Weight loss: [Challenge] Loseit's Great Detectives - Week 5 |
- [Challenge] Loseit's Great Detectives - Week 5
- Swap out "I might as well have it" for "every bite matters" !
- Has anyone seen 100 lbs lying around?
- To all the other perfectionists out there: Practice half-assing things
- Going from obese to overweight is a bittersweet thing (and a story about critical coworkers)
- The Adam Ruins Everything episode about Weight Loss is why I was ok with being obese for a long time
- It’s amazing how good 5 lbs down is already making me feel
- [NSV] I just went for a 40 minute brisk walk, and didn't get winded
- Why do people insist on telling me I don't need to lose any more weight, even tough I'm still overweight
- After a breakup
- Society normalizing disordered eating?
- 18lbs down and I don’t fit in my interview clothes anymore!
- I’M OFFICIALLY HALFWAY THROUGH MY WEIGHT LOSS
- Super proud of myself!! Little improvements are the best feeling
- should've made this post 2.5 weeks ago but its an anniversary for me
- My parents’ comments are discouraging me from losing weight...
- [26F 5'2] Feeling discouraged because I can't seen to get over my weight loss plateau
- I'm proud of my progress
- Helpful mindset change
- [Challenge] European Accountability Challenge: May 16th, 2020
- 30 Day Accountability Challenge - Day 15
- I lost 5 pounds
- I've lost 15 lbs
| [Challenge] Loseit's Great Detectives - Week 5 Posted: 15 May 2020 06:45 AM PDT |
| Swap out "I might as well have it" for "every bite matters" ! Posted: 15 May 2020 11:40 AM PDT Today my mother brought home a box with six gigantic brownie pieces. I had half piece and was feeling satisfied and not hungry anymore, but my brain wanted more of that sugary fatty stuff and I came SO CLOSE to telling myself "oh well. You already had a piece, might as well finish it. And have one more. And one more" you know how it goes. BUT I DIDN'T. As I am relatively small, it is very easy for me to eat my maintenance or above in calories. On previous days, I had noticed that if I had cut out even one or two items from my daily intake, I would have been in a deficit. So instead I told myself "maybe this small piece you aren't eating is going to get you the deficit you are looking for today." this also gave me time to breathe and drink some water. So I put the piece back and didn't look back. I have no sense of regret and deprivation whatsoever and instead I feel like I gained something ! I'm so proud of myself for not giving in to the impending binge ! Probably had too much for dinner though but oh well, I'm calling it a win anyways. Hope this resonates with some of you ! Edit : idk why I feel like I need to justify editing on reddit but here goes. Formatting and wording, because I wrote a word t w i c e . Edit 2 : Wow thanks for the silver, the kind comments, and good luck to those who are struggling ! Hopefully seeing my little blue icon everywhere in the comments isn't too annoying, but replying to (most of) these gave me some motivation today ! [link] [comments] |
| Has anyone seen 100 lbs lying around? Posted: 15 May 2020 07:23 PM PDT I seem to have lost it! If you see it, tell it thank you very much, but I won't be needing it anymore. I am officially in the "healthy weight" range for my height! I just have 10-20 more lbs to go to be right in the middle of the healthy range. It is starting to get harder, I think I'll need to mix my workouts up a little. Also, lately I'm having a hard time eating enough. I'm supposed to be getting around 1500 calories a day, and for the last week I've been lucky to get 1200. Yesterday I only got 900. I'm trying to eat more throughout the day, but I'm honestly not hungry. I think it's the warmer weather? Does it matter if I don't get enough if I feel ok? If it's the end of the day and I'm short, do I need to eat even if I'm not feeling hungry? Or do I just enjoy not needing to eat and trust that I'll feel hungry again eventually? [link] [comments] |
| To all the other perfectionists out there: Practice half-assing things Posted: 15 May 2020 11:18 AM PDT I am someone who certainly has a perfectionist mindset when it comes to many things in my life - which turns out to be really unproductive! If I feel like I can't do something excellently, then I don't try at all or I beat myself up for my imperfection. This has come into play in my lose-it efforts in a lot of negative ways. I feel like if I'm going to exercise then I need to consistently do it 4-5 times a week and those workouts better be good! The pressure I put on myself results in me not even trying to exercise at all. In tracking calories I feel like if I go over my allotment then I'm a failure and I might as well eat that whole pizza... Today I was talking through some of these issues with my therapist and she gave me really wonderful advice: Practice half-assing things. It kind of blew my mind that I can intentionally decide to do something and not do it all that well. Exercise doesn't have to be a 3 mile run followed by intense lifting, it can be a 20 minute walk with my coffee if that is what I need that day. Its certainly better than beating myself up and doing nothing at all. I'm trying to also not get caught up in the idea that I must do something a certain number of times per week, or I'm a failure and instead I'm trying to take things day by day. The amount of pressure that is relieved when I think that way is astounding! I found that I can apply this to a lot of different things in my life, too, and so I can practice half-assing for activities that have less consequences to build up my "imperfectionist stamina". (For example, I like to journal but my perfectionist self says that if I don't do it every day or for a certain length of time, then its not good enough. I can practice half-assing journaling by making time day by day when I can, and I can write 2 sentences if that is all I want to do.) Other perfectionists - let me know how this mindset has set you back with your lose it journey and what other strategies you are using to get past it! Edit: thank you for all the responses! It's really nice to know I'm not alone in trying to break this thought cycle. [link] [comments] |
| Going from obese to overweight is a bittersweet thing (and a story about critical coworkers) Posted: 15 May 2020 01:57 PM PDT I saw a comment about a month ago (i spent like an hour looking for it to no avail ðŸ˜) that said it's hard going from obese to overweight because you no longer see yourself as just "fat"- you see yourself as an overweight thin person. I know that may not make sense- they said it WAY better than me. But I know what they mean. ACTUAL QUOTE FOUND!!: (thank you r/_herbal ) I commented something like this a few weeks ago it's possible it was me lol. As you lose weight you go from looking like a fat person to looking like a thin person carrying extra weight and it's a weird thing to mentally adjust to. To other people who don't know you, you're just overweight- someone who could lose weight but chooses not to. Someone who is lazy and just content with being overweight. But when you're obese, I think people just see it as someone who is just fat. It's a weird in between to be in. You're at the far end of clothing shopping. You're almost to being "skinny" but you're not. Being overweight is like being an "almost" if that makes any sense. To other people, I sometimes feel I look lazy just because I am now overweight. But what they don't know is that I'm a 17 year old who worked her ass off to lose 60 pounds!! A coworker the other day also said some kind-of harsh things to me that got to me. She's new at work, and is a personal trainer. She first congratulated me on my weight loss and then questioned how I did it. She criticized me for not focusing on macros, saying that counting calories was kind of a waste of time. She said "so do you watch what you eat, what you put into your body? Do you care about any of that?". I told her I focus on getting around 70-80 grams of protein and a good amount of fats, but I mainly count calories. she then said to me, "did you take any classes on this because it sounds like you know a lot about this subject". Mcscuse me bitch?? I worked my ass off to get here. It really hurt to be honest. I felt like everything I did wasn't good enough. I'm not "skinny" or "fit-looking" enough yet. I felt like I did stuff wrong, and that what I did to lose the weight was almost inadequate. It sucked. She's 28 too! It felt like a bully said it to me. Anyways, rant over. Weight loss can be so mentally exhausting some days. edits: grammar edit 2: Thank you everyone. I haven't gotten any negative comments about my weight loss, so it had really shocked me. It's nice to be able to come on this subreddit and y'all about, because i know you guys 1. sometimes have more experience than me 2. are going/have been through the same thing 3. know how i am feeling and that is a great thing to have. My dad suggested i do my best to change the subject in a kind way, and maybe ask her what her favorite sports are and such, and to also avoid her fitness talk if all else fails. Thank you all- seriously!!! [link] [comments] |
| The Adam Ruins Everything episode about Weight Loss is why I was ok with being obese for a long time Posted: 15 May 2020 06:24 PM PDT For fans of Adam Conover out there, I'm sure you've seen this episode. It follows a charming, overweight/obese man who struggles with losing weight, while Adam debunks his misconceptions about weight loss, the sugar industry, extreme weight loss television, and general self-worth. There's a lot to appreciate about this episode. It convincingly critiques the prevalence of processed sugar in modern diets and how it poses enormous risks to heart health and waistlines. It also takes a jab at those awful weight loss shows like The Biggest Loser. Adam makes great points about how "low fat" does not automatically mean "healthy", and how the extreme weight loss methods portrayed on television are incredibly harmful and unsustainable. Where this episode REALLY suffers is in the positive takeaway segment. Since his show is guided by facts, published scientific studies, and critical thinking, I assumed that the final portion of the show would revolve around how weight loss is only realistically achieved through creating a calorie deficit below your TDEE and maintaining that through food tracking. Instead, the episode takes a bizarre turn into r/fatlogic territory. He makes a few salient points about how we should be kinder to ourselves and make small changes to improve our health, but then makes a weird claim that a UCLA study found that there's no direct link between weight and health?? I can't find anything about that study, and that sounds way under-researched, which is very off brand. He encourages us to not make a big deal about our weight and love ourselves for "who we are", but this is problematic. You can "love yourself" while still taking calculated long-term steps towards losing weight and improving your health, they aren't mutually exclusive. It's weird of him to try and separate weight loss and emotion, only to end the episode saying "love yourself and forget about losing weight!" For a long time I took his word as gospel since his show is usually so well researched, which is why I stopped caring about losing weight for many years. But this messaging is misleading, careless, and inaccurate. Anyone can lose weight by creating and maintaining a caloric deficit. Also in the second act of the episode, he takes a crack at calorie tracking, essentially saying that since it's not 100% totally accurate, there's no point in doing it. Again, misleading and incorrect. While it may not be completely numerically accurate, there's an entire body of work that proves that the psychological and behavioral changes that come from tracking your food intake lead to long term weight loss. Aaaaaand this is u/AstroGrizzly ruins everything! [link] [comments] |
| It’s amazing how good 5 lbs down is already making me feel Posted: 15 May 2020 11:02 AM PDT I've been working out hard every day, intermittent fasting on most days, and drinking Soylent for one or two meals a day. Also, as a bonus, one thing I've been doing is adding a cost to any treats. For example, if I want to have a White Claw, each one costs me 10 push ups and 10 kettlebell curls. Helps me to incentivize my sporadic workouts!! I'm a 25 year old man who has used food as a coping mechanism for too long, and it has killed my self esteem. I'm getting after it now!!! [link] [comments] |
| [NSV] I just went for a 40 minute brisk walk, and didn't get winded Posted: 15 May 2020 08:11 PM PDT For a quite a while now I haven't been able to go on walks with my wife in the evenings, because I've just been too slow. I could only walk for a minute or so before needing to slow to a crawl to catch my breath. Tonight I decided I need to start adding exercise to my CICO weight loss, and went on a brisk 40-minute walk around the neighborhood with my wife. I managed to walk the whole thing (which has several slight hills) while carrying on a conversation the entire way. I never felt winded, and I never had to slow down significantly. It feels so awesome!!! I've been "trying" to lose weight off and on for almost 5 years now. When I first started thinking about losing weight, I was 240 lbs, but before I started getting serious last month I had peaked at 320 lbs. I've noticed a few key differences in my approach this time that have really made it much more easy to be successful:
Anyway, tonight may seem like a fairly small thing, but for me it's pretty huge, and I'm super excited to start adding exercise to my weight loss strategy! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 15 May 2020 11:43 PM PDT I've been on sick leave since the end of January and lost around 12kg since then. Yesterday I went to see my coworkers and they were very happy for me, but one in particular stood out in telling me I don't need to lose any more, just work on mainting and blah blah. She was so adamant, even after I told her I could still lose 25kg and be in a healthy BMI range. She is also fit and thin, so Idon'tknow why she'd tell me this. I am still in the obese category (not for long now, tho!) and even tho my body is pretty proportional, I just want to be smaller and lighter. She is also not the only one commenting this, my grandmother being another example. Why do people do this? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 15 May 2020 08:04 PM PDT My girlfriend of 13 months broke up with me on Monday and I picked my stuff up from her house today (Thursday). Although it hurts immensely I don't want to just lay in my bed all day listening to music and moping about while I'm not at work. I want to lose weight since it's been a goal of mine and I figured losing weight and exercising would be a good thing to help me get over the relationship. But as long as I've wanted to lose weight I've never tried to and learned more about how. I'm a 19 year old guy weighing 275 pounds. Most of that weight is on my chest and stomach. To me my arms and legs are fine I'm okay with how they look. I have to exercise my legs all the time due to some health issues and my arms are basically "working out" because of my job. It's just my stomach and chest that I don't like [link] [comments] |
| Society normalizing disordered eating? Posted: 15 May 2020 09:58 AM PDT Sorry if this is the wrong sub for this post! If there's a better sub for it let me know.... So. I've been obsessed with losing weight, my body image, and food essentially since I was in the 6th grade. 15 years later, and still, those are the thoughts that occupy my mind the most. I'm constantly thinking about my next meal or the next time I'm going to eat, sometimes while I'm eating. I've been counting calories on/off for 15 years and now I've memorized the calorie count of most food. Even when I'm occupied with another activity, that small voice in the back of my head is constantly chanting the word "food." My mood instantly changes for the better when I have food in front of me. And when I'm having a bad day, eating instantly makes it better. I even structure my daily schedule around my meals. I plan those first, then plan what to do to fill the times in between eating. I'm not sure if it's just the people that I surround myself with, but I feel like my friends are the same way? And I feel like this is generally considered the "norm" on social media. My friends and I are constantly talking about food. We're always talking about how much we want to eat, how much we're eating, or how much we ate. I feel like it's gotten to the point where we've also just normalized binging. We're always joking about how we "literally ate an entire box of mac and cheese last night and a pint of Ben and Jerry's for dessert." And when we're together it always end up with a trip to target to buy 8 kinds of snacks to binge on. I've noticed on social media too, there's a constant feed of memes about food or about how all girls want is to "eat all day without getting fat". It's always a competition between girls (at least with my friends) to be the girl who can eat whatever she wants and not gain weight. At the same time, I also feel like this whole promotion of unhealthy eating has become SO exaggerated. For example, my friends will post their 5-course calorie dense meal on Instagram, but the reality of the situation is that they'll eat the salad and hardly touch the rest. Or they will order the eggs benedict with hash browns and a Bloody Mary at brunch, and joke about how they can't wait to go home and sit on couch with a bag of chips. But the reality of the situation and what they don't tell you is that the rest of the week they're only having a protein shake for dinner. I've never felt alone in my obsession with food because the people and media I surround myself with promote it. On one hand, it's nice to not feel ashamed about eating an entire box of pizza alone in my living room, but on the other hand, is this preventing me from recognizing an actual problem? Everything has become so blurred and it's just become so difficult to even know what a healthy relationship with food looks like. [link] [comments] |
| 18lbs down and I don’t fit in my interview clothes anymore! Posted: 15 May 2020 04:08 PM PDT I got a call tonight that I'll be interviewing at the bakery my roommate is the assistant manager at! Yay! (I work for the county schools on a 10 month contract but that's up in June and I need income). I came home from seeing my mom today and tried on my business clothes that were purchased 1.5+ years ago that I wore often up until March of last year. I pulled all of my professional attire out, none of it fits! After trying on two skirts and one pair of pants, I thought hey, I wonder if that skirt from high school would fit? Spoiler: it didn't fit, but it did zip up!!! I bought it my sophomore year of high school!! Then I thought, well if that skirt fits, the size 14 Gap dress I got 1.5 years ago might fit. Sure enough, it did!!! Like a glove! I haven't seen much of a physical change in my body aside from more defined curves and a little bit of collar bone. But this has been SO exciting for me. Now to find something I can wear before Monday!!! Hope you all are doing well! [link] [comments] |
| I’M OFFICIALLY HALFWAY THROUGH MY WEIGHT LOSS Posted: 15 May 2020 11:12 AM PDT Between September 2019 and March 2020 I gained 33lbs due to medication and stress eating, which made me reach my all-time highest weight of 156 lbs (I'm 5'5F). Around two and a half months ago I had a wake-up call and realized how much I hated my current physique so I planned a cut in order to go back to my previous weight. To be honest I've been really struggling to diet and there have definitely been a few binges that tempted me to give up, but I'm thankful I didn't because as of today I have reached 139 lbs, which means I'm halfway through my journey to 123lbs. I know it doesn't sound like much, for instance I browse subs like r/fasting and r/omad a lot and I constantly see people losing like 50lbs in one month, but to me it's a huge achievement because I have serious issues with binging and portion control. It's incredibly hard for me to force myself to eat less and healthier, but rn I'm more motivated than ever because my efforts have finally paid off and I can't wait to reach my GW. [link] [comments] |
| Super proud of myself!! Little improvements are the best feeling Posted: 16 May 2020 02:42 AM PDT So a few days ago I had to go to a type1 diabetes clinical appt (I'm a teenager with type 1 so losing weight can be hard for me!) And even though I'm still overweight I've lost 2 kgs in the last 2 months during quarantine/lockdown!! Down to 86.1kgs!! I am super proud of myself and it's making me feel alot more confident. I am super self-conscious about my weight and the fact that I cant fast etc because I'll have a hypoglycemic and then have to eat really sugary foods. Little improvements make me feel so much more confident! Sidenote- 86.1kgs to lbs is roughly 189pounds. My next goals is deciding to try get to 180 pounds. Working with pounds rather than kgs is weirdly helpful for me. [link] [comments] |
| should've made this post 2.5 weeks ago but its an anniversary for me Posted: 15 May 2020 08:06 PM PDT april 27th was the day I hit my goal weight 1 year ago. it was also in the month of april 3 years ago that I decided to loose weight in the first place. I cant describe how much it has affected my life. honestly it hasn't just made my life better with the undeniable health benefits etc but it has taught me discipline that I simply never possessed before. it taught me how to make myself actually do things. maybe that sounds funny but its something I had to learn. I spent my life really lazy and just kinda letting life act upon me. my life was entirely leisure. I never tried in school, never tried at work, never tried regarding my health, never tried with relationships, never tried at things I was actually really good at like music. pretty much lazy with everything. loosing weight was truly the first stepping stone towards learning how to discipline myself. it was seriously the catalyst that has allowed me to fundamentally change my life. my life is still a work in progress for sure but it truly was weight loss that taught me how to be productive. one of the most important lessons I learned was how to live with things just... being crappy sometimes. sometimes I really wanted to binge on some bs food but I just... didn't... learning how to just live with that seriously taught me how to go to work and just simply try. it taught me how to get on the phone and make those calls I need to make. it taught me how to just accept that you have to do things you don't want to do and you cant just put shit off. I'm a former procrastinator now. I do things when I have to do them and... its... great. ive gotten more done in the past 3 years than the rest of my life combined. ive fixed like 4 5ths of the things I didn't like about myself. I truly do love myself. a lot of that goes to the people in this subreddit because this is where I learned what I needed to learn to loose. I love you guys and wish you all the best and I hope anybody who has had the same issues as me gets over them like I did. [link] [comments] |
| My parents’ comments are discouraging me from losing weight... Posted: 15 May 2020 11:35 PM PDT My situation is that i gained approximately 25 pounds throughout this whole entire school year due to stress eating from 155 to 180 pounds at 5'7. Ever since this quarantine started im down 13 pounds and now weigh in at 167. However today when i was talking to my mother, she started commenting about how it's gonna be bad that i keep gaining weight and is going to start developing symptoms due to being fat. At first i didn't care about it much but after thinking about it, i realized that my mom doesn't believe in me at all. thinks of me as someone who has no self control and that really hurts. she then started commenting on all the health risks about being overweight as if i'm not caring for my health at all. i'm seriously crying so much to the point that i've lost all motivation and just get angry at the sight of food that are present... please give me some words of encouragement and ways to cope with this. thank you [link] [comments] |
| [26F 5'2] Feeling discouraged because I can't seen to get over my weight loss plateau Posted: 15 May 2020 11:44 PM PDT My weight loss history: 230 lbs > 173 lbs >185 lbs >181 lbs I lost the majority of my weight through keto, cardio and light weight training, and OMAD. I would say at around 180 lbs, losing weight suddenly became really, really difficult. I had to exercise so hard and restrict myself so much, but it still took me nearly a year to get down to 173 lbs. I started a new job and I simply couldn't balance the long hours, the stress, eating well, and exercising so I reverted back to my old eating habits which was a lot carbs, fat, and junk causing me to gain weight. I gained about 5 lbs within 2 weeks of the quarantine and thats when I decided to get back on track. I went back on keto (btw I only do keto because it's very effective at controlling my intense cravings and prevents me from overeating) and occasional OMAD. I do very clean keto. I don't buy or make calorie dense keto treats (i.e. bars, fathead dough, fatbombs, etc etc.) I basically eat meat, vegetables, small amounts of fruit, and oil/butter. I do home work outs 4-5 times a week for about 30 mins usually from fitness blender or popsugar. I usually do a HIIT workout or a fullbody workout (they don't feel like HIIT to me, I would say I'm pretty fit for my weight). I am using muscles that I don't think i've really used before. since I've previously really only do cardio. About a week in, I went from 185 lbs to 181 lbs which is very normal when starting keto and it's just water weight so nothing to celebrate. I have been stuck at 180 lbs for 3 weeks now. I just don't know what to do. I'm working so hard, I feel unsatisfied and hungry. I know common advice is to track everything and every calorie, but it does not fit with my lifestyle and schedule. I'm getting paranoid and I'm thinking that maybe I have PCOS? (I'm aware I need to talk to a doctor). Or maybe my body is having issues because I've been obese all my life and it's freakin out? 173 lbs is probably the lowest I've weighed at this height in my life. Does anyone have other advice? Or encouraging words? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 15 May 2020 02:54 PM PDT I wanted to share this and nobody around me is interested, but I'm just so proud of my progress and how healthy I've been going at it. I've been overweight since childhood, mainly due to neglecting abusive family and comfort eating. When I was 23 I had a revelation on how unhealthy I was and have been exercising and eating better as much as I can since then. It has never been constant though, aforementioned family didn't support me emotionally or financially + I had a lot of stress and BOI does that make everything including losing weight and finding the energy to exercise really really hard. I'm 26 now, at a healthy weight albeit on the heavier end, and I've been working out even if on and off, regularly. I've also developed an eating disorder trying to lose weight though and that was the hardest bit. Once you get it, unless you have the proper help, it seemingly never really goes away and I never had the proper help. After I graduated university and overcame a health issue, I decided that I would eat as clean as I can, portion control as properly as I can and exercise as often as I can starting January. I've been exercising at least once a week and for the past month and a half I've exercised every day unless I felt ill. Since weight numbers trigger my eating disorder but body measurements don't, I've been taking my measurements since January. In four months I've slimmed down so much. So far I've lost
As for weight, I've not been focusing on it but I think I lost around 3 kgs. Which really shows how important it is to exercise and have healthy eating habits instead of focusing on weight. In these months I didn't calorie count, I had three meals daily and most days some dessert. I've been mostly staying at home since mid February so I had very very little daily work, only the housework. The main things I did were
I'm so so proud of my progress you have no idea. I haven't triggered myself into starving, I ate junk food and fried food, I didn't struggle with hunger, and when the eating disorder felt like it was coming back I did everything necessary to stop it. AND I've slimmed down and lost weight. Slowly and keeping both my physical and mental health intact. TL,DR: in four months I've slimmed down a total of 46 cms all around my body, lost 3 kgs, and did it while keeping myself physically and mentally healthy! (didn't trigger eating disorder back!) [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 15 May 2020 10:32 AM PDT Four months into losing, and I've been frustrated lately that even taking a day off and maintaining requires conscious effort. A couple weeks ago, though, I was putting in my contacts, and something clicked for me: every day I pay attention to taking care of my body, the easier it gets. I started thinking about it like this: my body's desire to eat more than I need is natural and probably can't be fundamentally changed, but that doesn't mean I can't get used to working with it. It's like my eyesight. I'm pretty severely farsighted, and I've been wearing glasses or contacts since I was a little kid. Every single day, without fail, I put in my contacts in without even thinking about it. It's what I need to do to work with my body's limitations. I don't take time every morning to lament how I can't read my clock without glasses - if anything, I'm grateful that there's something easy I can do about it! This is how I'm approaching weight loss now, and how I hope I will approach maintenance when I reach my goal. I don't want to be mad that my body's natural desire for more is an inconvenience - I just want to be thankful I can do something simple and effective about it and put it out of my mind. [link] [comments] |
| [Challenge] European Accountability Challenge: May 16th, 2020 Posted: 16 May 2020 12:20 AM PDT Hi team Euro accountability, I hope you're all well! For anyone new who wants to join today, this is a daily post where you can track your goals, keep yourself accountable, get support and have a chat with friendly people at times that are convenient for European time zones. Check-in daily, weekly, or whatever works best for you. It's never the wrong time to join! Anyone and everyone are welcome! Tell us about yourself and let's continue supporting each other. Let us know how your day is going, or, if you're checking in early, how your yesterday went! Share your victories, rants, problems, NSVs, SVs, we are here! [link] [comments] |
| 30 Day Accountability Challenge - Day 15 Posted: 15 May 2020 06:59 PM PDT Hello losers, Half way through the month! Crazy! Weight by end of month (200 lbs, preferably trend weight): 205 this morning. I woke up sore today kids. Stay within calorie range (1500 ish): 1565 planned. 1/1 weeks weekly calorie average, minus maintenance Mondays. Exercise 5 days a week: 30 minute lunch walk is probably all she wrote today. 14/15 days. Self-care time (journaling, working on love journals, beauty treatments, drawing 0/15 days): Therapy. Try a new recipe once a week: I'm eyeballing a cowboy caviar recipe & will be making dry beans into ready to roll cooked beans this weekend. 15 bean soup with ham & sweet roasted chickpeas with nuts so far. 2/5 weeks. 50 pages of The Body Keeps the Score: Probably not tonight. 10/50 pages. No fast food, candy from the work dish or Starbucks: Check. 15 day streak no fast food, gift card only Starbucks, 3 candy related lapses in judgement. Listen to my effing body: Body sore today. Good tired muscle sore though, not ouchie I pulled something sore. Be more mindful & express gratitude, avoid the hedonic treadmill: I recently got on board the sugar free pudding mix with almond milk train & I'm riding this bitch for a very long time. Your turn! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 15 May 2020 06:54 AM PDT I have yo-yo'd for so many years with my weight. I started gaining it when I was 16 and had my own job, meaning I could buy my own food. But my relationship with food has never been a healthy one. Recently though, (recently as in last Saturday) I decided to make it my mission to get myself under control. I set my calorie count to 1350 and have been tracking as much as I can. Specifically measuring out what I can eat and making sure I don't have any of the intolerances. And it paid off. Since Sunday morning when I last weighed in, I have lost 5 pounds. That's a pound a day. And obviously I know that it's not a pace that will be maintained. I know as I lose more weight it will slow down. But stepping on the scale this morning and seeing that, has been so tremendously helpful to my self esteem and to my goals. 5 down, 58 left to go. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 15 May 2020 11:47 AM PDT Losing weight has always been a struggle for me. I've been overweight since I was about 10. There are things that factored into my weight gain, for sure, but for too long I've been blaming only those things and not taking any of the blame on myself. I've been trying to lose weight for years, now, but I would lose maybe 10-15 lbs, and then I'd stall and get frustrated and give up. My dr put me on phentermine, and for sure that is helping, but - it isn't the whole story. I'm working hard on my calorie intake. I'm exercising daily. I can't do much right now, I get about 15 mins a day of a mix of walking and light aerobic-type dancing. But I'm doing it and I'm not giving up. This time, I know that stalls happen. This time, I know that weight fluctuating up a little bit is normal and it doesn't mean I'm failing. I hit 15lbs lost 2 days ago, and then my weight went up by 2lbs. Today I'm at -13.8 and I'm not panicking. I did hit that -15lb mark, and this isn't the end of it all. It's normal. I'm adjusting. I think the biggest help is that I'm taking things in -5lb bits. I used to set lofty goals for myself and then I'd "fail" around -10lbs and give up. So this time, it's "I can do -5 lbs. And then I can do -5lbs again. And again." I have a long, long way to go - but I can do it. [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from loseit - Lose the Fat. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
No comments:
Post a Comment