Weight loss: Adele’s weight loss controversy |
- Adele’s weight loss controversy
- I Can fit in large T-shirts! Progress and a few pictures
- Down 16 lbs since March - 188 to 171
- Body Dysmorphia is a REAL thing
- My weight loss journey so far (BMI 42 to 24,9)
- "I'm Not Fat!"
- Do you find it weird to wear L instead of XL? Don't worry! It's the same when you go from M to S!
- Lost a Ton of Weight Wife Won’t Touch Me
- Daily Q&A Post for Friday, 08 May 2020 - No question too small!
- 30 Pounds Down! 220 -> 190 (6'0" 40 year old guy)
- Yes, I DO love myself!
- Sabotage with Doughnuts & Cake. What’s her problem?
- Keep on swimming aka walking
- Yes, calorie tracking is a pain in the ass but it works.
- You Know You’re Overweight When...
- 280 pounds at age 13.
- NSV - my face looks thinner when I catch my reflection in the mirror. I am disabled and in lockdown but it still happened. I haven't done anything above CICO and keep moving.
- Weightloss x toilet
- My thoughts, lessons learned and successes after 30 days of my health journey.
- Rant: Back to losing it (again)
- Officially 70 lbs down !
- I overate late last night, and I’m not even mad.
| Adele’s weight loss controversy Posted: 07 May 2020 08:34 AM PDT Hope it's okay to post here. I found an article on her recent weight loss. If you check her Instagram she posted an updated birthday photo. It was so sad to see all the comments that she couldn't have lost that much without surgery etc. When we all know this way of eating and similar ways of eating really work. I see posts every day in this thread and others of people losing 100+ pounds. Also so many body positive people seem upset now and that she shouldn't be "praised for being thin and beautiful" this just hurts to see those kind of comments. Yes beauty comes in all shapes and sizes but dang lose some weight and get healthy and piss everyone off. Let her life and be healthy and have confidence. It's crazy what getting in shape does to other people's egos. People were also saying how they're sad because Adele isn't "relatable" anymore. 😳 What are your thoughts. Have people said crazy things to you after losing the weight? [link] [comments] |
| I Can fit in large T-shirts! Progress and a few pictures Posted: 07 May 2020 10:09 AM PDT I have never really been able to fit in large generally to my build and often being overweight. But now I can, and I can feel confident shirtless in public. Over 4 years I have lost over 60kg it has been a gradual weight loss. I put on a tonne of weight during my depression and when being on antidepressants. But I lost it all running. I still see myself the person I used to be, but that is probably down to low self-esteem. Before the lockdown, I joined a gym and started core training to aid in my marathon training. As a result, you can see in the pictures I have started building muscle. I realise that I may be putting on slight amounts of weight, but that is the most likely muscle I am putting on. As for a while, I was determined to be under 90kg at 6ft2. But now I am happier and much more confident in my body as a whole. Still, a long way to go :) Progress pics: https://imgur.com/a/sme1gXR [link] [comments] |
| Down 16 lbs since March - 188 to 171 Posted: 07 May 2020 06:55 AM PDT Nervous to post, but I've been lurking here long enough! At 16, I was 270 lbs and that realization is what prompted me to begin my weight loss journey. My weight loss was slow and steady and stalled at 170 around 5 years ago. I'd gain and lose the same 10 lbs every year, but the stress of life caused me to teeter a little too close to 200 in March. At this point, I began using IF where I typically do 18:6, but sometimes I do 20:4 depending on the day. Most significantly, I began eating 1200 calories a day while using MFP and scales to ensure that I am staying on track and maintaining a nutritious diet. I've only begun incorporating light exercise (walking an hour a day) over the past week as I had significant back pain due to my weight. I know I still have a ways to go, and I would like to begin toning soon, but I am ecstatic with my progress so far. Photos on the left were taken March 30 (at 185) and the photos on the right were taken today (May 7) at 171. Hopefully my link works! [link] [comments] |
| Body Dysmorphia is a REAL thing Posted: 07 May 2020 11:20 PM PDT Hello redditors of r/loseit. You might not read this, or care, but I guess yelling this out into the void is the therapy I need right now. TD;LR: this just outlines some of the struggles I've had with body dysmorphia, a little bit of my story, my journey, and what I feel like on the inside. It's cathartic, really... "I look back on my body from a few years ago and I'd kill to look like that again. But I never ever remember feeling good in my body at the time and thought I was too big" This is a quote from some twitter post that really stuck out to me and rung true. I have always struggled with my body image. The scale has never matched how I look. I could be 180 pounds and look skinny. I tell friends and family my weight now and it's always a surprise because "I would have NEVER guessed you weigh that much. You must hide it really well. They say muscles are heavier than fat so maybe you just have a lot of muscle!" Yeah, right haha. I have vivid memories of my father telling me at 12 years old that if I continued eating how I was eating that I would be a blimp, and that I was close to already being there. He told me that men don't find fat girls attractive. I was at a healthy weight at 12 years old and any 'unhealthy' eating habits I did had I learned from my parents. My mother would constantly have something to say about my body and my weight, specifically my breasts (???). She would tell me when I'm older I should think about getting a tummy tuck and a breast lift and that then I would be beautiful and skinny. I suffered with binge eating all my adolescence, and not stopping when I was full. Eating full platters just because I loved the taste, not because I was hungry. Bored snacking. Yadda yadda. At my high school graduation, I was 215 pounds and a size 14/15. At 18 years old, the day after I graduated high school I moved across the country without my parents and lost a bunch of weight. I was working at a restaurant, smoking a bunch of weed, and drinking protein shakes when I wasn't having my usual Red Robin burger (where I worked) or Chick fil A. My weight loss wasn't intentional. How I managed to lose as much weight as I did? I have no clue. I was probably about a size 10. Had no idea how much I weighed because I didn't own a scale. I looked good and I felt good, but still when I looked in the mirror all I could see and focus on was my rolls on my stomach, my flabby arms and my breasts which 'hung' too low for an 18 year old. When I moved back home a year later, I switched to a few different birth controls (long story) which caused my hormones to completely go whacky, and combined with insecurity and the holidays, I managed to gain over 35 pounds. Along with the weight came my mother's incessant and unnecessary comments about how much weight I've gained and to "just do what you were doing when you lived in [state across the country]!" I tried to lose the weight. I was active. I ate right. I went to doctors who prescribed me medication after medication to 'cease my appetite' and help me to lose the weight but I only lost about 8 pounds. Had to sit through my old, white, male doctor telling me how I'll 'get the attention of all the boys when I'm finally skinny', or how my weight loss was all in my head, and about how nutritionists were all crackpots. When I asked to see an endocrinologist because I feared my weight gain was hormone based (from the birth control fiasco), I was basically laughed at and was told that "specialists don't see people just because they're fat." It caused me to spiral into a mindset of complacency about my body and my weight. Why should I care about what I look like or how much I weigh if what I try to lose weight is useless. So I stopped trying. Stayed away from mirrors and scales. I ate what I wanted and didn't care. I am now 21 years old, 5' 9", and last time I weighed myself (about 4 weeks ago) I weighed in at 225 lbs, my all time highest high weight. I can feel the rolls on my back touching my hips. I feel my arms close to ballooning out of my shirts. I look in the mirror, and I feel like I'm being lied to. Sometimes I see myself and I'm skinny, cute, and stylish. My jaw line is prominent, and my 'fat' is really my curves. Other times all I see is double chin city, my back rolls that somehow multiplied to 3, my mismatched boobs that hang weird, and all I can think about is how my dad was right, I'm a blimp. I look back at pictures of how my body looked after I moved away. How skinny I was, and how good I looked. But I remember how I felt, and my mindset was terrible. The body I had did not match the way I thought my body looked. The body I had is what my goal is now. But I'm working on that. I've changed my mindset through meditation and affirmations. The body I had is the body I have. When I look in the mirror, I focus on the things I love about myself, and think about the things I am working on. What my goals are. I still don't own a scale, I get too obsessed. Instead I like to focus on how my clothes fit, and how I feel. I started intermittent fasting, drinking protein shakes, intuitive eating, yoga, mindfulness, and walking my dogs. I would really like to not feel my back fat rubbing my hip fat. One day. It is a long, long journey. One day I will look in the mirror and the girl looking back will be the one I feel like on the inside. [link] [comments] |
| My weight loss journey so far (BMI 42 to 24,9) Posted: 07 May 2020 01:19 PM PDT Warning: here comes a long one (also, I'm a disaster with English prepositions). I'm female, 29, 161 cm or 5'3. I was always fat. I don't think my weight was in the healthy range since I was... 4? 5 years old, maybe? It never bothered me tho, I always had friends, boyfriends, no health problems... you name it. I has never bullied, no one acted different around me even if I was always the fattest person in my friend circle. Sure, It happened that I had crushes with boys that were not interested at all, but I could move on, I felt fine. I did sports, I was rather good at swimming and golf, but I stopped in high school. After that I really became sedentary. I would walk a couple km a day, but I was always a picky eater and generally I overate the things I really like and ignored vegetables. I got more fat specially when I went to college away from home and I could cook for myself. I was ashamed of cooking in front of my healthy friends so I basically ate microwaved meals when they were not around, with a bit of fast food in the middle. I rarely ate something that was good for me. But I still felt fine. The first time I lost weight I had the help of my best friend. We ate a gigantic francesinha (google it, it's definitely not good for you but omg how good is it) and the owner offered us a chocolate mousse. We were so stuffed, but how could we say no to a free dessert? While we were outside of the restaurant, we decided to join a gym. I was 90 kg (198 pounds). I lost 15 kg (33 lbs) in a couple of weeks and I was feeling great! I was eating better, but I was also restricting a lot. Eventually I stopped caring, stopped going to the gym and gained it all back and more. The second time I lost weight I was unhappy with how I looked. I was 98 kg (216 lbs). I went back to the gym and to my restrictive diet of before. I was losing again around 2 kg (4,4 lbs) a week. I would have breakdowns if I was not losing. One time I didn't want to go to a anniversary party because I didn't lose any kg that week. I lost around 20 kg (44 lbs). Eventually my best friend moved away. I still went to the gym but when I went to Erasmus everything went off the rails. I would overeat constantly, snacking all the time (sometimes I would eat all pack of digestive cookies in a day – I still love them now, tho). After Erasmus I went to the doctor. I always had big breasts (which I hate), and my best friend told me our national healthcare system would do the reduction for free if it was a health concern. To do the operation for free I had to have a healthy BMI. My doctor talked about weight loss surgery. I was a bit dazzled (why would she recommended it to me?). I was 102 kg (224 lbs). Eventually I moved to another country to live with my boyfriend. Having the liberty to buy whatever I wanted to eat was not good. We had take out all the time, we snacked all day. I knew I was getting fatter, but I was happy. I still felt mostly fine. One Halloween we went to McDonalds' at 4 in the morning because I didn't have dinner. A couple of hours later I was feeling pain like I never felt before. I went to the hospital and the doctor said it was a gastroenteritis. Everything stayed the same. A couple of months later we went to have a weekend getaway in Germany. I should have known that something was very wrong when walking 8 km killed my feet and left me in pain. But it didn't. In the day we came back, we had a burger for lunch and then at home I has eating a chocolate bar with hazelnuts that we bought in Rausch's. It was really delicious, but a couple of hours later I was back at the hospital. I had a gallbladder stone. I was 27 and I weighted 108,5 kg (239 lbs). It's sad that I had to suffer so much to finally open my eyes but that was what happened. I went to a doctor and he gave me a diet of 1600/1700 calories per day, because he didn't thing I could take less than that. But I'm a very strong minded person. I downloaded myfitnesspal. On the first day I ate 1300 calories and I felt fine. The nest day I decided to go down to 1200 and stayed there until now (around that at least). I ate normally, I just stayed inside my calorie allowance. My SO was (and is!) amazing and motivated me every step of the way. I started to go to the gym. I would mainly go to swim, because it's the only sport I really loved. I also did yoga at home. I try to do at least 30 to 60 minutes of exercise a day and to that I have to thank to my apple watch, which became a great motivator for me. Eventually I had some lessons with a personal trainer and started to do some hiit circuits and some lifting. I started to run with C25K (never finished it tho, because of corona) and I absolutely despised running before. I still suck at it, but for my goal I bought a new pair of running shoes and I will try to resume it. I started intermittent fasting a couple of weeks into my "diet" (mainly 16/8, sometimes OMAD when I had a nice meal at a restaurant, but now with the quarantine it's mostly 18/6). Now I've been doing Ring Fit Adventure and some hiit training (I use Carrot, btw). I gave myself something nice every 5 kg lost (clothes, going to the hair dresser, a kitchen robot, make up and skincare... whatever I wanted). It helped me staying focused in a way, but it was always kinda easy to me to stay on track. When I go on vacation I never fast and I never count calories. I slowed down my progress but I kept my sanity. Last December I crashed and burned tho. I was not losing, I was tired, I wanted a break. I had a break, I gained weight and on New Year's Eve I was back to the hospital with a gallbladder attack. Yey me. I have to be careful with what I eat, I can't have too much fat and spicy things (even alcohol) or I risk an attack. Well, at least I got back on track. I'm waiting for the operation to remove my gallbladder stone, but the corona virus situation has put everything on hold. Recently I started to add more vegetables and fiber to my diet because I was having some trouble going to the bathroom (lol). I usually have a smallish lunch, a big dinner and dessert – I follow a lot of the recipes from 200 is plenty sweet, I love them! At the 436th day of my "diet" I arrived to a healthy BMI. I am 64,6 kg (142 lbs). I don't think I even believe it. I wish I felt slimmer or leaner but it is what it is. I still have a bit to go. I have loose skin on my arms, breasts and belly. Still quite a bit of fat in the belly also. My legs are mostly fine – I don't think I will have surgery there. I hope to arrive to 58 kg (127 lbs) before I start to think about skin removal surgery. That would also put me in a big round number of 50 kg lost – almost half of me! That is my final goal. Wish me luck! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 07 May 2020 07:04 AM PDT 30 f 5'11" sw: 260 cw: 180 gw: ? I was in the shower this morning and glanced down at my stomach, not sucked in or flexed or anything, and I thought "wow! I'm not fat!" It was such a good feeling. I thought my goal weight was 155, and maybe someday I'll focus and get there, but for now, I'm going to be okay at 180. I've struggled with that decision a lot lately. I've gotten to a point where I no longer have "skinny clothes" to dig out, because I've never been this small as an adult. I wore a top last week I've had since 8th grade. I went from a size 22 to a size 10! I'm still technically overweight by BMI, and there's always room for improvement, but I'm going to maintain here for now. I've had some issues with disordered eating in the past. Nothing diagnosable, but headed in the wrong direction. I stopped counting calories, and have lost the last 40 lbs with intermittent fasting and intuitive eating. Some of those disordered patterns are returning lately though. It seems when life spins out of control, I grab onto food as something I can control, and it's not okay. I have a toddler to teach healthy habits to (and his other parent, my ex, is about 350 lbs of Wendy's and Dr Pepper) and I don't want to pass it to him. Also, I have an alphabet soup of mental health diagnoses already and don't want to be adding any new ones. It feels both freeing, and scary to consider not trying to lose weight anymore. I'm not sure how to change my eating habits to maintenance level. I'm excited and happy to be at this point, but I also feel like I'm entering uncharted territory. [link] [comments] |
| Do you find it weird to wear L instead of XL? Don't worry! It's the same when you go from M to S! Posted: 08 May 2020 02:41 AM PDT In past I used to comfortably fit into M. These days it's either S or (on rare occasions depending on the cut of the clothes) XS. This is so weird to me. I still often look at M-size or select it in online shops because apparently my brain hasn't caught up yet even though it's been a year. On the other hand, one of my favourite pairs of shorts no longer fit me in M. I mean, I can wear them, but when I sit, there's an uncomfortable gap showing my belly and underwear to everyone happening to stand close-by. The material of these shorts is quite stiff, so it makes a bowl where my belly used to be, showing off my underwear these days! Don't be weirded out by having to buy a size smaller in the shops! Yay to you! [link] [comments] |
| Lost a Ton of Weight Wife Won’t Touch Me Posted: 07 May 2020 07:13 AM PDT Male 43 - Starting Weight 346 pounds - Current weight 238 pounds I'm in the best shape of my life. I've lost a ton of weight and put on a bunch of muscle. I'm as small as I was in high school but about 30 pounds heavier. I'm much more chiseled. All great accomplishments, but... I spend hours everyday seeking approval from my wife, and trying to get her affection. We go somewhere with friends and the women look at me, and a couple have commented that I'm crazy hot. All my wife says is don't feed his ego. My wife says I don't feel like her husband anymore. This in fact happened yesterday. I'm literally devastated. My woman I can't touch and can't touch women who want to touch me. I have no idea what to do here. I feel like I'm loosing my mind. Anyone else go through this? What was the outcome? [link] [comments] |
| Daily Q&A Post for Friday, 08 May 2020 - No question too small! Posted: 08 May 2020 03:00 AM PDT Got a question? We've got answers! Do you have question but don't want to make a whole post? that's fine. Ask right here! What is on your mind? Everyone is welcome to ask questions or provide answers. No question is too minor or small. TIPS:
[link] [comments] |
| 30 Pounds Down! 220 -> 190 (6'0" 40 year old guy) Posted: 07 May 2020 01:38 PM PDT I've lurked in here for long enough... I"ve decided I wanted to share where I'm at with this amazing community that helped me feel much more confident. Because of my job, I occasionally have to have pictures taken of me that get shared on websites or on social media... and I used to cringe when I'd see them... or try to pass off older photos of myself when I liked the way I looked better. But I'm happy to say, that I allowed a photographer to take my photo a couple of weeks ago, and I was happy with the results! Here's the before/after you can tell by the classy use of Jokerman Font™ that I'm feeling a bit better about myself. Creating a -500 CICO a day + eating 0.7g of protein per day per lb of bodyweight was the key. The weight fell off pretty quickly at first just from the diet changes + drinking WAY less -- but then I plateaued a bit around 20lbs down. I then upped my Fitbit step goal from 12k/day to 15k/day and bought a rowing machine that I use in the morning for 20 mins during the workweek. Then, the whole COVID-19 lockdown hit. I was finding it much harder to get my step goal (I started this weight loss journey in early Jan, like I'd done every Jan and failed for the last 8 years) -- I was pretty bummed out, I was having the most success at weight loss ever -- but the gym I was going to closed and I didn't have a 40min each way walk to work anymore - and my "commute" was one of my favorites parts of my day. So after a couple of weeks of stalled progress -- I had an idea: and it might help some of y'all struggling for your old routine: I started "commuting" to work everyday -- but its a bit different now. I either take a 40 min walk around my neighborhood before I start working... or I pretend I work on an island, and I use my rowing machine to get myself to "work" -- then I row/walk "home" after my work day before I can relax/watch TV/have a beer/whatever. It's been really helpful to keep me on track even though that part of my normalcy is gone. If you read this far -- thanks! And big thanks to this community for teaching me so much about CICO + nutrition, and inspiring me to achieve the first part of my goal. :) Hopefully, something in here is helpful. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 07 May 2020 01:22 PM PDT I was talking to a friend about weight loss the other day and she was telling her friend that she wanted to lose 20 pounds and her friend ask her if maybe she should try "loving herself instead". I've gotten similar responses. I used to think that loving myself meant eating whatever I wanted and not forcing myself to exercise. Then I realized that loving myself meant not being self indulgent and challenging myself to move every day and to set limits with myself in order to feel better mentally and physically. Losing weight, watching watching what I put in my body and exercising even when it's hard is the most radical form of self love I have ever practiced. I know this might sound obvious to y'all, but this is revelation to me! [link] [comments] |
| Sabotage with Doughnuts & Cake. What’s her problem? Posted: 07 May 2020 05:45 PM PDT So I had RNY weight loss surgery in February. I was on a medically monitored diet for several months prior. I told my Dad & Mom about my decision to have weight loss surgery when I started the medical diet. My Dad had the surgery a few years ago, so they are familiar with the dietary restrictions, no fatty foods or concentrated sugar... My mom & I discussed dietary restrictions multiple times. A little background on my Mom. She is 65, obese, has uncontrolled diabetes. When I was 16, I had worked out & dieted and lost 2 pant sizes. When I got down to a size 14 my Mom told me I better not lose any more weight because I was looking sick. So now, She goes to Starbucks every day (sometimes twice a day) and orders her Chai tea latte with 8 pumps of syrup. She eats white potatoes, pasta, corn or other filler carbs at every meal, because "That is an important part of you diet." She drinks a large glass of orange juice every day to "prevent illness." I have tried talking to her about her health & her diet but she won't listen and her diabetes is now affecting her kidneys and vision. Well right as I started my medically monitored diet my Mom asked me to come over & pick up a dozen doughnuts that she got for me. I told her then, "No," I don't want that kind of food in my house. Then she stopped by my house unannounced with a free dozen she got & wanted to share with me, 4 weeks after my surgery. I think she came over because I refused to pick them up last time. I took the doughnuts this time and gave them away at work. THEN, last weekend she called to tell me she got me a cake for my birthday. She has not bought me a cake for my birthday since I was 18 years old- over 20 years ago! I asked her what kind, and of course it was a full on sugary, butter cream frosted cake. She said, "Well, you have to have cake on your birthday." I told her, "You know I can't eat that." She acted confused, which made me confused because my Dad had the exact same surgery a few years ago. I lucked out and she did not come by because I had to get tested for Covid (I'm negative). But what gives? I'm wondering if she is actively trying to sabotage me or is she just not thinking? I'm actually getting a bit angry at her as the more I think about it the more calculated her behavior seems... How do I handle her? [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 07 May 2020 06:31 PM PDT F. 5'4. 217 lbs. I have injured knees, and am starting to try and get healthy. Was recommended to walk. I have an infant so I put her in her stroller or carrier and I walk until she starts to fuss, or I made it a half mile further than then day before. Day 1. 1.5 mile, I just couldn't go anymore. Day 2. 1.5 mile, daughter got fussy. Day 3. 2 miles! Walked 2 miles in a little under an hour. I'm so proud! I've also been counting my calories. It's a lot harder than I thought, because I'm watching serving sizes, plus trying to eat healthy. If I ate like I did before, I'd have no issue hitting the limit, plus more, but now I'm struggling to hit the total. [link] [comments] |
| Yes, calorie tracking is a pain in the ass but it works. Posted: 07 May 2020 08:24 AM PDT Not long ago I was on here lamenting unexpected weight gain. I thought that I was eating the same amount that I normally do but it turns out I was off just enough to shift the scale. it wasn't even that much of a difference. However since I have been back to calorie counting, I've been dropping weight pretty quickly. So, is it sometimes a big commitment? Yes it is. Is it a pain in the ass to pull out the measuring cup and start figuring out how much shredded cheese you can put in your burrito? Yes it is. Is it really annoying trying to calculate what menu items you can eat before you go out with your friend knowing that your friend is just getting whatever? Yes it is. Does it work? Yes it does. I promise that it is worth your time. [link] [comments] |
| You Know You’re Overweight When... Posted: 07 May 2020 06:58 PM PDT Last year, I gained a staggering 50 pounds due to a multitude of reasons that aren't important right now. Basically, I went from being 5"2 and 117 pounds to 170 pounds. It was a huge change, mentally and physically! There were a lot of things that I experienced as someone on the cusp of being obese that I didn't expect- people don't really talk about them! When I have trouble motivating myself, I think of these small inconveniences in my head. For example- no one ever told me that crossing my legs while sitting at a desk would be so uncomfortable! I couldn't do it! Would love to hear everyone else's- just small things about being overweight that you are not going to miss! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 07 May 2020 07:14 PM PDT Well, idek what to say rn except ask you guys what I should do. I'm 13 years old, around 5'8 and weigh 280 pounds. I've tried many times to do daily workout routines and diets but alot of the time my depression gets the best of me and I just give up and lose any hope of ever being able to lose all my extra weight. I'm starting to get scared that I might develope serious health problems at such a young age just because I cant man up and lose my weight. But I can never actually stick to a workout routine or a diet. On top of all this during quarantine my parents have been getting alot of extra junk food and due to the fact I'm just sitting at home all day I've been eating just out of boredom. We have an exercise bike in our living room and I always want to ride it but my family is out there all the time and im to self conscious/embarrased to workout in front of my family or even ask them to buy different food. But I can see why it's hard for them given were not really the best off money wise. I just feel like theres no point to even trying to do workouts or diets because I'll never actually lose any weight and I'm just wasting my time. I guess I'm just looking for ideas on what to do. Hope this post doesnt get deleted because I never use this app and i dont really know the rules. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 07 May 2020 08:39 AM PDT I have two chonic pain causing conditions, one of which limits my mobility. I over eat because I'm in pain and food is pleasurable. Psychologically I'd probably suit a variation on OMAD, but physiologically I need to eat throughout the day. I started by tracking all my calories, worked out what my TDEE is on sedentary days and more active ones and then worked on a CICO difference that didn't leave me feeling awful but just neutral (at least to start with, now the combo of not laying around and not being stuffed makes me feel better and more energetic). I wanted to share that even with 'legitimate' reasons to find weight loss hard, it's possible. These two photos are a year apart and it's not a shocking difference so just be prepared to be in it for the long haul - after all, once you've got to your goal weight you need to maintain! So it's about finding a balance you can live with. I've gone from around 93kg to 87kg, which at least takes me out of the obese category. I'm being kind to myself by accepting my limitations, not giving up because one day has been very hard and I've gone over my TDEE. I only weigh myself every 2 months and I avoid my period because I retain water like no one's business, but I'd advise trying different methods to find out what suits you best, because we all have different challenges and different mentalities. So to everyone out there who suffers with their health and can't do lots of exercise, we can do it. It doesn't matter that our journey might be longer than someone else's, it's our journey not theirs and the destination is still important. This sub is great and I'd like to thank you all for being such a kind and supportive community. [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 08 May 2020 04:11 AM PDT So I'm restricting right now, not drastically, but I'm making conscious choices about my diet. The problem is that, everytime, whenever I reduce my intake it's like my bowels just grind to a screeching halt. Things continue to go in, but they don't come out, and this will occur over the course of days. Metabolism isn't a static, inflexible process, I studied human phys. in college so I'm familiar aware biological action behind it, but I've never really been regular and I've always felt that my body takes it sweet time really sucking up every bloody mineral, nutrient and calorie it can before it opens the chute. Right now I haven't been able to poop for 3 days. I had a double shot of espresso 2 hours ago, still no change. I don't feel constipated, there's no discomfort, it's just, nothing's really happening. It was my weigh day 3 days ago and I point blank refuse to weigh myself unless I meet certain conditions which are
Does anybody have this problem, have any information on what causes it, and any solutions on how to remedy it? I feel like even if I'm eating less I should still be pooping everyday. [link] [comments] |
| My thoughts, lessons learned and successes after 30 days of my health journey. Posted: 07 May 2020 02:28 PM PDT My story is similar to a lot here. I am a 28 year old female and work swinging shift work as a police dispatcher. I have been around this subreddit for years, half heartedly starting and falling off the wagon again and again. This year, I really wanted to get healthy - did a half hearted attempt in January that didn't last 2 weeks. April 6th, I read an article about how obesity impacts Coronavirus and realized that I am literally putting myself at risk of dying - through COVID, diabetes, heart disease, etc. April 7th, I committed to doing 100 days of what I knew to be healthy choices from all the research I had done through the years. Walk the walk for 100 days and see what happens. No scale goal. Just do it for 100 days. Eat 1200 calories a day. Move more - walking, occasional yoga, tennis and maybe a work out or two if I really feel it. Start: 100KG at 5'4 put me at a BMI of 37.8. I am now 30 days into this journey I committed to and I have learned an immense amount about myself, my previous attempts and why they didn't work, and how I hope to move forward from this point. I have learned:
Day 30: 93KG at 5'4 puts me at a BMI of 35.0. I am too shy for body progress pics, but enjoy my face gains. I have maintained 1200 calories a day for the entire 30 days - I have allowed myself to have pizza once or twice, eat goldfish almost every day. I still have foods I love, but I only have a portion of them. I eat a lot more fruits and vegetables because I want to and because they are filling on fewer calories. My cravings are changing to crave water when I am thirsty and fruits and veggies when I am hungry. I still have occasional urges to get a bag of doritos and eat them while reading a book but that voice is easier and easier to say no to. I am so happy I committed to 100 days and I cannot wait to see how much my health has improved 70 days from today (and then 170 days, and so on). I am new to this and still learning a lot myself but please reach out if you have questions, want to chat or need support. This community has helped me immensely and I would love to give back into it. TL;DR - committed to 100 days of healthy eating so I don't die an early death due to obesity. 30 days in and I have lost 7KG (15.4lbs) and learned that doing this out of a place of love for myself is so much more sustainable. [link] [comments] |
| Rant: Back to losing it (again) Posted: 07 May 2020 09:41 PM PDT Hi all, I'm 28F 5'4 SW 147 CW 142.4 GW 132 and not new here. I lost 10 pounds last year (hit 133) over 4 months thanks to browsing this subredddit and 1200isplenty. It was so challenging but CICO mostly worked! Back then I was living in USA, cooking my own meals and switched to healthy options. I thought I'd nailed it for the most part. 2020 came and I moved to a new city (without my significant other) and a new job and started stress eating (no excuses but French fries 🍟 helped me cope) I ended up gaining back 7-8 pounds and then COVID happened. I came back home to be with my husband and quarantined at home for 2 weeks = more eating and confined to a room. I gained almost all the weight I lost back and I am now back to CICO and weight loss. Hoping to hit 135 and maintain there. Feels much harder this time, as my meals are cooked by my mother in law/grandma and it's hard to gauge calories. I've cut out fried snacks for most part and gone to eating very less per meal as I wasn't losing on eating my usual portions and now finally the pounds are falling. I'm also working out everyday but I miss my low calorie tortilla instead of home made bread and cauli rice instead of real rice. They helped me volume eat and actually helped me stay full. Currently my portion sizes are quite sad! Anyway end of rant. The scale is finally moving in the right direction so I'm gonna keep it at. Wish me luck as I do this yet again!! [link] [comments] |
| Posted: 07 May 2020 11:16 AM PDT 20 f 5'5'' (?) sw:282 cw: 211 gw: 160-180? As of yesterday, i've officially lost 70 pounds from my starting weight ~7 months ago diet alone! It is so surreal seeing '211' on the scale thinking 7 months ago i was above 282... I drink around a gallon of water a day, sometimes a gatorade or if i'm really craving something different a monster energy (i know...) I'm intermittent fasting and it's become second nature, i think my body is used to only eating once, i do get hungry but i don't necessarily have an appetite during the day so i don't feel like i need to eat right then and there. I know I need to suck it up and start going for walks (just around the block, i promise i'm not going to be near anyone except my dog) even though it'll be 100 degrees outside soon... I've just recently bought clothes in XXL instead of XXXL and they actually fit ? it's so strange being able to easily fit into leggings that were a pain to get into around christmas (they're compression) Everyone says they can see i've lost weight (it's 70 pounds i don't doubt it) but i feel like i've only noticed within the past month being able to see my collarbones??? i don't think i've seen those since i was 15 it's CRAZY... I have a new found appreciation for necklaces, seeing them kind of dip and mold to my collarbone is... intoxicating? it's a good feeling for sure, after not seeing results in my eyes for 6 months. At this point i'm just rambling, I think i'm just so excited to be so close to onederland... This sub has definetly helped me a lot when I plateaued, thanks for reading lol... [link] [comments] |
| I overate late last night, and I’m not even mad. Posted: 07 May 2020 02:04 PM PDT (Sorry about formatting, I'm on mobile.) I started my weight loss journey towards the end of March, once quarantine started. Up until this past weekend, every day I was counting calories precisely, and going on hikes around 5 days a week. This past Saturday, I had takeout for the first time in a month. I was incredibly full after, and it was really eye-opening because that's how much I ate on a daily basis before I started actively trying to lose weight. On Sunday, I spent the day with my boyfriend, his sister, his sisters boyfriend, and his mom at her house, and I overate there as well, though not as bad. Monday and Tuesday, I stayed on track. Yesterday, not so much. I'm not entirely sure what triggered the over eating episode I had last night (I'm refraining from calling it a binge, because in high school I was bulimic and my binges back then were very different than last night.) I woke up feeling depressed. I still went on my hike, and I ate fairly healthy all day, stayed within my calories and my hours (I've been doing IF 16:8), but around 8pm I got really hungry. I decided I would have a snack of some carrots, celery, and cucumbers with some salt. Even though it was outside my eating hours, I didn't want to cause myself to obsess over food more all night and make myself miserable, and I was still within my calorie intake so I figured it was fine. I weighed it and logged it. Around 10pm, I was still hungry, and was starting to obsess. So I decided I'd have 300 calories worth of popcorn and goldfish, and I'd still be below maintenance so it wouldn't be a big deal. Again, I weighed and logged my snack. But the kitchen didn't stop calling out to me. There was an Apple turnover, an empanada, and two slices of pizza in the fridge calling out to me. So I ate it all. And two servings of Pringle's, and 3 Hershey kisses. And I felt really shitty, but I logged it all to the best of my ability. I ate approximately 1,800 calories over my daily budget. And it wasn't even what I'd consider to be a lot of food in the past. I was angry at myself, sure, but in my head before I did all of this snacking, I was already planning it out. And I allowed myself to do it. Today, I'm not mad. I'm more motivated today to get back on track, and I honestly see this as a good thing, and different than how I would overeat or binge in the past. I see it as a good thing because even though I went way over my calories, I ate the food I was craving, and realized how it really wasn't that great. And how I really didn't feel good after I overate when I wasn't even hungry anymore. I used to eat mindlessly every single day. It's no wonder I gained 48 lbs in the last two years. That little overeating session I had last night, the 1,800 calorie one, yeah, that was how I ate every single day for a meal. That doesn't include the other things I would eat in a day. And today, that isn't how I eat anymore. Today, I track my food, and I count my calories, and I don't eat emotionally. I eat when I'm hungry. I try to enjoy the food I'm eating. I have goals today. One of them is to lose the weight I've gained. I don't mindlessly eat anymore, I don't eat until I'm uncomfortably full, and I don't hate myself for allowing the weight gain to continue to the point it did. I applaud myself for the weight that I have lost, and even though I still have a ways to go, it's better I started where I did rather than let it get worse. [link] [comments] |
| You are subscribed to email updates from loseit - Lose the Fat. To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. | Email delivery powered by Google |
| Google, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States | |
No comments:
Post a Comment