my SO a letter in Spanish & that felt very special & fun. How's you? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 16 May 2020 10:13 AM PDT I'm not sure exactly how much I weighed when I started calorie counting on 3/30, but I know my highest weight at one point was 223. I think I might've been a little less than that when I started though. Anyway, today I stepped on the scale, and it said 198.2! That's 25 pounds down overall. I am really pleased with my progress so far. I eat around 1,300 calories per day and do Beachbody home workouts daily. I've had one cheat day total and have skipped maybe 5 days of working out overall, but I doubled up on other days to account for that. I've always seen some people say that they struggled to diet for years, and one day something just clicked and they were finally successful! I could never understand that and I wanted it to happen for me. This time IT DID HAPPEN. I can't explain it, it's just like I finally got sick of making excuses. I saw a fitness account on Instagram say something like: "6 months is going to go by regardless, so you can either be exactly where you are right now in 6 months (unhappy, insecure, miserable), or you can be a lot closer to where you want to be." For some reason, that struck a cord with me! Anyway, I'm really grateful for this sub. I'm really looking forward to posting my own progress photos in another 50 pounds or so! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 17 May 2020 01:13 AM PDT I started my weight loss journey on 28th March at 76kgs. In just 10 days i reached 75 and i was really happy about it. But then it stopped and my weight started to fluctuate a lot everyday (even went upto 76.5 higher than starting weight). So i waited patiently and was very consistent. I read that I am gonna see a whoosh! in few weeks. After 4 weeks my weight decreased by just 1 kg. This really depressed me as i was hoping much much more. Now i am stuck at 74 since last 10 days. I know weight loss is a very long journey but i think my weight lose is extemely slow than lost people who are my weight and height (2 kgs in 5-6 weeks). Any advice or suggestion on how can i make it faster or why it's so slow is greatly appreciated. Height: 5'3 following CICO (1300 calories) with 1-1.5 hours of cardio everyday. Thank you! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 16 May 2020 10:10 AM PDT Hi guys, I just wanted to thank you all for your supportive comments, informative posts and encouraging replies to my questions, and share / shout out to the tips that I've found helpful. 3 weeks ago I came home from the doctor in tears - I thought I weighed 80kg and was a little overweight but just from a vanity point of view, instead the doctors scales told me I was 86.1kg and about 1kg away from actual, proper, not just looking bad obesity. I came home and went under the covers and cried and wrote some hopeless comments about how I felt. It felt like a long hard battle ahead. For the next 3 weeks I started fully tracking my calories, aiming for 1200 with a little flexibility, and extending my natural tendency not to eat breakfast a bit later to be closer to OMAD or IF with a 6 or 8 hour eating window - really it was up to me every day to just try for a longer fast and then eat when I really felt like it, nothing strict. - the first week I was more like 1500 most days and had a few glasses of wine on two occasions. Week 2 I had less of an appetite and ate 700 a few days but would eat 1400 or 1500 the day after. I watched my nutrients and would eat extra if I was under my protein or my vitamins looked low. I didn't seem to be hitting my vitamin goals even if I had a load of veg and this worried me but I switched from MFP to chronometer and paid attention to the foods I was adding as many just don't have the vitamins listed for that food. I'm mostly eating the sort of food I ate anyway. I basically make everything from scratch anyway so I had no big easy wins to get rid of like soda, sweets, biscuits, takeaway or ready meals. So even though that's a good thing I felt like it would be harder for me and was jealous of people saying they could just cut out their 2litres of cola a day, because I knew I was eating the right stuff just eating too much of it. So I felt I had an uphill battle ahead against my appetite... But I've seen my appetite go down considerably. This has been hard work but just in the sense that I've had to be doing it full time - it takes energy. But not hard like I'm fighting my desire to eat or anything. My desire to succeed is currently greater which is what's allowing me to put into practice all the good common sense advice I couldn't follow before when my desire to eat was greater. I think this is really important. People like to advise you how to lose weight, but you do know how to lose weight. That's why the advice feels so patronising. I knew how to lose weight but I couldn't follow the advice. I feel really really grateful that I'm feeling good and motivated so far and it's allowing me to follow the good advice and common sense that previously felt like a fight between my willpower and my desire to eat. My willpower is MY will - and previously my will was to keep eating as much as I felt like, and now my will is to lose weight and emerge from lockdown in some sort of glittering sequinned body stocking and dazzle everyone. Anyway, just under 3 weeks in - I've lost 4kg. Admittedly some of that must be water weight but it's great for the motivation. I'm really pleased. I don't think I look different but then it's hard to tell because I was so confused about my body image - I put on 6kg without noticing because I looked in the mirror and just saw me looking fat - it just felt binary. Anyway hopefully the scales keep giving me good news! I wanted to shout out and share the tips I've found the most helpful, mostly from Reddit posts and comments
I still have around 10kg to lose but it feels really possible now. I want to get to a normal BMI before trying for a baby, and this initially felt like such a huge mountain. It's being chipped away at and faster than I hoped. Thank you to everyone on r/loseit , r/cico, r/intermittentfasting for helping me get started. Edit: sorry, horrible formatting [link] [comments] |
| Backsliding...and over it. Help wanted! Posted: 16 May 2020 09:24 PM PDT Hi All, I have been on this community for a bit and made good progress, but the lockdown has knocked out a lot of things. I am gorging from home, mostly from stress and trying to deal with my kiddo and my students and their issues. I no longer get to walk between classes and daily gym and weekend long run are gone. I cannot seem to stop eating like shit, am totally unmotivated to log my meals, and although I can go for long walks, I cant seem to muster more. I am not ok. I don't have good stress management mechanisms. I need help on how to fix this. I have erased my progress so far this year but I refuse to let it get worse. Help! [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from loseit - Lose the Fat. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
No comments:
Post a Comment